Rey's Saber contest winner announced

First of all, major props to roygilsing for a very well executed Rey hilt! It was a well-deserved win!

Also, thank you for the votes for entries "H" and "Q". My wife (MrsFiveliter8) designed "H" and I designed "Q". It looks like we both got the same number of votes, so that worked out perfect! Both our concepts wanted to use something we know Rey would have possibly had in her possession that would have been seen in TFA or TLJ, and the best we could come up with was the compressor device that she removed when the Falcon was having hyperdrive stability issues. During that scene, there is one frame where you can make out what the prop was made from. It's not a very clear shot, so I made some parts and purchased some parts to come up with the compressor.

View attachment 801828View attachment 801829

We both utilized certain parts of this part to build our hilts. All in all, it was awesome to see all of the awesome builds here. Great job everyone, and thanks to the forum members who voted and especially to those who left critiques on each one!(y)cheers We will be posting our build progress for both hilts as well as the "bypahssed compressah". :D

You guys sent me on an eBay scav run for custom parts!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back