The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Ordered these from the Disney store last week, I'll post a side by side review of these with the nerf versions once they arrive. Getting two blasters for $25 may turn out to be a sweet deal.

https://www.disneystore.com/play-se...5000!&ef_id=V4P4yQAABVHVTvfw:20170228192750:s
6106037921990-2.jpg

I usually run in between small and medium, so I feel you there! I'll let you know about the fit. Jacket should be here sometime tomorrow. That darker colour looks great on there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My problem is being a large-short in sizes. Everything tends to be too-long, even when it fits right every other way. And with the Star-Lord vol1 short coat you want the bottom to be just above the blasters, not draped over them. I had to get a custom-sized coat to make that happen.

Those blasters are technically large enough for an adult hand, and the ones in the new movie do appear to be smaller than the first movie, but those measurements are pretty dang small. I look forward to seeing pics of you guys holding them.

Anyone happen to have a photo or file that has the triangular pattern for the Vol. 1 jacket? I'm trying to make a stencil to add the detail to my jacket.

Ok.. So synthetic fabric dye is the way to go? :)

That won't do anything to pleather as dye requires absorption to achieve anything. You're going to need a paint. Angelus works well, as would any fabric paint you'd find in a JoAnn Fabrics. If you're trying to age or darken, I'd get a dark brown or black and water it down, rub it in and wipe off excess.

Anyone happen to have a photo or file that has the triangular pattern for the Vol. 1 jacket? I'm trying to make a stencil to add the detail to my jacket.

I should have one. Send me a PM. I'll see if I can find it.

I was actually more curious about what people are using to make it.

Leather...

There are shapes behind it that the leather is either pressed or sewn into...

It's not an option for everyone, but alcohol based ink in an airbrush sticks to pretty much anything, so darkening things with that works well. But it does require owning an airbrush.

That won't do anything to pleather as dye requires absorption to achieve anything. You're going to need a paint. Angelus works well, as would any fabric paint you'd find in a JoAnn Fabrics. If you're trying to age or darken, I'd get a dark brown or black and water it down, rub it in and wipe off excess.

I should have one. Send me a PM. I'll see if I can find it.

Leather...

There are shapes behind it that the leather is either pressed or sewn into...
alrighty thanks!
-STARL0RD

97234274106d1f54abb7b4ffe0bbd675.jpg

Here's a quick shot of me wearing my Vol 2 jacket from www.black-leatherjackets.com! I opted for the real leather versus the faux in a size small. I'm usually awkwardly in between a small/medium, but this jacket fits me well (way better than my Vol 1 jacket).

The leather has a really nice patina to it and is very soft. Much closer to the colour you see on-screen. Interestingly, it seems it's closer to that new listing OliverQueen posted above from a different company...

Despite some minor discrepancies that prevent it from being totally SA, I am very pleased! I'll post a few more pics tomorrow, including some with my other 2 Star-Lord jackets from Vol 1 for comparison.

Last edited:
Hey! I have one on order right now, leather, that is currently in the works! Once I get it I'll post photo's here, and let you know!

~Scotty

Oh cool! Ironically I got a bit inpatient and ordered a real leather one for black-leatherjacket.com that day. I hope my turn-around time is like the others, but we're heading up on 5 days and it's still listed as "processing" so I doubt I'll get it in 2 days.

Where did you order yours from?

Those blasters are technically large enough for an adult hand, and the ones in the new movie do appear to be smaller than the first movie, but those measurements are pretty dang small. I look forward to seeing pics of you guys holding them.

I read that they made sets of blasters that were smaller (thinner I think they said) for Vol 2 so that they wouldn't be as bulky while holstered. Can't remember where though...

So I'm working on a new fun idea, seeing that everyone seems to love carrying around Baby Groot on their shoulder, I've been working for a couple of weeks on a very nice Baby Groot shoulder figure! I've been working on how to keep him seated, I'll print it once it's done and I'll play around with different ideas for him sitting down with magnets, let me know if you like the idea!

Second pic is next to one of the models that I've seen around for toys for comparison.

2f810967bcfbdbfa5e993f7c12b8e204.jpg

786f1582b70bec133e4be6fb42a39d07.jpg

So I'm working on a new fun idea, seeing that everyone seems to love carrying around Baby Groot on their shoulder, I've been working for a couple of weeks on a very nice Baby Groot shoulder figure! I've been working on how to keep him seated, I'll print it once it's done and I'll play around with different ideas for him sitting down with magnets, let me know if you like the idea!

Second pic is next to one of the models that I've seen around for toys for comparison.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170309/2f810967bcfbdbfa5e993f7c12b8e204.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170309/786f1582b70bec133e4be6fb42a39d07.jpg

Totally dig it, brotha! I was gonna look into doing this at some point too, as the wife and I have plans for a new baby/toddler Groot Sculpt.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back