Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Saw a movie were someone picked up a kitchen knife from the counter and it made that sound. It's beyond ridiculous.

My pizza cutter makes that sound if I pick it up quickly. I feel like a samurai every time. But yeah, I've never heard a regular knife do it.

Police detectives who wear either fancy and probably expensive clothes (often with stiletto heels in the case of women) or some sort of hip looking casual clothes. On top of that, these detectives often work in very sleek and very modern look police stations, not at all what real police stations probably look like inside.

The two worst offenders of this trope are Castle and Lucifer; Detective Beckett, while living in at tiny apartment always seemed to be wearing designer clothes that I highly doubt a police detective could afford and/or would wear as work clothes, and then there's Det. Esposito with his hip urban clothes. In the case of Lucifer, Detective Decker dresses a bit casually for what I'd imagine how a real LAPD detective would dress and the precinct office is pretty slick looking, very ultra modern, like something out of a Google or Apple office.

Yes, but it’s situations where the knife isn’t actually coming in to contact with anything! Someone literally holds up a knife and ‘kerching’!
:lol I always find it hilarious when movies do that cliched *TING* whenever a knife is picked up... or anything shiny and metallic for that matter.

spare car keys hidden in a sun visor
I'll admit my father is severely guilty of doing that, even though I always thought it was a horrible idea.

Police detectives who wear either fancy and probably expensive clothes (often with stiletto heels in the case of women) or some sort of hip looking casual clothes. On top of that, these detectives often work in very sleek and very modern look police stations, not at all what real police stations probably look like inside.

The two worst offenders of this trope are Castle and Lucifer; Detective Beckett, while living in at tiny apartment always seemed to be wearing designer clothes that I highly doubt a police detective could afford and/or would wear as work clothes, and then there's Det. Esposito with his hip urban clothes. In the case of Lucifer, Detective Decker dresses a bit casually for what I'd imagine how a real LAPD detective would dress and the precinct office is pretty slick looking, very ultra modern, like something out of a Google or Apple office.
Don't forget Beckett's apartment that had to be obscenely expensive. As for clothing, it seems like a lot of real non-uniform police wear polo shirts with the city and/or police department logo on them. I assume once they make it to a certain rank then they switch over to suits. Maybe in the big city detectives wear suits.

Don't forget Beckett's apartment that had to be obscenely expensive. As for clothing, it seems like a lot of real non-uniform police wear polo shirts with the city and/or police department logo on them. I assume once they make it to a certain rank then they switch over to suits. Maybe in the big city detectives wear suits.

It's always been my understanding that at the detective level the standard police uniform becomes a suit, but I'm not, nor have I ever been a cop. But I'm fairly certain that police detectives don't wear fancy designer brand outfits like characters like Beckett do, nor casual but stylish (and probably pricey) like Espo and Decker from Lucifer do. I've always felt that they do a good job on Elementary with the Captain and the main detective that works with Sherlock and Holmes more in line with what I expect police detectives to dress like and the precinct looking morel ike a real police station, even if it does look a little on the old and run down side.

While this hasn't been too overused yet I'm beginning to get tired of seeing scenes where we see mounted warriors jump on to the saddle of their horses and riding into battle like that. While I admit it's a neat trick, I doubt that it's anything more than just that, a neat trick. I'd be surprised if there was any documented occurrence of a mounted warrior culture every performing that trick while riding into battle. Maybe it's just me but I don't see what that's supposed to do except to put you off balance and just simply show off.

He's still making movies? Who knew? The last thing I saw him in was the Ghost Rider sequel, and that was almost six years ago.

He's done a lot of recent low-budget, straight to DVD type stuff. Basically stuff that will help him pay off his massive debt fall that he got himself into. Many have similar premises to bigger budget films he's done before. Most are about the quality you'd expect. It's like being forced to get a job at McD's. If you're doing it because you HAVE to and not because you WANT to, you probably aren't putting your all into it. Though with Nic Cage's over the top style, maybe it's better he doesn't?

...If you're doing it because you HAVE to and not because you WANT to, you probably aren't putting your all into it. Though with Nic Cage's over the top style, maybe it's better he doesn't?
I think the last time he actually tried to act was Leaving Las Vegas in 1995. Everything after that has been either obnoxiously over the top, or completely phoned in.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back