Best "Indy" hat on a budget?

Another shout out to Jon Penman of Penman hats. One of the nicest people I've met. Plus, a brilliant artist.

He made me a Raiders hat but I wanted one in green. I didn't want people humming the Raiders march when I walked around. Although, it's almost time to order another in the right color.

To anyone thinking about a hat, reach out to Jon. You can get one for less money but for the quality and feel of a bespoke hat, no one can touch Penman hats.

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 6.23.09 PM.png

They haven't been mentioned here yet, but personally I recommend Steele & Jones. I own two of their hats and couldn't be happier with them. They go up to $220, but that's a bargain considering what they offer is the absolute closest you can get to the films without investing on an original Herbert Johnson or Steve Delk hat. They will even tweak the hat to give you the desired look based on specific scenes from each movie, including the much sought-after Cairo streets sequence from Raiders.

Plus, recently they've also been working on a jacket replica using the original sheepskin from Raiders in an attempt to offer a cheaper alternative to Wested, so you can hit two birds with one stone by going with them.

Liberance you kinda gave me the final push. I decide to go w/ Steele & Jones for my Indy leather jacket.

looking at everyone who sells the jacket, they have the best looking one IMO. Because I’m on the skinny and tall side of body shapes I had to go the made-to-measure route. They’re jackets are epic and in my price range.

the gentleman was extremely accommodating and helps you w/ payment plans if need be. They do require a depot but I’m cool w/ that because I’m getting this jacket, for sure.

needless to say, I’m excited for this one:)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back