Crysis 3 Nanosuit

monstermask

Hi guys
I need your help with my project. I am making costumes (3d printed, eva foam, paper-bondo) but first time will put my hands on latex and predator style costume (I mean materials ) .
I am making Nanosuit from Crysis and thinkgin about making it from the same materials like Predator costume.
My plan is :
1) make 3d model
2) scale it to body size
3)3d print full costume
4) make silicone molds of the parts
5) make latex copy
Now I have few question about 4 and 5 points.
Is it better to make parts with joints so part is going in other with some extra piece? So when I will make latex part will be going a little bit in side of other - arm into torso part(small overlap) .
I do not know anything about using latex so not sure about making copy using molds. Usually I use cast resin to make pieces.
What types of paint need to use for elastic costume? I have Airbrush 0.5 nozzle. .

I will be grateful for any help from you . Even if you will just guide me with the link for other topic about my problems.

kask1.jpgkask2.jpgkask4.jpg

Very skilled. Thanks for that info. There are some Pepakura files of the nanosuit floating around which may be helpful.

Small update.
Helmet is 10% bigger then scale of the body. So I decided to make longer neck and keep 100% size of the body and use 10% bigger helmet. Other way will be to hard to connect helmet(with the neck) with the body when neck is bigger then rest of the body. Also not sure about this type of connection when latex will be elastic .
Now I am making two part mold . Still have few point where I can work more but will be easier to sand and work with bondo on piece from one material then working on PLA mixed with bondo.
IMG_20181020_163153.jpgIMG_20181020_163146.jpgIMG_20181020_163142.jpg44433688_337122327053337_8832299218556157952_n.png

Ouch, good luck. I also wanted to cast a human-sized model once (HK-47) but gave up. One of the reasons was the amount of silicone necessary to make good molds.
I like the head model though! Looks like you forgot to remove some supports ;)

Ouch, good luck. I also wanted to cast a human-sized model once (HK-47) but gave up. One of the reasons was the amount of silicone necessary to make good molds.
I like the head model though! Looks like you forgot to remove some supports ;)
I am ready to buy silicone like 50-100kg to make this. Only what is problem for me is how to make strong shell for this :p
If you are talking about front of the helmet is not support . It is very small detail and I decided to not paint it and cover to not loose tiny gaps between

I am ready to buy silicone like 50-100kg to make this. Only what is problem for me is how to make strong shell for this :p
If you are talking about front of the helmet is not support . It is very small detail and I decided to not paint it and cover to not loose tiny gaps between

Sorry, later pictures haven't loaded yesterday for some reason, I was referring to the original pics from 3 weeks ago :(
And that's some serious amount of silicone. What kind of discount would you get for getting so much at once?
I'm also sure that some resin together with fiberglass will make a proper shell that will last a long time.

Sorry, later pictures haven't loaded yesterday for some reason, I was referring to the original pics from 3 weeks ago :(
And that's some serious amount of silicone. What kind of discount would you get for getting so much at once?
I'm also sure that some resin together with fiberglass will make a proper shell that will last a long time.
The discount is tricky here in UK. I have 3 big shops with materials for this job. One is the shop where I am buying for long time but they have this stupid point for every £ you spend (you need hundreds point to have just few £ discount ) . Second shop is selling Smooth-On materials but they are expensive and they have more silicone, rubber then I can count :p For sure they are very good but I do not need pro silicone . In the first shop for 5 kg silicone I pay 80£ when in second shop they pointing me to silicone for 124£ for 5 kg.
In last shop they do not have time to answer my email ha ha :p
I know about fiberglass shell but I am doing this in side the house and this is a problem with smell of resin.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back