The Time-Turner Page

And it looks like in the movie that the middle ring with the stars on it doesn't turn when it is spinning.
Time-Turner.gif

Nevermind about the time turner having two bead decoration things. It's not a bead decoration it looks like a little bar thing. Haha I don't know how to describe it but you can see it in this picture
time_turner_by_ayuchii03-d4r57dw.jpg

hi guys,interested in this project.
I am able to make some rings from brass,and probably the small attachments too.even making the stars by the hand,using a jeweller saw.
But I would find a credible hourglass for this project and there is nothing available on market….
Correct shape with rounded top and bottom,correct sand color,and,of course,correct size….

Hey is this still a thing? Because I am still interested in having an exact replica of the time turner. parfaitelumiere I will search for an hourglass to use to make the replica if you are still interested in helping create it. Also I found another pic that helps see a different angle of the Time Turner.tumblr_no034st8Um1r9ecpeo1_540.png

I know exactly how the chain works. The is a larger loop on the right side of the time turner so the chain can go through allowing you to adjust the length. At the end of the chain is the bar the stops it from coming though. Another loop attached to the chain is seen in the background of this pic Time.jpg which is there to put the bar through to wear as a necklace. I tried wording it as best as I can, but it's hard to explain. If anyone is still interested, I think we should get together and figure out a way to complete it!

Last edited by a moderator:
This a rather old thread, but I was interested in one of these back then, and I'm still interested if someone comes up with a better replica than that from The Noble Collection...

Here you can see the shape of the front the ends are simply rounded without any depression or weird shape as I have seen on replicas, the sand is probably natural brownish quartz sans as I find in my city (many areas here are digged for sand for industrial purpose)

t 1.jpg

t 3.jpg

Please notify the shape and detail of the back, where they sealed the hourglass

t 5.jpg

If this shape, sie and detail are kept, I will be interested in the project.

Don't know if someone is still checking this page, but I am so here you go!
I left a message on this thread about 4-5 years ago, when I didn't know that I was going to be studying to be a jewellery designer.
I love making props, especially in metal, and I've been wanting to do an exact film-replica of Hermione's time turner for ages.
It's my current project.

I went to the HP studio tour twice, and got very good pictures of the time turner in all angles.
The text is engraved and the prop is made in messing, so basically yellow copper. That allows it to have an older touch, as tough it aged a bit.
You can always clean copper so it's very shiny, it's up to you, really.

But then to come to my actual point: I'm definitely making a version, making all of the parts in metal myself.
The only problem is: the hourglass. I'm going to get some information from a glass blower which is a friend, so I'm hoping she could make it.
But otherwise: any ideas? 3D-printing would be perfect, I can do the drawing myself then, but I don't know a company who does it in a really nice way, but I'll ask my teacher.
Second problem: the engraving. of the rings. As I'm lacking illustrator, photoshop, etc skills, I can't put the EXACT writing of the words on paper.
I know there was a picture of it a few years ago, but it got removed. Can anyone help me to get these words, in lines (not circles) ?

Thanks very much in advance. Literally can't wait to get started on my favorite prop ever.

Oh: can anyone help me to change my avatar. This one is from 5 years ago, so it's time for a change ;)

IMG_6935 kopie.JPG

AnneleenDV, I'm afraid I can't help you with your requests, but I really do look forward to seeing this project prosper! :D I love the Time Turner and if you succeed at making a screen-accurate version it will be huge!

A good closeup of the engraving would help determine if there was a specific font used or if it's something someone handlettered. My education is in photo/graphics so if I could find it I could send you an image you could print out.

Kabeiroi Thanks, I'll be updating as often as I can !
TomVDJ Just starting with this one, but definitely considering doing a run on them if I'm happy with it!
patriciao82173 That would be brilliant! Just looked for some pictures and this is the best I can do!
Looks like they used a different font for the inner and outer circle
Schermafbeelding 2016-01-19 om 17.03.12.pngSchermafbeelding 2016-01-19 om 17.01.50.pngSchermafbeelding 2016-01-19 om 16.59.55.pngSchermafbeelding 2016-01-19 om 16.59.44.png

- - - Updated - - -

Found another one !
IMG_6939 kopie.JPG

Anneleen, didn't noticed it before, but your name sounds very "Dutch". Are you from the Netherlands or Belgium?

Real interesting thread here, it's always been one of my favorites! Although, sonicfreak04 if I recall correctly the color was never mentioned in the books; it was only described as having a gold chain.

Anyways, sorry if this is inappropriate in anyway but I did post my own Time Turner thread a while back and I wonder if it might be useful in giving any of you some ideas...

I'm replicating Hermione's time turner, the screen accurate version as seen in the Prisoner of Azkaban.
I'll be doing every single thing myself, as I'm a jeweler and beginning prop maker, which also means blowing the glass hourglass myself.

The only thing I really really need, to get actually started, is an accurate file of the engraved words on the 2 rings.
I made pictures of my noble collection one, this is the best I can do.
Does anyone have ANY idea which 2 fonts they used or would anyone be able to replicate them into an Adobe illustrator file? OR tell me how I can replicate them myself?

If the time-turner is finished and I'm pleased with it, of course, I'll do a run on them! My 'font-type savior' will of course get a discount ;)
The text goes as follows:

FONT 1: I mark the hours every one nor have I yet outrun the sun

FONT 2: my use and value unto you are gauged by what you have to do

Schermafbeelding 2016-11-05 om 15.27.15.pngSchermafbeelding 2016-11-05 om 15.26.54.png

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back