Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

That stand design was created by one of our members here and subsequecntly licenced to Tomenosuke , he's also a member of Propsummit where he first offered them. So although making one for yourself is alright I would advise against publishing the pattern or making for others as these are now 'officially licenced' items.

No worries....I didnt know so thanks for the warning :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, sorry Kylo, but for the reasons mentioned by @userd1402 I can't hand out what I used. Done only for my own use.

Immediately recognized the name at the bottom of that image, so was pretty sure it was who I thought who'd made those.

I have a great deal of respect for Goldberg Arms and what he does so I wouldn't want to infringe on his work.

Way kewl that he got something Blade Runner related licensed by a company like that :)

FYI, HCG has the acrylic (and wooden) display stands for sale on their site again.

$69.95 for the acrylic / $79.95 for the wooden stands.
21617714_10154987033668479_7488526035051461639_n.jpg

I got a different stand on eBay for $16.95 that fits the gun perfectly, but is not as sharp looking.
s-l1600.jpg

So, I wanted to follow in @Candykiller's footsteps and add a disc to the binding post to hide the fact that it's not really a knob, just a piece fused to the barrel. But, I didn't know where to start with finding or fabricating a piece that would be the right size. Then, inspiration struck: the humble brad fastener.

HTB1VF_rLpXXXXatXpXXq6xXFXXXM.jpg

I found a box in the craft drawer, clipped off the "arms", and flattened the head by crushing it in a pair of pliers. It's not quite 100% perfect, and we'll see how it looks once everything is painted up...but it is awfully close to being the right size, and it's VERY easy, so I thought I would share the idea!

IMG_20170919_215446.jpg

Just so everyone know how serious he is, I just received 829Japan parcel.
Perfect shipping, well protected and packaged. Very pleased with it.
Thanks to him once again, to make it available to everyone for a good price (and not the Ebay rip of).

Last edited by a moderator:
Early days for mine but stick on craft gems make really good leds if you can't be bothered with electronics. And how is everyone with blue grips addressing how to get them amber looking? I might try some clear orange Krylon or Tamiya spray over a silver base coat.

Attachments

• m2019.JPG
    m2019.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Early days for mine but stick on craft gems make really good leds if you can't be bothered with electronics. And how is everyone with blue grips addressing how to get them amber looking? I might try some clear orange Krylon or Tamiya spray over a silver base coat.
Thanks for the ' craft - gems ' tip . Could you provide where you sourced them ?

Cheers Ged

Thanks for the ' craft - gems ' tip . Could you provide where you sourced them ?

Cheers Ged
Look on ebay for "self adhesive" gems or rhinestones. 2 or 3 mm ones will do. Costs about $2 for a sheet and you'll have enough left for some vajazzling.

- - - Updated - - -

That's how they did it with the deluxe boxed version with Swarovski crystals supposedly.
Mine were Ebayovski crystals and do the same job :)

This $11 squirt gun is costing me more money in supplies to make it more like the real deal. This past weekend I spent $50 on LEDs, soldering gun, wire and other odds and ends. Need to order Magic or Apoxie Sculpt for filling. I can just see the goalpost but still to far from complete.
I have two more clear dark blaster coming in from HLJ so the plan is to work out everything on the clear blue and then apply it to all the others.

Started in on the LEDs . . .

After I got all the red ones soldered it ended up looking a bit like a spider's nest. lol

gr77HiY.jpg

I didn't have a super tiny slider switch so I just used this push button switch I had on-hand.
I wired these up in parallel with a single resistor and because the red LEDs have a lower voltage than the green I wasn't able to keep them all in the same circuit.
I'll be creating a separate circuit with a separate switch and power source for the green LEDs.

MJ4oQHz.jpg

Initial install:
xPRgckt.jpg

ugkvq5E.jpg

IrAIZ9U.jpg

OWxSTJK.jpg

On to the green LEDs:

New aluminum replacement greeble :cool

5P6pd5w.jpg

AJaL1ZU.jpg

I'll be wiring these up tonight.

If anyone is interested in an upgrade kit of sorts for their PKD Water Gun Blade Runner Fullcock Takagi Type Blaster by ELFIN KNIGHTS. I've started an interest thread here:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=281852

I was thinking of offering a kit that would include:
- Replacement allen bolts
- A few of the upgraded greebles
- LEDs
- Switches
- Batteries
- Instructions on how to install everything, etc.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back