Alien Nation... [sigh] remake

Actually, of all possible remakes, I think stuff like Alien Nation is actually right in the sweet spot for a good pick for a remake.

The original was decent, but not amazing. The TV show that followed was relatively short-lived and mostly only shown in syndication. The TV movies were Sci-Fi channel material.

Bottom line: it's not a well-known, classic property, but it's got a solid concept. IF you absolutely have to strip-mine Hollywood's past (and it sure seems like the industry does...) then I'd rather they be taking this stuff than, say, more classic material.

To me this is a great candidate for a remake. The original was a good premise, but didn't really have much success. It kinda came and went with general audiences. I think the TV show that came after was pretty good, though. Maybe this one can do better than the original.

EDIT
Haha! Yeah, what Dan said

Last edited:
I agree if they're going to remake it then at least it isn't them remaking Casablanca or something. I would like to see a remake of Robotjox since they're doing low budget material for remakes.

Loved the Series and as others have noted there is A LOT you could do with this Concept, it is limitless.

Now having said this I am sure they will screw the pooch as usual :unsure

Mmm mmm spoiled milk!

I'm not going to shout down any remakes. I was wrong about BSG, so I learned my lesson. Of course if it sucks or is only on a pay service I reserve the right to b*tch about it. :)

Man, I really liked the original, I'm not sure this is one that needs to be remade.

One of my favorite lines:
"You better drive, you're too *****d up to walk."

I agree if they're going to remake it then at least it isn't them remaking Casablanca or something. I would like to see a remake of Robotjox since they're doing low budget material for remakes.
I'm just going to go ahead and go on record now: I think remaking Casablanca is a terrible idea. Before we know who the cast is, who is directing it, what the stupid gimmick is... Before anyone has even started trying to do it... Eventually someone will. Someone will one day decide that it's a good idea so, right off the bat: I hate the idea.
~~~~~

Alien nation is a good candidate. I agree with what's already been said. Never got the love it needed back in the the day to really shine. Good concept that could easy turn into something big.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I happen to like the original film, and remember some of the series. But, I'm willing to give it a shot.

But why do a remake? Just do a sequel.

I suspect not many people under 40 have strong memories of the original. And nobody under 30 has even heard of it. It doesn't have the kind of pop culture familiarity that some other 1980s sci-fi stuff does.

The movie was ok at best and the TV show was purile....the men aliens have the babies???....:confused.....still it could be worse, no wait it is worse...they're making a film of C.H.I.P.S:sick

Wasn't the original Alien Nation really an allegory about the relationship between white and black people in the USA?
I think that the real purpose of the movie was as a commentary to the political climate of its time.
Remaking Alien Nation would be like remaking Rambo II or Red Dawn ...

Wasn't the original Alien Nation really an allegory about the relationship between white and black people in the USA?
I think that the real purpose of the movie was as a commentary to the political climate of its time.
Remaking Alien Nation would be like remaking Rambo II or Red Dawn ...

Due to board rules we can't really go down this path, but trust me, the climate in the US is not that different now. If the movie were done as such, it would still be just as relevant if not moreso.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back