Kill Bill Bride's sword

@d_jedi1 I understand better now!
None of the actual japanese sellers had the parts 2 years ago and I found same seller as you, but Swordstore didn't want to sell to me, because it was not a lot of money I remember.
I contacted him for the fuchi hashira and tsuba , tsuba was expensive and I found the same in Japan for 50$, so I requested only for fuchi and kashira and he declined.
If you contact him, just tell exactly about what you want and no more, if you can get 2 sets, I can buy the other from you, very interested.
@Kroenen77
I suggest to to sell this one and buy the wickedreplica one, and some upgrading parts (tsuba, seppa)
It may also be possible to keep the folded steel blade if good enough and could fit the wickedreplica hilt, but I think it's easier to just get the wicked one.

Kroenen77
I can't see everything clearly but probably most of the fittings.
There is a gold mylar that runs the length of the saya.
The sageo needs to be replaced with a better sageo... wakizashi length.
The lower carving on the saya is inaccurate, should be a stylized lioness.
There should be a reinforcing band or something around the koiguchi.
Should be a gold (brass?) band lower down the saya.. about 2/3 down.
Saya should have a metal kojiri in the same style as the fuchi/kashira (momiji? maple leaf)
Menuki should be Kongosho. (Stylized vajra)
Almost certainly the tsuba..
I concur.
At that point, you're almost better buying the licensed replica (that actually has a decent blade and aside from the tsuba, the correct fittings)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah thanks...to have this sword with a folded steelblade would be great.
I must ask the company with the licensed sword if they ship to germany and how much it is.
Has somebody ordered from them in the past?I´ve never heared from this company.

if you want I can see if possible to swap the blades if you order the wickedreplica sword, and even, check to replace the wrong parts for more accurate.
It would add a extra cost, but at the end the result would be good.

wow - that wicked replica one is closer than any other commercial one I've seen...

And then they fall down on things that they could have nailed.

- tsuba design is off
- habaki is off
- seppa are off
- sageo is wrong color, and they couldn't bother to tie the knot?
- menuki look off, but hard to see from the pictures
- the kashira shidodome are off - looks like they used kurigata ****odome (insert nerd laugh here)
- the leaf on the kojiri should be painted over
- the fittings look VERY shiny
- handle wrap is non-alternating - pretty common on production line Chinese-made katana.
- two mekugi instead of one mekugi - again, common on production Chinese-made katana.

On the good side,

- the lioness is very close!
- the brass ring around the saya is there!
- the reinforcing ring around the koigouchi is there!
- the fuchi is very close!
- the foo dog etching is better done!
- the acid-etched hamon looks suprisingly good
- leather wrapped handle!

Funny how they can go through 80% of what's needed to make a really nice replica, and then just bail...

Overall, much closer though.

Oh, by the way, I've got one set of the Brides Fuchi/Kashira cast in bronze available, as well as one Hanzo tsuba (from the run I did a few years back). PM me if you're interested.

Thanks,
jason

Last edited:
After some flooding, I come back to the original reason of the thread, my work on kill bill sword.
Here is the modified iaito tsuba, exactly same as the original prop, but I removed paint, ugly rough finish, I hammered it a bit and more important, adjusted to the blade, final black in fire and oil, starting to look like something decent now.

IMG19.PNG

But as I have a second blade and sheat and I wanted to make a tsuba I finally made one entirely by hand, and the modified one will go on other sword.
Now it looks like a real thing!

IMG_6119.PNGIMG_619.PNG

Amazing work sir! I'm just starting on my Bill and Bride swords. What length Tsuka did you go with? Did you use an air engraver for the Foo Dog?
IMG_2283.jpg

engraving by hand, and hand polishing.It seems you were lucky enough to find original japanese fuchi and kashira, will be a bit easier, my casts were very awful.
Making a bill sword could be interesting for the future.

Last edited:
I found this on ebay some months ago, original iaito ferrules, discontinued for decade maybe.
Finally, the relief is as poor as it was on the replicas I bought before I reworked them.
I made molds of my ferrules once fully newly engraved, I have to find a way to make casts.
118651702_595639871050981_1434149577433231085_n.jpg

I received the parts from Jblackey from the forum.
These are black painted bronze, cast from original iaito parts, same as the ones on original prop.
Sadly there are some flaws, some from the original iaito part and probably some from casting.
I made a special "nanako" pinch to make the pattern on missing areas.
I removed flaws, added some pattern, and make better finish than original leaf engraving.

View attachment 592436

View attachment 592437

Same problem on the menuki, original iaito parts, but roughly finished and the gold plating is just yellow warnish:

View attachment 592438

I polished it entirely, removed defects and restorated missing engravings (not pictured today, will do a comparation shot tomorrow)
Then I will do same on kashira, and other menuki, oce all we be completed, the next step will be gold dissolution in aqua regia, and selective gold plating.
I also received the shi*odome, but it's impossible to find the righ ones, so I will make them by traditionnal way: a copper tube and 3 brass foils with special engraving and finish.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back