Show your custom Lightsabers!

I just want a model Y... It was never screen used. It has nothing to do with Star Wars... I wanted to pick it up for maybe 20 bucks and just make a cool saber for my brother.

But it is a flash, and so now is going to cost me like 100 bucks?!?!

I'll just wait for this "Star War" thing to die out. Aaaaany time now, people will forget about these little movies...

Right?

:cry

I just want a model Y... It was never screen used. It has nothing to do with Star Wars... I wanted to pick it up for maybe 20 bucks and just make a cool saber for my brother.

But it is a flash, and so now is going to cost me like 100 bucks?!?!

I'll just wait for this "Star War" thing to die out. Aaaaany time now, people will forget about these little movies...

Right?

:cry

The last Y I got was only about $20, well after the Canon craze started. Keep your eyes peeled! :)

Yeah, they still go for all over the map. Just remember people misspell "canon" frequently. I've found two that way that went cheap because no one spotted them.

Okay-- took a break after the blasters, time to get back to work. As a warm up, going to redo a rushed saber I didn't like after staring at it for a few weeks. Remember this one?

Shiny1.jpg

Liked the story-- a more regal lightsaber for a Jedi serving on royal guard duty. But the more I stared it the more I felt like it was just unfinished. And I really didn't like the vinyl grips as they started to warp and look cheap.

So I decided to strip it down and start over...

regal1.jpg
regal2.jpg
regal3.jpg

Thanks!

It's a Canon Y bulb socket and flash guard set into the top piece of a Ziess Ikon...

and then set onto a TCSS neck, a Heiland 2 cell, minicam clamp, and Aluminum bar grips. :)

Go on Craigslist and see what people thing 40 dollar efx lightsabers are worth... the ones you can buy RIGHT NOW at Toys R us.

There's one guy on there asking 100 bucks for Kylo Ren from the Disney store... a 30 dollar figure.

I e-mailed him. ha. Nothing wrong with price bashing on Craigslist.

Consider this "Part 2" to my earlier post in this thread back in December where I set out to make some sabers for a story I'm working on. Following the same set of parameters I set up then, especially the last two, I decided to go ahead and follow up the trio of sabers I had made with another set.

The number "2" is going to be mighty prominent in this post.:p To start, it's been double the amount of pages since my original contribution to this thread, plus an extra two pages, and all of the proceeding sabers were made with two of everything. Two of which belong to the secondary characters of my story who are introduced in the second part of the story.

This is also reflected with my main character. He doesn't wield two sabers but he does use two throughout the story, much like how Luke uses his father's saber before making his own. In my original post on this thread, the hilt detailed there was his second one; the one he built after this abomination specifically...

IMG_5374.JPG IMG_5375.JPG IMG_5377.JPG IMG_5386.JPG

I call it the "Scheisse-Saber" because this forum won't let me post the English version. The short of the story is this: it's the main character's saber back when he really sucked. I mean, he still sucks but he just isn't as suck-y as the story progresses. Starting out, he doesn't have any real skill or know-how to do much of anything but the up-shot is that he's dedicated and clever. This is what he managed to build with whatever he had laying about: a ghetto-rigged hilt built by bashing two non-lethal training sabers together (I imagine a training saber would be like a normal one just without enough juice to be deadly), keeping one end away from the wielder.

From a construction point of view, this was inspired by the McQuarrie-esque saber @Dr Talyn built out of a vintage flashlight back on page 11. I wanted to do something similar and, seeing how we had jacked up flash prices at the time, vintage flashlights were definitely the way to go (especially considering that these were less then 10 bucks each). Piecing it together was extremely easy; it just had to look like crap. However, it also had to look dangerous, as I envisioned the hilt to be extremely unstable. Each time it was ignited, and the longer it was "on", the risk of blowing up in hand would increase. For reference on how to convey that shoddy-but-dangerous look, I went through the visual library in my head and remembered pictures of pipebombs, IED's, and a bunch of weapons built from toiletry I remember seeing on display at military museum ages ago. That's where the gaffer tape and riveted bars come from (also from the practical application of keeping the two flashlights together).

The body is made of two old Chinese flashlights/torches (for the overseas folk) screwed together, end to end, with a washer suck on top over an emitter piece made by turning a reflector piece from one of the flashlights/torches upside down. The "D-ring" was made with the ring that came with the bottom half of the saber, just bent into a "D" shape, and greebs are things I had around and, of course, rivets. A big write up for something that took me less than half an hour to make.

Then came these: the Canon sabers. The Twin Sabers (though not identical). This pair belongs to one of the acolytes that follow one of the main baddies around and he wields them in tandem. You'll notice in this, and the following write-up, that these sabers don't have anything to attach themselves to, like a D-ring or covertec wheel. At this point, I was wanting to experiment with different ways of carrying these hilts around. For this particular pair, I want to make clips for these in the future, riveting them to a belt or something, where I can clip these hilts into and they're carried around like (the?) daisho on samurais. The lightsaber in the following post, I'm thinking about having it slung across the back or just carried around lovingly like Boba Fett and his rifle.

IMG_5395.JPG IMG_5396.JPG IMG_5411.JPG IMG_5422.JPG IMG_5423.JPG

To all you Canon fanatics out there: you're lucky I didn't take progress pictures.You all would've clutched your pearls and fainted had you have seen what I did to these things. They were the flash equivalent of the photos from the Ripper case. It was mayhem. Most of the carnage stemming from the lower halves of the flash handles because the aluminium pipe I bought online was just slightly larger in diameter than the clamp and didn't fit. So... I made it fit. You'll be surprised to find that most, if not all, of this is held together by pressure fitting pieces together, giving them a bit of superglue, or riveting them together.:lol

The write-up on this won't be all that long because, really, these Canon-based sabers build themselves. I feel like these sabers just look derivative of the other Canon sabers that came before on this thread. Feeling that, I thought I might as well just go the full mile and base them off of the Graflexes in the OT; ANH and ESB, respectively. Had the bubblestrip and an extra Slothfurnace card, and rather than just using t-tracks, I cut up some pvc piping for the grips. Painted them, sanded them down and beat them up, before finishing the grips with some clear coat. Done.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back