Iron Man Mark 45 3D Modeling

Bogleo did you ever finish the helmet for printing [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm still working on it. The problem is, I'm not sure how to split it up for printing. Should I just split it into the main parts; faceplate, main part, and back/bottom section? Then people can slice it to their own printer size.

I'm still working on it. The problem is, I'm not sure how to split it up for printing. Should I just split it into the main parts; faceplate, main part, and back/bottom section? Then people can slice it to their own printer size.
Yeah sounds great that would be better to print that way [emoji2] [emoji106]

you can seperate the parts for your personal use. the most (me too) make a complete forearm,biceps.. chest piece, back piece..
after this we splitt the parts for printing.

Thanks Bogleo just run it through netfabb looks great thanks will def try orint this and give credit to MF for his awsome file ☺

Thanks Bogleo just run it through netfabb looks great thanks will def try orint this and give credit to MF for his awsome file ☺

Oh yeah one more thing, you'll have to scale it yourself. If you open it in a printing software and it's tiny, just scale it up.

Oh yeah one more thing, you'll have to scale it yourself. If you open it in a printing software and it's tiny, just scale it up.

If the helmet is scaled up exactly 98 times, it will be the right size to fit a human head. However, I couldn't help but notice some problems with the model... Not trying to bash your work; you did an incredible job getting this print-ready.

You added part of the helmet to the faceplate... It should be attached to the main bulk of the helmet.

compare_zps88hvqpus.png

There is a curved part on the lower jaw that wouldn't allow the faceplate to sit in correctly, also. This could easily be fixed by filing it down , but the problem up above is really the only thing of concern.

jawprob_zpsf16xceqx.png

But again, you did a great job getting this 3d print-ready. Very good work.

If the helmet is scaled up exactly 98 times, it will be the right size to fit a human head. However, I couldn't help but notice some problems with the model... Not trying to bash your work; you did an incredible job getting this print-ready.

You added part of the helmet to the faceplate... It should be attached to the main bulk of the helmet.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/hackmandude12/compare_zps88hvqpus.png

There is a curved part on the lower jaw that wouldn't allow the faceplate to sit in correctly, also. This could easily be fixed by filing it down , but the problem up above is really the only thing of concern.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/hackmandude12/jawprob_zpsf16xceqx.png

But again, you did a great job getting this 3d print-ready. Very good work.
Wow i never even noticed MF well spotted thanks for sharing that [emoji106]

Dude. Nice job! I'm new to 3D printing and need to ask

- What printer and software are you using?
- If you design an item from scratch, say a square, how difficult is it to do what you are doing? (Let's say just an IMN helmet)
- How long did you take to learn to design the stuff you see from just looking at it?

Thanks and keep on building!

nice scale, can you take a pic without the faceplate to show how much room inside the helm?

IMG_2467.JPG

sorry for the late reply. There is room on the sides the cheekbone is a little tight against my cheek but its not uncomfortable
however the back piece makes it difficult for me to put the helmet on so I'm gonna probably use magnets to secure it.

Attachments

• IMG_2467.JPG
    IMG_2467.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 126
like for real man, is there any sort of foam files ready for this yet?

Kadz and the others cannot convert the file they bought to foam and give it out. The free files Kadz made must be converted to foam, but Kadz has not completed his model, not sure if he will since he already has bought a perfect model, which is understandable.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back