Let's see your Mad Max/ Road Warrior props...

Here are some shots of the Hudson, including the metal barrel upgrade.

The first set of photos shows the metal barrel in place on the Road Warrior/Mad Max 2 version of the shotgun. This Hudson is also sporting the wood stock upgrade.

1461820.jpeg

Here are a few comparison shots of the metal barrel alongside the original plastic barrel. In addition to being slightly longer, the metal barrel has fixed iron sights that are not present on the plastic barrel.

1748507.jpeg

This last shot shows the Road Warrior Hudson shotgun with metal barrel upgrade (middle) together with the Hudson Mad Max shotgun with chromed parts and wooden stock upgrade (top), and the original plastic barrel from the RW shotgun (bottom).

1781512.jpeg

Thanks, Pilot! :thumbsup

Last edited:
Not to discount your cool props, but didn't Max use a can opener on the Dinky-Di? The one in the movie didn't have a pull tab. I need to watch the movie again, though (for the millionth time). :)

Max did indeed use a can opener.
I made up several cans as give aways.
So I was being cheap and purchased the first cans I found at the lowest price.
I think it was tomato soup.
Scott

I've got the Hudson Road Warrior with the plastic barrel, does anyone know if the metal upgrade is still available?

Here are some shots of the Hudson, including the metal barrel upgrade.

The first set of photos shows the metal barrel in place on the Road Warrior/Mad Max 2 version of the shotgun. This Hudson is also sporting the wood stock upgrade.

http://www.hooverae.com/upload/files/241108/1461820.jpeg

Here are a few comparison shots of the metal barrel alongside the original plastic barrel. In addition to being slightly longer, the metal barrel has fixed iron sights that are not present on the plastic barrel.

http://www.hooverae.com/upload/files/241108/1748507.jpeg

This last shot shows the Road Warrior Hudson shotgun with metal barrel upgrade (middle) together with the Hudson Mad Max shotgun with chromed parts and wooden stock upgrade (top), and the original plastic barrel from the RW shotgun (bottom).

http://www.hooverae.com/upload/files/241108/1781512.jpeg

Thanks, Pilot! :thumbsup

I would love to have one :)

IMG00004-20130616-2208_zpsa91f1910.jpg
An exact Hurdy Gurdy (It even plays Happy Birthday!!)
And a close as I could find (It´s very close but not exact the same) spike knife.

Hi all, sorry if this is a bit of a Necropost but ive managed to get ahold of 2 of these.

20161112_114958.jpg

They play Happy Birthday as per the movie and I'm going to keep one but let one go. As temponaut was very interested in one I thought I'd offer it that way first but I dont get a response (hasnt been on since September) then I'll put it up in the JY.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW,.. Dog, wandered onto the set as a stray,.. the Director ended up keeping Dog as his pet after shooting.

They actually got him from a local pound. Nice story about how he picked up a rock and brought it over to them to play with him. Turns out he did this with everyone but it was enough for the production folks to choose him. Had to stuff his ears with cotton at times because he hated the engine noise. The guy kept him was a camera man.

I have quite a number of props, and costume stuff, and would love to share. Mainly I build 1:1 replica vehicles, like this car from Roadwarrior the "Red XA Bat: you might recognize:
14079931_1022172837881816_7253974629237376453_n.jpg
But thought of special interest on this forum might be the rare belt tools for my Roadwarrior Max costume, here they are in their natural state before any mods:
MVC-002S.JPG

My costume from an apocalypse photo shoot...still need the right pants, knee pads and holster. I had the accessories but the photographer had me leave them off. Working on a replica shot gun
It wasn't supposed to be a mad Max photoshoot so we didn't go full out max...
But I built the leg brace...and am currently in the process of making the costume better.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1556029448707.jpg
    FB_IMG_1556029448707.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 42
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back