My 1/24 X-wing adventure WIP

DARTH SABER

Master Member
I got this guy a few weeks ago and spent about a week just cleaning up and sanding tiny details and tidying things up...not the type of stuff worth posting. Lol
Then had to take 2 week detour to make a cosplay costume for my GF. [emoji53] blehhhh

Anyhow Im back on this project and things are starting to come together. [emoji106][emoji106]

8ebf483b889859f71c71cdb54dfc7773.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I built a couple of GR x-wings that now reside in a friends media room. Nice kit. I would recommend making an armature out of 1” square aluminum tube, and JB Weld it to the inside of the fuse.

I built a couple of GR x-wings that now reside in a friends media room. Nice kit. I would recommend making an armature out of 1” square aluminum tube, and JB Weld it to the inside of the fuse.

ill look into it. Thanks![emoji106][emoji106]

Darth, mine had some twisting of the lower fuselage, if I didn’t fix it, it would have been pretty noticeable. I clamped it to the aluminum square tube, and let the JB Weld cure. It’s straight now. Also has the added benefit of giving you a place to drill/tap into for a mount point.

Darth, mine had some twisting of the lower fuselage, if I didn’t fix it, it would have been pretty noticeable. I clamped it to the aluminum square tube, and let the JB Weld cure. It’s straight now. Also has the added benefit of giving you a place to drill/tap into for a mount point.

Thanks!
Already attached the threaded screw for the mount point but the tube will indeed distribute the weight.

Thanks again[emoji106]

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back