Babylon 5 PPG

Helix6187

Hello all !

First please accept my apologies english is not my homegrown language so you will found mistakes and bad phrasing sometimes :$.

I have searched for a metal PPG, and it seems that none is available (except in the MIM shop at a very disturbing price), a run was made here some years ago but it seems that the man behind this don't want to commit it again.

So I've finally decided to try my hand at making my own. This is currently where I am in the modeling process (don't mind the red circle, it's the screw placement) :

It's not screen accurate, I've got the size mostly right by comparing with a pics found here with most of the dimension and pics of the hero prop. I still have some littles things to model on it before I can call it done. I'm still on the hunt for a set of Pachmayr grip too.

My question is, do someone happen to have the right size and right kind of screws used on the PPG ?
My google-fu give me no answer.

Thanks.

I’m sure a few here will come to the rescue.

I don’t know what they were but they were funky ones imo

also, @starbuc is currently doing a run of casts from a screen-used one. He could advise you of final size.
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=292380

starbuc's PPG is molded off of one of the metal 'hero' PPGs from the show. The image below is one of his kits.
PPGKIT.jpg

PPGKIT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The grip is something you can buy off amazon. Dont recall the actual brand, but use that for your proportions. After I make my Galaxy Quest Vox out of aluminun I plan on making one of these guns as well.

Pachmayr Smith and Wesson Compact, J Frame, Round Butt to be exact.
As for the screw sizes, I will get the sizes and let you know. There are several different sizes of screws that were used on the prop.

Terry

Definately get one of Terry's (Starbuc's) kits.
You will have all the info you could possibly need.

Pachmayr Smith and Wesson Compact, J Frame, Round Butt to be exact.
As for the screw sizes, I will get the sizes and let you know. There are several different sizes of screws that were used on the prop.

Terry

Thank you sir, it's really appreciated !

Definately get one of Terry's (Starbuc's) kits.
You will have all the info you could possibly need.

Probably the best way to proceed indeed !

Since I have received the resin kit from Terry I have reworked the 3D model.

I was really close in size (3 to 4 millimeter off in lenght).

render10.jpg

shaded10.jpg

I need to rework the handle a bit and then I will do a test print.

Thanks for looking.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back