Resistance Crait Macrobinoculars / Neuro-Saav ND.621 Rangefinder (TLJ VD)

similar, yes.
But the shape is wrong.

Since the VF hood was probably scratch built, perhaps 3D modeled & printed,
I'm going to suggest that the 6 holed thing was also.

It seems we have enough reference to reproduce this simple part w/ a sheet of styrene.

After seeing pictures like this I'm pretty convinced it's a real part. It's just a matter of finding it. We just need to dig deeper. And yes, this may take some time.
bec954e9cda4a33689cf016a8400fd6c.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

Here are the parts that I've modeled in 3d in order to convert one of the single lens Bell and Howells into a TLJ macro binoculars
TLJ MACRO PARTS.jpg

I did a test print at 3dbub.com and it cost me about $14 to run them off. Once I check these parts out on a test build, I'll share the files

I had the parts printed. But the print on the viewer was pretty lowsy. I may do it again.

I want to complete my build before releasing the files.
Anyone want to reprint the viewer for me?

Here are the parts that I've modeled in 3d in order to convert one of the single lens Bell and Howells into a TLJ macro binoculars
View attachment 817722

I did a test print at 3dbub.com and it cost me about $14 to run them off. Once I check these parts out on a test build, I'll share the files

I had the parts printed. But the print on the viewer was pretty lowsy. I may do it again.

Following I would be interested in a Viewer if this becomes a run...

What do you need printed? I always have one printer free for small bits, just LMK and I can spool it today...

We’re both in NY so it’ll get to you pretty quick.

Last edited:
Anakin:
If you need me to print a prototype let me know. I also have the camera too in case you were curious how the prototype print sits, etc.

Could this piece be the greeblie for the front bottom circle port?? This was the crank nut. Once flipped, it matches the thickness of the doughnut greeblie needed?!! the grooves on the top fit over the filter buttons finger pull (black knob) perfectly. locks in place like it was meant to be.

Last edited:
After seeing pictures like this I'm pretty convinced it's a real part. It's just a matter of finding it. We just need to dig deeper. And yes, this may take some time.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180509/bec954e9cda4a33689cf016a8400fd6c.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

While searching 6 pin din plugs I ran across a specific variety of plug that was similar in shape to the greeblie needed. it's not the exact plug but may steer us into another direction.
Search "Circular MIL Spec Connector" raised circular shape with square plate with 4 holes at each corner, but no inline 6 pin pattern and most have a tall rim/flange and outer recess for the male plug to lock into. Our greeblie is mostly flat and doesn't have a recessed rim so that's throwing me off.

I'll keep looking...s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still not 100%. Maybe I'll take a photograph of the prop with donut added in the same perspective, overlay them in PSD to see if they are the same proportion. I also experimented with removing the black dial completely before adding the greeblie. Doing this, created more space for the "donut" to drop down into the gap and clear the edge of the camera, which you can clearly see is underneath the greeblie.

@cjdesign

I think you found it: you can see the flathead screw thru the hole as well.
View attachment 845808

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back