Alien: Covenant (Prometheus Sequel)

I do Love the Alien in the last shot. The movement looks very unsettling, it doesn't feel like a man un a rubber suit, and I think that's what Ridley Scott always wished he could've made back in the 70s. I also loved seeing glimpses of Carlos Huante's albino neomorph there

It's obvious this movie is just going to be biiiig fanservice and nothing really new or surprising, but I still believe it's going to be awesome. I know it doesn't need to be the best movie ever, it just seems to be exactly what most of us wanted to see when they first announced the first Prometheus

I was definitely on the fence.. but screw it, I'm legitimately excited after that trailer and the prologue. Fan service or not..

We'll see how it turns out. I at least know Odd Studio has got the effects covered in a spectacular fashion.

I do Love the Alien in the last shot. The movement looks very unsettling, it doesn't feel like a man un a rubber suit, and I think that's what Ridley Scott always wished he could've made back in the 70s. I also loved seeing glimpses of Carlos Huante's albino neomorph there

It's obvious this movie is just going to be biiiig fanservice and nothing really new or surprising, but I still believe it's going to be awesome. I know it doesn't need to be the best movie ever, it just seems to be exactly what most of us wanted to see when they first announced the first Prometheus

Fan service would be scrapping this and bringing back Ripley and Hicks, like some other people were going to do.....

I believe it's the so-called Engineers home world that was talked about at the end of Prometheus. Given that Covenant is a colony ship, I would assume that this planet is far off the charts of explored space that everyone else knows about in the Alien universe. I can't believe I'm trying to justify a sequel to Prometheus.

On the bright side, I'm happy to see the Xenomorph again with a look that's more akin to the first film than what every subsequent Alien looked like from Alien Resurrection onward. Evil chins! It also reminded me a lot of how the Xeno was depicted in Alien: Isolation, which is not a bad thing.

The ADI-aliens do look like crap when compared to the original look, or even the Stan Winston/Jim Cameron modified version.
They always feel the need to change it, make it their own.

Just looks utterly formula, and a repeat of the last one no?
People land on planet, ahh there's the ol familiar derelict ship even, muck with stuff they shouldn't and then monsters happen.
I guess they will throw in a little ALIENS since now with lots of guns. RIdley will surely throw in some engineer lore as a topper.
I guess some new Gigery creature will get introduced.
Have we not seen all this before over and over, crimson and clover?????

It was always going to feel "slightly" repetitive because.......... its got aliens in it !!!!!!!! And what do aliens do ????!!!!!!!!!! Well, they kill PEOPLE (rather than serve them tea and buscuits ). Fair credit to Ridley, he's obviously listened to everybodys complaints about "Prometheus" and he's given us what we asked for. EXACTLY what we asked for. He's redone "Prometheus" so "Covenant" seems to be esssentially the second version of it.The one we all wanted. So why don't we all stop complaining. At least until we see the film.
This on the surface looks to me mostly like the first draft that Jon Spaight produced for Prometheus. Bonus points to the guy who spotted the Carlos neomorph the old cone head is in there. There does seem to be something else going on in the background though, I'm asssuming we will learn alittle more of the purpose the engineers have for humanity, huge creepy humanoid statues surrounding another dome with horribly mutated corpses around it. Did the engineers in the past already ship home people like mice for their lab experiments (until it all went wrong?)
I was not expecting it to amaze me but it looks reasonably solid , entertaining and alot better than I had hoped for. Because its got aliens in it!!!

...and he's given us what we asked for. EXACTLY what we asked for. He's redone "Prometheus" so "Covenant" seems to be esssentially the second version of it.The one we all wanted. So why don't we all stop complaining.

Well, to be fair he did it after stopping us from getting what we (or most of us I think) really wanted- NB's Alien 5. This film seems to take a lot of the unused ideas that have been thrown around since the 90's (like the scrapped Aliens in wheat fields idea from Alien 3). I'm open enough to the idea that it'll be better (or at least make more logical sense) than Prometheus, but I also still can't shake the feeling that this is a best-of mashup of Alien plus Aliens and that is turned out so only because NB's concept art got so much hype.

I'm really trying to stay excited for this, but I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

A few quick observations from the latest trailer:

No space suits :( Looks like there might be a few in there at some point, but this just seems like another missed opportunity (along with the weapons dept.) for some incredible design work. They all just look like they are out on a camping trip. Sleeping mats . . . wat?

Also, the xeno looks strange to me, not menacing like it should. Too human. The head too small, no sharp teeth. Something about the jaw line seems way off.

I did a quick manip to make it look more how I remember ALIENS should look:

xeno.jpg

I'm really trying to stay excited for this, but I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

A few quick observations from the latest trailer:

No space suits :( Looks like there might be a few in there at some point, but this just seems like another missed opportunity (along with the weapons dept.) for some incredible design work. They all just look like they are out on a camping trip. Sleeping mats . . . wat?

Also, the xeno looks strange to me, not menacing like it should. Too human. The head too small, no sharp teeth. Something about the jaw line seems way off.

I did a quick manip to make it look more how I remember ALIENS should look:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/GirlsofComicCon08/xeno.jpg

According to this trailer breakdown there will be suits and some speculation why the Alien looks more mammal then biomechanical.

http://www.slashfilm.com/alien-covenant-trailer-breakdown-2/

IMHO this is just kind of what happens when you make a story that is centered around an "evil killing machine". You can get about one really good story out of it (if you are lucky, two) and after that there is just really nowhere left to go with it. Aliens, Jaws, Predator, Freddy Krueger, Friday the Thirteenth, Michael Myers, etc. All of these are pretty much pure-D crap after about the second time around.

But, like everybody else here, I'll probably go see it anyway!

I wish they would put the alien back in Alien

I mean weird me out with something compelling man, ALIENS was mostly action, but it gave us the queen
with that nasty egg sack she detached from.
It filled in some blanks.
Giger's designs were disturbing and incredibly captivating.
But we know it so well now.The reproductive cycle of the aliens was strange, insect like an horrifying.
It think they really are not challenging themselves or the audience for a long time now. But
who knows, maybe they throw me a bone, I just hope it's not more engineers/ chariots of the gods stuff, that never
interested me at all.

Last edited:
im loving the direction and can't wait to see it . I'm hoping new spins on the horror elements with the xenomorph . Prometheus had a lot of great scenes and a lot of tension , I thought the story was too conviluted . I'm hoping for the great movie that we want , full of tense scary moments and a streamlined plot . the scene from the first trailer with people trapped in a room with chest/back bursters is pretty tense and in the vain of great ALIEN movie scenes . so i stay hopeful . I love love the look of the xeno in the end of the trailer . I'm ready for this express elevator to hell ! going down ! its coming so soon

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back