Jared Leto Joker

Hey, thought this might be of interest.

13493047_10207459418148057_1756776787_n.jpg

Looks like a standard deck with custom backs, joker, and box.

Heck, if we can get some better reference, I might do a run of these ;).

So this isn't surprising, due to the fact that the early nickname for Jared's Joker was the Hot Topic Joker, but Hot Topic is getting ready to release a new line of Suicide Squad clothing, and in it is the croc skin coat and the boxing shorts. The coat is actually the only one besides Magnoli's that has an accurate pattern! It has the back button belt on it with the scale pattern. The only thing it seems to not have right is the lining (which nobody has yet due to lack of reference. The boxing shorts look decent too. They aren't as shiny as I'd like them to be, but they'd do the job until we have a better source.

Jacket: https://www.hottopic.com/product/dc.../10643174.html#q=suicide+squad+joker&start=48

Shorts: https://www.hottopic.com/product/dc.../10642782.html#q=suicide+squad+joker&start=47

Would you like to enlighten the rest of the group with your sources? I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to replicate this cane. We are all about sharing here ha
No i would not. i have sourced many items in the past from BVS and got no credit whatsoever so now im keeping things too myself, im sorry you will haft to do the research yourself.
Im only showing my findings from now on.

No i would not. i have sourced many items in the past from BVS and got no credit whatsoever so now im keeping things too myself, im sorry you will haft to do the research yourself.
Im only showing my findings from now on.
Hahahaha...you're kidding right? Lots of people source lots of things and barely anyone goes around saying "Oh i got this item from this movie and so-and-so figured out what it was!" I have been doing research, but I know nothing about canes, so it's kind of hard to find something like that without talking to people who either know what it is or know about the item. If you want to showcase, then start up an album. These threads are for helping each other make the best costumes we can. It's part of the community aspect of this forum. When The Amazing SM commented his picture asking if it was the same cane, you could say, "Yeah! You have to paint on the purple." or "No, it comes prepainted/that's not the same design/here's what you should search for." Don't be childlike and hoard your info because you had a bad apple once or twice.

Seeing as this forum was created for the reason of helping others find props and to help others, I think that is the antithesis of the attitude you should have. For the Cane search "Brass Derby Handle Cane" on eBay and there are a few options. I bought one for $41 which I think isn't bad.
Fantastic! Thanks to that, I also found a website that deals just the handles and other pieces for canes.

http://www.walkingcaneco.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=5920H

They're currently out of stock, but it says they should have more come mid July.

Hahahaha...you're kidding right? Lots of people source lots of things and barely anyone goes around saying "Oh i got this item from this movie and so-and-so figured out what it was!" I have been doing research, but I know nothing about canes, so it's kind of hard to find something like that without talking to people who either know what it is or know about the item. If you want to showcase, then start up an album. These threads are for helping each other make the best costumes we can. It's part of the community aspect of this forum. When The Amazing SM commented his picture asking if it was the same cane, you could say, "Yeah! You have to paint on the purple." or "No, it comes prepainted/that's not the same design/here's what you should search for." Don't be childlike and hoard your info because you had a bad apple once or twice.

Someone here gets it. Isn't that the whole point of this thread?? Pfft lol

I was actually speaking specifically too you, i didn't like the way you worded your reply "Would you like to enlighten the rest of the group with your sources?" speaking too me like a child instead you should of said good work where can i get one etc and no one else has asked me or even commented or liked so..... the cane isn't the only thing i have sourced BTW there are many things i have found they just haven't been brought yet.

I was actually speaking specifically too you, i didn't like the way you worded your reply "Would you like to enlighten the rest of the group with your sources?" speaking too me like a child instead you should of said good work where can i get one etc and no one else has asked me or even commented or liked so..... the cane isn't the only thing i have sourced BTW there are many things i have found they just haven't been brought yet.
Ummm the first thing I said to you was "Where can I find this? I want one!" I even quoted your original post. I loved your work and wanted to replicate the same prop. The second reply wasn't talking to you like a child. I was bothered that you hadn't replied to anyone about the cane as we were looking to gain one as well. But I just addressed you formally instead of saying "dude can you tell me where to find one?" I wasn't being condescending. I honestly just want us all to work together so we can make the best Joker that we can instead of one person holding out the details. Don't get hung up on the way something is worded. It's all text. You read it in a different tone than I originally intended.

Alright dudes, we are all here for the same thing. It sounds like a misunderstanding so let's just move on from this and get back to the topic at hand.

What do you guys think about the HotTopic jacket?

image.jpeg

Maybe wait till they hit ebay then shipping is normally cheaper on there :) have no desire to cosplay the new joker just love the HAHA jacket

Sent From The Batcave

Yeah i kinda like it too, the original used in the movie is by saint Laurent Paris SNT20788_1_enlarged.jpgbut the haha is very cool.

Alright dudes, we are all here for the same thing. It sounds like a misunderstanding so let's just move on from this and get back to the topic at hand.

What do you guys think about the HotTopic jacket?

View attachment 640457
Actually looks pretty good close up, the actual colour on the real jacket is very strange more like a metallic rather than purple leather.
maybe use this as a base coat then add silver to each individual section coated with purple.... i dont know just something iv been thinking of.

- - - Updated - - -

Cl_6s3UWEAE72cY.jpgsaint-laurent-gold-black-metallic-flecked-wool-blend-tuxedo-jacket-product-1-23061017-0-7147274.jpeg

Yeah I agree the Hot Topic coat needs a sheen to it, but I think the pattern looks pretty good! It's the only one with the back half belt besides Magnoli's (which is beautiful).

And YES! I've been looking for that metallic dark grey coat haha.

We all cool brucebatman? :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back