Revell 1:50 Poe’s X-Wing Fighter

Hagoth. The engines well detail on this build were scratch built. So, no 3D print files created.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, great work you're doing... This kit is a mess out of the box. I just wanted say that on mine, I filed the fuselage openings down quite a bit, testing for function along the way, to get this wings to open as wide as they should. They only open not even half as wide as they should without filing... just trying to help.

Thanks for the tip!

Hagoth. The engines well detail on this build were scratch built. So, no 3D print files created.

Ahhh, I just re-read and realized it was not your comment to figure out how to put the design on Shapeways. Fantastic looking engine wells!

A quick update. Worked on installing the light kit for this model purchased from http://www.captainjacksmodels.co.uk. The kit includes 4 LEDs for the engines and 1 for the cockpit along with some fiber optics for the control panels. The fiber optics cycle color. I wanted to try and hide the wiring that leads to the engines in the inside of the s-foils. The wiring is darn thick for this scale. I could only groove out enough space to get the wiring flush so the wings would still close properly. The wiring should be mostly hidden with filler and paint.

029.jpg030.jpg031.jpg

For paint, I was inspired by the ILMconcept art below that depicted the T-70 in the original trilogy red.

032.jpg

My interpretation so far.

034.jpg035.jpg

I also went for a lighter gray look for the cockpit.

033.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back