The Next Black Series Helmet?

Flanman

So we’ve gotten Kylo Ren, a Stormtrooper, Poe (still need that one) and Darth Vader. What do you guys think will be next or what would you like to see from this line? A Boba Fett is a given but I’d like to see a Luke X Wing helmet, Clone trooper and I know it’s not really a helmet but a C-3PO head.

I don't think the Poe helmet sold too well. It seems that a lot of supply was left on the shelves of retailers, and was marked down for sale. So I doubt they'd go for another X-wing helmet so soon. My bet is either a Boba fett or a First Order Stormtrooper. A Melted Vader helmet will always be on my wishlist though. Looks like Hasbro was able to scan the actual prop from the SDCC Kylo Ren exclusive released in 2016

There’s a bunch I would like to see, Boba Fett especially, but I think Luke’s X-Wing will sell much better than Poe’s. I’d also like to see a Biker Scout, Boush, Rebel Trooper, etc.

Luke's X-wing helmet would be a good one. I worry a Boba Fett won't be much better than the old electronic helmet Hasbro made. I'd like to see an Imperial TIE fighter.

The weathering on Boba would be horrible on a chinese mass level. It would be much better to get the Target lid and repaint.

- - - Updated - - -

Please not Boba Fett. Last thing we need is another crappy helmet being praised as close to the real thing.

I totally get what youre saying. So many people on youtube praise the Vader as the best damn helmet out there and then saying I dont need no other helmet.

For a mass produced helmet I thought Hasbro did a pretty good job on the paint apps for the Poe helmet, I think they could do a decent looking Fett as long as the helmet dimensions were good.

I realize that the Vader helmet is not super accurate. But for the $100.00 I think it’s pretty fantastic. It’s everything I’ve wanted in a darth Vader helmet since I was 7 years old. Honestly I think I’m happier with it than I would be the EFX pcr or Anovos. Much cheaper, sound effects, lots of detail/ reveal, good size and it looks like Vader. It’s just a more entry level of collectible than the others.

Kinda surprised they're doing a Battlefront Shock Trooper and selling it for $99. It's just a painted Stormtrooper helmet that doesn't have nearly half the features of the Vader helmet. Why the increase in price?? It can't just be for the paint job.

As far as I know, the Boba Fett helmet from EFX has never been released? The only official that exists is the one from Master Replicas. Correct me if i'm wrong :)

Kinda surprised they're doing a Battlefront Shock Trooper and selling it for $99. It's just a painted Stormtrooper helmet that doesn't have nearly half the features of the Vader helmet. Why the increase in price?? It can't just be for the paint job.

I think part of it is that since it is an exclusive, the production run is smaller which usually means the cost of manufacturing tend to result in a higher cost per item. Along with the fact that since it is an exclusive, they are the only game(stop) in town. ;) See what I did there?

I was hoping someone would offer some resistance pilot exclusives of other paint schemes. However due to what seems like poor sales, I guess no one is jumping to at that.

A Melted Vader helmet will always be on my wishlist though.

I pretty confident that you'er not going to get any Star Wars item from Hasbro. that is just a prop. I think they have to work around the existing Star Wars licenses that they have and don't have. I think currently, the items they have to make have to classify as a toy, even if that toy is aimed at adult collectors. I think that is why all these helmets have some sort of electronic sounds build in. I would also assume that such licensing limitations does not apply to their Marvel line which is why they can things like the shield.

I think the only way you'd get a melting mask from Hasbro is if they can add some sort of functionality. Like making it into a bluetooth speaker... repeat movie phrases... answers your yes/ no questions like an electronic version of a magic 8 ball... something like that. I sort of think that is what Wand Company does... I mean who is really using a phaser as a TV remote?

I realize that the Vader helmet is not super accurate. But for the $100.00 I think it’s pretty fantastic. It’s everything I’ve wanted in a darth Vader helmet since I was 7 years old. Honestly I think I’m happier with it than I would be the EFX pcr or Anovos. Much cheaper, sound effects, lots of detail/ reveal, good size and it looks like Vader. It’s just a more entry level of collectible than the others.
I totally agree, I know its not accurate, but that is the helmet I would have punched my granny for when I was a kid! And at a glance, particularly with a few mods and paint, it's as good as.

That said, what worries me with a Fett is the visor and dimensions. Fett toy mask always have a crap visor, either way to wide or narrow and nearly always over tall like it's stretched or a bit squat. It's immediately visible.
But, I don't have to buy it, so it would be nice to see one and have the choice to leave it.

Was the EFX Boba Fett helmet handpainted?I think the weathering looks very spot on.

Yes, by Fett 4 Real over at the Dented Helmet.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I know, the Boba Fett helmet from EFX has never been released? The only official that exists is the one from Master Replicas. Correct me if i'm wrong :)

"High End"? Yes. Don Post did released one years ago that was also fiberglass. The MR helmet was not the hero but the PP3 which looks ALMOST like the ESB Hero. The eFX is the hero helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, by @Fett 4 Real over at the Dented Helmet.

- - - Updated - - -

"High End"? Yes. Don Post did released one years ago that was also fiberglass. The MR helmet was not the hero but the PP3 which looks ALMOST like the ESB Hero. The eFX is the hero helmet.

No it was a mistake...I was talking about the paintjob of the MR Fett helmet.I think it looks very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back