Salzo V5 X-Wing pattern work

Just checked the Allied site Maxhebus posted and the heat sinks are on sale at the moment for anyone interested.
allied.png

Sneak peek at the next update - you might want to get this Plastruct too, as Dave Jones lined his cockpit with it... I can't 100% verify it was on every hero, but it sure makes a nice transition from tub to inner upper fuselage wall, so I'm using it.

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 7.24.41 PM.png

Also there's a Plastruct tube I am using for sleeving the two stacked heatsinks on the laser cannons, but that'd only be for those making the barrels out of stacked brass. and I don't know if that is what ILM used, so I am hesitant to call it out and then be called a ding dong by those who police studio scale decisions, LOL!

Sneak peek at the next update - you might want to get this Plastruct too, as Dave Jones lined his cockpit with it... I can't 100% verify it was on every hero, but it sure makes a nice transition from tub to inner upper fuselage wall, so I'm using it.

View attachment 787827

Also there's a Plastruct tube I am using for sleeving the two stacked heatsinks on the laser cannons, but that'd only be for those making the barrels out of stacked brass. and I don't know if that is what ILM used, so I am hesitant to call it out and then be called a ding dong by those who police studio scale decisions, LOL!

Thanks Jason! I'm not sure if it's been posted before or not, but where can one obtain Plastruct? Same question for the brass tubing for the barrels and what sizes(s). Will the resin barrels stay straight over time or will they sag? Just trying to figure out if I should just buy the brass ones or not. Thanks for all your help!

Todd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Also sent Mike/mslz22 a pm for a Red 5 and looking to get in on the next round of orders, whenever that may be. Super excited about this new kit, great work!

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone receive an armature from Mike Reader yet?
I contacted him about a week ago. I am in the queue for 4 of the short armatures. I did not keep his response but I believe he said he will be starting the next batch since last year soon.

I am in for 2 long armatures. Have to finish my Y-wing to primer before I even think about working on Red1 or Red2, but was wondering on the status. I’d like to see some build threads on this bird popping up soon.

So what's the consensus on base paint for these birds, Tamiya Insignia white?

I'm doing my DeAgostini Millennium Falcon Tamiya Insignia white and I want my X-Wings to stand apart so I will probably use Flat White with some Sky Grey to darken it just a bit. They are going to be heavily weathered so I am not really concerned if the base is studio exact.

Now to go dig out my armature stash (and order a few more)... Red1, Red3, and Red5 came today... AND Mike got two of those DS Towers to fit in the box, too. His packing skills are impressive... most impressive... (as always). Can't wait to lay them all out and make a game-plan once the other two in the set arrive.

Attachments

• MMM_SS X-Wing v5 (Unboxed R1-R3-R5) 00.jpg
    MMM_SS X-Wing v5 (Unboxed R1-R3-R5) 00.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 323

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back