Buyer Beware: Another Prop Builder Bites the Dust!

the Pawn

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey I hate to start the new year off with some bad news, but it looks like another Star Trek prop builder may be going under. Mark Worley, who had built my Nomad full scale prop, and I commissioned him on another full scale project when I sent him a follow up email. He was 9 months into the commissioned project but I never saw any progress from him except one time when he sent me a picture of one small piece that may or may not have been related to my project.

He kept asking me to send more money but would never show me the plans or costs incurred up to that point in the project. He accused me of micromanaging him. I began to get weary when it sounded like my project money was really paying his personal bills instead of buying parts for my project, and these parts were a major cost as the project was a life-size replica. I advised him that before I sent him any more money, then I needed to see some sort of progress in my project and I would not continue sending him money on blind faith. I did send him a couple of emails stating I was ready to send him my next payment if he would just show me a picture or pictures of the work he was actually doing and had finished. Nada.

I then received the following Email from him yesterday (I redacted his email so not to give out his personal information) advising me that he was filing bankruptcy, so if anyone has any pending commissions with him or is in the process of sending him money, then don't. He gave me his bankruptcy's attorney's name and number to contact, so it does look like another prop builder mave have bitten the dust (que Queen's Another One Bites the Dust song!). I have included his attorney's number in case any other member needs to contact him.

I've made claims with PayPal to see if I can get any of my $4,000 back from him. And NO I have not received any parts from him nor does he seem to care that he took my money and never did any substantial work my project.

I just checked with the Federal Court Pacer Website and He has not filed bankruptcy as of today. So if he is BSing me, then I will turn him over to the D.A. and Sheriff's office in Phoenix, AZ for felony theft and fraud. [emoji35]

As always buyers beware when dealing with other members and prop builders. This is a real shame because Mark was recommended to me by a well respected friend in the prop world, so just be warned if you are dealing with Mark Worley on a current or future project.

Happy New Year Year to Everyone!

Rick

Email received yesterday from Marc:

Date: December 31, 2015 at 11:53:15 AM CST
To: Rick <rdalton746@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Imperial Probe Droid
Please contact: Bill Ponath (602) 247-8546 concerning this matter.
He is the Bankruptcy Attorney that is handling my case.
All further communication needs to be through him.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So whatever happned with this, did he in fact declare bankruptcy or was he bs'ing you?

With anything the more mainstream a hobby gets the more scammers get involved.
the Pawn so did he file for bankruptcy?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back