Another "The Other" jawa budget blaster build

More progress. I went to the hardware store, but door stops were slim-pickins. There were three to choose from, but only differed in color. This one required a lot of cutting and shaping and still didn't really come out right, but I'm happy with it...for now. :)

FullSizeRender1.jpg

IMG_1855.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Seeing it with you holding it, it's a lot bigger than I thought !!
One comment on the trigger , as the original was I assume made in the U.K. , it's more likely to be a corkscrew part, as the door stop you showed I've never seen over here in any hardware / d.i.y. Shop , whereas the corkscrews have been common since the sixties . Just a thought .

Seeing it with you holding it, it's a lot bigger than I thought !!
One comment on the trigger , as the original was I assume made in the U.K. , it's more likely to be a corkscrew part, as the door stop you showed I've never seen over here in any hardware / d.i.y. Shop , whereas the corkscrews have been common since the sixties . Just a thought .

Mine wound up being 26.5". The consensus seems to put the original at 27". I scaled all of my measurements off of the fitting (again thanks to odiwan72!) and the archive photo from the parts ID post. I think it's a very nice size. I'll post a pic with my son holding it soon. Also, in its current state, it weighs 4 lbs, 3 oz. Not too bad and has a nice weighted feel to it. I think any jawa would be able to easily handle this weapon. :)

Glad to hear you were able to resume the work on your blaster! :D As for the trigger, I recently installed what suspiciously looked very similar to the one used for the blaster. It looks exactly like a flip down door stop that has had the rubber foot shaved down to a taper. They mount with 3 screws. Even if that's not what it is, that's what I'm going to use.
Here's an example of what I'm guessing: http://www.doorware.com/images/products/DHK5-EXT2_525.jpg

As for attaching the 'barrel' to the rear bolt, I think I'm going to use some small screws, since I will have some temporary electronics (pumpkin strobe light) installed and will need to be able to disassemble it down the road. The parts actually are a press-fit so it almost needs no fasteners, however, I'm sure my son will drop it a few times so that it can get that battle-damage look. :) Just a thought, though, the coupling looks very similar to what is on a boot for a motorcycle. It connects the carburetor to the engine and also the air box.
What are your plans for attachment?

I plan to partially fill the back of the venturi and screw the coupling in...maybe securing it with a set screw, we will see.

I am still convinced that the trigger is some kind of WW2 equipment...check the pictures I posted in the related thread

IMG_1862.JPGGot his robe sewn up. Hood is not made yet. Just threw scraps over his head. He is 53" tall for comparison.

Last edited:
Attached parts with screws. Still need to make the side knobs, top rear wedge, bolt on back of knurled fitting and some detailing on the barrel.

FullSizeRender (2).jpgIMG_1879.JPG

Last edited:
Created the rear wedge, but drilled the hole in the wrong location. :angry Have to also flatten the rounded part of the stock where it meets the wedge.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to give you a jawa secret that lucasfilm didn't want you to know. The lighted eyes should be placed on your wearer's mask below the wearer's eyes.....on their cheeks. It gives the appearance of a super tall forehead. This is how they were worn in ANH.

Dave :)

I'm going to give you a jawa secret that lucasfilm didn't want you to know. The lighted eyes should be placed on your wearer's mask below the wearer's eyes.....on their cheeks. It gives the appearance of a super tall forehead. This is how they were worn in ANH.

Dave :)

Thank you Dave! That is certainly the plan. At the time of the pic, I didn't have the hood or mask made. I just piled a bunch of scraps on his head and called it good for the pic, lol. He's been begging me to get the eyes done, but blaster first...then eyes. :D

A little bit more progress to report. Didn't get to completely finish the blaster before the kid's "Trunk or Treat" and monster bash the other day. Started the paint job (going for matching the blaster look from the nice photos that Gigatron posted) and made another part that goes under the linkage.
IMG_1941.JPGIMG_1940.JPGIMG_1886.JPG

Re: Another "The Other" jawa budget blaster build

That s definately the BEST scratchbuilt alternate Jawa blaster I have ever seen. Hope mine will turn out equally good ;)

Lol, Markus! Yours better turn out fantastico! Can't wait to see the "real deal" completed! Thank you again for your help and others who spent untold hours reasearching and identifying the parts, not to mention the great high quality photos of the museum pieces!

- - - Updated - - -

Turned out amazing!!!
Thank you ecl! It came out better than I expected, lol. It still needs a lot of paint finishing and hope to accomplish that real soon. Makes ME want to be a big jawa! :)

Ok. Got some more work done. This should be the last detail piece and this project will be complete! I found some radio buttons but had to cut them down to mimic the ones on the original prop. Still needs to be painted.

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender2.jpgFullSizeRender3.jpgFullSizeRender4.jpg

Modified radio knobs attached and primered. Very happy with the way this turned out. Probably put way more time into it than I originally planned.Thanks again for all the compliments, help, and pictures!
FullSizeRender.jpgIMG_2115.JPGIMG_2116.JPGIMG_2117.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back