(More) Ghostbusters (2016) props on display

I'm quite curious as to what the gun(s) will be used for. And I actually like the new PKE meter. That last one, is it a flood light? A ghost vacuum cleaner?

Waiting to see how long it takes some idiot to call the police when they see a person in costume wearing the "ghost grenades" thinking it's a suicide bomber...hell even walking around with the new pack, looks like a it could be a bomb.

- Jeff

I'm kind of loving the new PKE meter.

equipment-4.jpg

equipment-1.jpg

equipment-2.jpg

schematics-1.jpg

schematics-3.jpg

wow this is the first time I have seen the trap... I wonder how big it is?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a cool behind-the-scenes video with their science consultant explaining why they've moved to a "synchrotron" over the previous "cyclotron" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to ID some of the stuff on the PKE Meter...

Well I just spent an hour scouring ebay and google, couldnt find the mini remote OR the main body. It DOES have elements of more modern cameras, and the general layout is that of a camera, with the turn controls on the top and viewport on the back. but I think we really need to see the opposite side to ID it. I just cant find anything with the same layout. The buttons are definitely for a camera, those are camera menu options, but Im thinking that part was added in separately, if it was a real camera, they would be aligned with the bottom of the camera, right now they are technically turned on the side.

b7f9acff58b366685af00c34e6d250e2.jpg

As for the handle, I'm almost positive its some sort of Nerf or Super Soaker gun handle, they all have that little notch in the bottom. Even some knock-off versions have that element.

the-10-best-nerf-guns-you-can-buy-on-amazon-prime-right-now.jpg

However, I'm kind of getting the feeling that because im finding a lot of stuff thats similar but not exact, that they may have just 3d printed the damn thing and made it LOOK like its made of other stuff.

The directional pad on the upper part of the PKE grip resembles the d-pad from the various Playstation Dualshock controllers, but none of them had a domed base on this part. Unless it's from a 3rd party controller that may be modeled from scratch using the Dualshock as inspiration (this being a Sony picture, after all).

Trying to ID some of the stuff on the PKE Meter...

Well I just spent an hour scouring ebay and google, couldnt find the mini remote OR the main body. It DOES have elements of more modern cameras, and the general layout is that of a camera, with the turn controls on the top and viewport on the back. but I think we really need to see the opposite side to ID it. I just cant find anything with the same layout. The buttons are definitely for a camera, those are camera menu options, but Im thinking that part was added in separately, if it was a real camera, they would be aligned with the bottom of the camera, right now they are technically turned on the side.

View attachment 599518

As for the handle, I'm almost positive its some sort of Nerf or Super Soaker gun handle, they all have that little notch in the bottom. Even some knock-off versions have that element.

View attachment 599519

However, I'm kind of getting the feeling that because im finding a lot of stuff thats similar but not exact, that they may have just 3d printed the damn thing and made it LOOK like its made of other stuff.

Not a huge fan of the meter but for some reason I kinda dig the trap. Though to be honest I can get on board with the 'made from actual stuff' aspect they seem to be going with. I can't help but think there will be a construction montage ala the A-Team at some point. I have my reservations and feeling toward this film but in the end, I love me my Ghostbusters and good or bad I'll support this film and all the work that went in to it in hopes of seeing more down the road.

The Settings buttons look just like the style on my old Olympus camera. Hopefully that narrows the search a little bit. It looks like they rotated them for the new orientation. The four button looks like it wasn't originally there. The low profile knobs themselves remind me of some on a fancy TV remote from the early 90s, late 80s. The tiny remote looks much newer styled maybe from a cheap camcorder of the last decade.

attachment.php

the button on the left side of the handle with the 4 way direction looks to me like a automotive key fob. guys will use this fob to turn ground effect lights on or off. pop doors with shaved handles, along with hoods and trunks. you may want to search for multi function key fob, or door pop key fob

I thought about that but in the poster pic you can see it says "set" and "rec" on the remote. Not sure why they'd fake that if they did.

image.jpeg

eeerrrr idk, they could have simply painted that on. I'm willing to bet it's a door popper fob or a hydraulic popper fob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The grip looks very much like an old style 35mm or Super 8 camera pistol grip, complete with shutter release cable. Rolleiflex grips are very similar. That said, I'm guessing this stuff is all printed to resemble old kit.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back