Show your custom Lightsabers!

14462950_1788976081391379_7159887125767965296_n.jpg

Slowly building up a box full of parts - I spend my whole day subconsciously scanning everything for potential parts!
Just picked up a lovely 2773 and was going to start with a Holiday Special but after looking at all the amazing customs (SethS) I think I might try my hand at a custom style of my own.

Love the clamp it came with as it looks right at home in the SW universe, will try it with calc bubbles and circuit board.

temporary_zpsalztikee.jpg
temporary_zpsovlwpzkl.jpg
temporary_zpskysa45po.jpg
temporary_zpslepdrqra.jpg

My hilt isn't as nice as many of the ones here... even the others made from PVC pipe. (Some of the turned aluminium hilts are just beautiful!)

But I put a lot of effort into writing microcontroller firmware that could generate the "hum" and "swoosh" sound effects in real time. (Also can be "tuned" on the fly)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-djnJXEMK1s

And with a 43-watt blade, mine is also probably the brightest around, (note the daylight background)

...at least until next week. :)

Slowly building up a box full of parts - I spend my whole day subconsciously scanning everything for potential parts!
Just picked up a lovely 2773 and was going to start with a Holiday Special but after looking at all the amazing customs (SethS) I think I might try my hand at a custom style of my own.

Love the clamp it came with as it looks right at home in the SW universe, will try it with calc bubbles and circuit board.

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z399/G864TST/temporary_zpsalztikee.jpghttp://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z399/G864TST/temporary_zpsovlwpzkl.jpghttp://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z399/G864TST/temporary_zpskysa45po.jpghttp://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z399/G864TST/temporary_zpslepdrqra.jpg

Thank you kindly!

And that clamp you have there is off a King Sol. Go back to the 20-something pages and check out some of @ScottD 's sabers with these clamps. They look really cool. I did a couple myself-- they look great with cards.

Last edited:
That's great. Did you add the electronics? I reall want to do that with mine but I have no Idea where to start or who to buy from. Your saber looks great love the embossing on the body and the blade color

That's great. Did you add the electronics? I reall want to do that with mine but I have no Idea where to start or who to buy from. Your saber looks great love the embossing on the body and the blade color

Thank you sir.
I made it from various bits of spare and scrap aluminium tubing. I did the install myself but that was a bit of a challenge to fit in 8.5" X 1.15" ID. Still, I managed to cram in a Tri Cree rB/R/W, 20mm mini speaker, tactile switch, NB2 and PEX, PLI, 18500 battery and recharge port.

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender_1.jpgFullSizeRender_2.jpgFullSizeRender_3.jpg

Here is my latest build. It is still a work in progress. It is made of aluminum tubes (1 1/2" & 1 5/8"), a modified switch from a Graflite flashgun, a modified Heiland clamp, an old soldering iron tip, a random circuit card and modified ANH grips from the Korbanth Graflex 2.0 kit. I am seriously thinking of installing longer grips though. Still need an end cap. Anyone have a Maglite D cell end cap to sell? I also may paint the emitter shroud, clamp and clamp band black. Honestly the hardest part was drilling and shaping the "vents" near the emitter shroud.

Andrew

View attachment 669586View attachment 669587View attachment 669590View attachment 669592

Here is my latest build. It is still a work in progress. It is made of aluminum tubes (1 1/2" & 1 5/8"), a modified switch from a Graflite flashgun, a modified Heiland clamp, an old soldering iron tip, a random circuit card and modified ANH grips from the Korbanth Graflex 2.0 kit. I am seriously thinking of installing longer grips though. Still need an end cap. Anyone have a Maglite D cell end cap to sell? I also may paint the emitter shroud, clamp and clamp band black. Honestly the hardest part was drilling and shaping the "vents" near the emitter shroud.

Andrew

What did you use to cover up that Heiland clamp screw hold?

Saber of the week? More like Saber of the WEAK!

I'm not happy with how this one turned out. Looking at this unit on the left...

fail1.jpg

...I really liked the square top. It had a very katana/Ahsoka vibe to it. I'd seen this flash online and coveted in for that reason-- but once I got that thing I realized it was a super cheap piece of plastic and was really disappointed.

So I decided to remove the top and rebuild it onto something else. Again, in my head, seeing these parts together, and even faked together on the bench it seemed cool.

But once I was done I just didn't like it. There's too many competing knurling patterns, shapes and tones to make it look unified. It looks too much like a bunch of junk parts cobbled together-- which even in saying that SHOULD be cool... but this one just doesn't do it for me.

fail2.jpg
fail3.jpg
fail4.jpg

I really like the square emitter piece from the Speedgun as well. I think the saber looks pretty good but since you aren't happy with it the only word of condolence I can give is that you can always take it apart and start over. I have done that many times myself.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back