Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

That would be rather difficult. It's painted on

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Is the plastic stand removeable from the card box?

If so paint it or glue new plastic over the top.

If not mask up really well.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

That would be rather difficult. It's painted on

have a look for chrome 'contact' - it's a book covering with an adhesive back. But practice installing it on some test cardboard first, it's prone to get bubbles unless you keep enough tension on it when you're putting it on.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out
have a look for chrome 'contact' - it's a book covering with an adhesive back. But practice installing it on some test cardboard first, it's prone to get bubbles unless you keep enough tension on it when you're putting it on.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out

Silver contact or really thin aluminium would both look good. I have a big peice of 0.6mm aluminium left over from the heater of the vacuum former.

Anything that reflects the LEDs will look good.
6a103c5913709f913082cb601344c421.jpg

Wow, this thread just keeps getting bigger and bigger! I haven't been on here for ages, but I'm considering a pair of 3.1s again. First of all, if anyone has a set in size 8.5US, let me know.

Is sneakerahead still the only place to get them? Looks like a huge price increase since last time I checked! £500 for a pair?? Jeez!... Are the electronics still garbage in these with EL snapping or have they fixed them finally?

Wow, this thread just keeps getting bigger and bigger! I haven't been on here for ages, but I'm considering a pair of 3.1s again. First of all, if anyone has a set in size 8.5US, let me know.

Is sneakerahead still the only place to get them? Looks like a huge price increase since last time I checked! £500 for a pair?? Jeez!... Are the electronics still garbage in these with EL snapping or have they fixed them finally?
I personally recommend AirMagMan on Instagram. WAY cheeper, comes with the box, charger, and updated lights, shipping insurance, and they have a one month warranty if they break. The EL still sucks though

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally recommend @AirMagMan on Instagram. WAY cheeper, comes with the box, charger, and updated lights, shipping insurance, and they have a one month warranty if they break. The EL still sucks though

Cheers for the super quick reply. Is he trusted on here then? Does he take PayPal? No way I'd send western union. I thought £300 was expensive for these. I expect bombproof electronics for £500 sneakerahead are asking now. Heck, a few guys on here have made wearable electronics quite easily by using thick cable, hot glue on joints, thick inner soles etc.

Cheers for the super quick reply. Is he trusted on here then? Does he take PayPal? No way I'd send western union. I thought £300 was expensive for these. I expect bombproof electronics for £500 sneakerahead are asking now. Heck, a few guys on here have made wearable electronics quite easily by using thick cable, hot glue on joints, thick inner soles etc.
I personally haven't seen anyone on here buy from him, but then again, think about when David first made these. Someone had to be the first one to order from him. I work with him selling my replicas of the DVDs, and he has never done anything wrong. I think he only accepts Western Union, but I could be wrong. I believe it's $500 usd for the v3.1s, $320 usd for them without the box

I personally recommend @AirMagMan on Instagram. WAY cheeper, comes with the box, charger, and updated lights, shipping insurance, and they have a one month warranty if they break. The EL still sucks though

I personally haven't seen anyone on here buy from him, but then again, think about when David first made these. Someone had to be the first one to order from him. I work with him selling my replicas of the DVDs, and he has never done anything wrong. I think he only accepts Western Union, but I could be wrong. I believe it's $500 usd for the v3.1s, $320 usd for them without the box

That seems reasonable. Still puts me off with no PayPal.

Has anyone else here used airmagman? His photos seem very legit too with customers showing them off on pics I've never seen before etc.

Yep someone made more that because it gets responded to on a daily basis, it had become one of the most successful threads on the entire site.

As far as I know, the only thing they did was mod the board that controls the LEDs. Making them dinner not only looks better, but extends the battery life.

I don't think any thing else changed. There was tape on the back of the EL panel of my first pair and it did 2 parts of stuff all when my pair failed because even after fixing the battery, the wires broke.

AjiPro

The stuff you want is used for things like wedding cakes.

I found this piece in the packaging of the special editions of Lord Of The Rings.
706760b02ec5e52172b6a24728295f91.jpg
bb9bb63f0de1d9580ff6f22cee19dce6.jpg

The batteries are dead in both of my shoes but they still light up when being charged. I was wondering instead of replacing the batteries is there any kind of portable electricity I could use to light up my shoes so that I can wear my shoes while their lit up?

The batteries are dead in both of my shoes but they still light up when being charged. I was wondering instead of replacing the batteries is there any kind of portable electricity I could use to light up my shoes so that I can wear my shoes while their lit up?
You could use a USB charger but would you want to see plugs on the back of the shoes?

That or you cut in. Now if you are going to do that, might as well do it properly and replace the batteries.

I documented how to access the batteries.

You will need a really sharp blade and a pair of long nosed pliers. Just don't break the wires on the shoe. Cut on the inner side of the shoe. The wires run on the EL side.
d61717adecbc497fdbca8040cfcd3115.jpg
5a8be513086915a77ebf519e5d9d64e6.jpg
a49fd833f33d6f5ef22b5b31a013ba65.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back