The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Yes that struck me too, with eyes open like at a showroom.
don't forget Kylo's padawan saber too

also, did anyone thought Kylo's three prong saber looked brand new in TLJ? (specifically, in the throne room scene where it was laying on the floor) pretty sure it was weathered and worn in TFA.

05c0edb726c64367c71e9d4826315f1a.jpg

Last jedi proto.jpg

Rings are definitely even, do they look wider/flatter?

Hey SethS ! Yes, absolutely! I've been thinking the same thing since the fuzzy still On-Screen photos have been available.

Those GIANT triangles definitely look cheesy!

As far as the clampcard traces go... what if this particular seen is all CGI and the animators forgot to set the reflectivity of that 13th trace correctly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw man, being a manager at a cinema I'm so conflicted about taking pictures during the movie.

Hey dejordzta ! Could you explain briefly how movie projectors work? I'm just curious about two different ideas as to how to get the images you're after.

The first, if you have a digital projector, is there a way to pause the movie and capture the image through the computer that's running the projection program or the like?

The second, if it's a film projector, couldn't you simply lay the film across a scanner and scan the frames you need?

I don’t mind the lower profile black button. But I agree the arrows are too big :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey @dejordzta ! Could you explain briefly how movie projectors work? I'm just curious about two different ideas as to how to get the images you're after.

The first, if you have a digital projector, is there a way to pause the movie and capture the image through the computer that's running the projection program or the like?

The second, if it's a film projector, couldn't you simply lay the film across a scanner and scan the frames you need?

He’s already conflicted, let’s not get him fired.

He’s already conflicted, let’s not get him fired.

HA! I'm just asking questions about how the system works.

I'm definitely not telling him to be the first person into the movie house in the morning and the last person out late at night...with a suitcase full of a Photoshop laden laptop and a flatbed scanner with everything plugged into a powerstrip and ready to be plugged into a wall to make some scans or download images into from the projector's computer. ;)

Elusive. Hidden. Dangerous the Dark Side is. And the reward is well, more wealth than you can imagine.

tlj_ls.jpg

I CSI-enahnced one of Roy's pics....

I'm reticent to say anything for sure until we get actual screencaps free of any sort of distortion due to being a photo of a screen... but I really think the bands have a wider, gflatter edge. And the buttons on the box are much lower and seem to be a single piece-- which to be honest, I LOVE. I've always hated the cave-build box.

tlj_ls.jpg

tljbox.png

I see bigger flat edges on the rings, a single button on the box instead of the two, (like it were a rocker switch?), and not fully sure, but the rails look thinner and more flush-- closer to the ISYHCANL than the cave-build/hero.

I also don't know that there is a band that's not reflective at the end, I think that is the material of whatever the card is-- and that the black and gold/brass on top is a surface treatment-- maybe a simple label.

While it has the TFA style emitter, I don't think this is the TFA prop.

I also don't know that there is a band that's not reflective at the end, I think that is the material of whatever the card is-- and that the black and gold/brass on top is a surface treatment-- maybe a simple label.

Or, what if it's simply the edge of the control box and the clampcard is butted up flush against it. That would allow the card to slide forward and expose the innards of the control box!

I don't know why they'd build the innards with no need to show them-- but it could definitely be the top of the box... .though that'd be some pretty poor measuring!

To me, when look was looking for at it, it seemed that the “circuit board” “control box cover” “lid” wha ever we are going to call it

It was super shiny no?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so it looks like there is no groove in the middle of the black button.
boxes.jpg

great comparison photos seth! you believe the arrows are also 1 piece?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back