Star Wars Comlink - what was the bottom found part?

With further investigation, could it be a tool clip? This one is from the UK which would make sense given production locations:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TOOL-STORAGE-SPRING-TERRY-CLIPS/dp/B0070PSMYO
View attachment 799059
Terry clips (named after the original manufacturer, Herbert Terry, who were also the original manufacturer of the Anglepoise lamp).
Im194704AE-TerrySprings.jpg

They are also available with plastic coating if you are worried about damaging the engine cylinder.
41Api2KlNKL._SX355_.jpg

Looks like the website has closed!

I hope it's just a temporary thing, looks more like a technical issue than a closing of the shop. I just ordered from there a few weeks ago and there was no indication of them shutting down. We'll have to see!

So I emailed them and this is the response.

"Hi Dustin

We have closed the business down.

I have been receiving treatment for an aggressive type of prostate cancer and have been finding that the exhaustion caused by both radiotherapy and hormone therapy is just too much for me to contend with AND run the business. It will be another 18 months before I will be back to normal. The medics caught the cancer in time before it spread to my bones, so I'm told that I will survive, but the treatment is horrible.

Were you looking to buy more cylinders? If so I may be able to help.

Best regards

Malcolm Reade"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for reaching out to them, i'm sorry to hear he's in poor health. That's so nice of him to offer to help regarding cylinders given the circumstances, what a stand up guy. The added stress of a business on top of a major health issue would be really tough to handle, I wish only the best for him!

Hope he gets better, cancer in any form isn’t good.

Guess I will need to figure out where to get a cylinder for the comlink I was planning to do once the new upgraded end piece kits was completed (see previous page).

newmagrathea want to PM me his email?

Last edited by a moderator:
Field Marshal has them (pretty sure he bought up all the remaining stock), and Todd.

The verdict is still out as to what was used on the screen used prop, but until then these will do the job

67-017 White Snap Cap Screw Cover (5 Sets) : SWISCO.com

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I just bought these for my com, and they're way too small. Only 12mm wide:
IMG_20201112_184425359.jpg

I found some 9/16" OD RV screw caps on Amazon that, when paired with a 3/4" washer, should be a lot closer to what people have been using. I'll report if they look right once they're in.

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I just bought these for my com, and they're way too small. Only 12mm wide:
View attachment 1367423

I found some 9/16" OD RV screw caps on Amazon that, when paired with a 3/4" washer, should be a lot closer to what people have been using. I'll report if they look right once they're in.

I used these screw caps on mine (page 2)-- the white cap portion is 16mm OD: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VAPJV6/

That washer diameter sounds just right particularly if you can find a Nylon one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back