Hello! I'm Mark from Brisbane, Australia.

I've been admiring the amazing work here done by others for a couple of months, after hearing about this forum on a podcast.

I've never made props previously, but adore cinema and have a soft spot for making things. I have in the past made robots, photography equipment, and guitar effects pedals, and really look forward to using my electronics, coding and 3D Printing experiences to make some cool props.

Current projects: Infinity War Pager, Guardians of the Galaxy Orb, Hellraiser's Lemarchand's box.
hi Mark
electronics and 3D printing are good skills to have, welcome aboard, I’m over to Brisbane in 6 weeks for a 3 week break in Australia can’t wait to get over there

Hello, RPF!

After countless times being asked the question: "how are you not on RPF" I am finally here! Looking to expand my experience and share what I have already learned and created so far. I cut up a flagpole and destroyed my fathers stereo for parts to make a proton gun in 1996... I have been fueling a less destructive form of needing to create film props ever since.
Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Aliens, Star Trek are the props I gravitate towards.

View attachment 817176View attachment 817177View attachment 817178View attachment 817179View attachment 817180

i love your proton gun and ghost trap

Welcome aboard

Hi all,
my name is Augusto and i live in italy.
I'm an electronic engineer. I've built all kind of electronics (robots, industrial automation, small gadgets) and in the last years i'm beginning to build also some "mechanical" objects.
I've made a donkey kong cabinet ( i know not a prop) and right now i would love to build a blade runner blaster.

IMG_3696.JPG

Hey all, thanks for having me :D found may way here being a collector of prop replicas and other merchandise. Main interests are Jurassic Park, Avatar, The Hobbit & LoTR, plus all of the 80's greats including Terminator, Goonies, Labyrinth, Indiana Jones, Gremlins, Ghostbusters etc. I have made a few bits and bobs over the years but my favourite piece is actually made by someone else and is the replica of John Hammond's cane from Jurassic Park :cool

Hello people !

Mid forties, single dad with the custody of two kids, living in Switzerland .
As little spare time you can guess i have i love to build, make, transform , renovate all kinds of stuff ..
I always found great pleasure and serenity in doing things with my hands from sewing to tiling trough many crafts.
I discovered this place trough Adam Savage vid's and the amazing Dave Goldberg snub.

Thanks to all of you for the amount of knowledge deposited here. I'm gonna take a dive in it !

Nicolas

Hey, Dustin from Knoxville. Can't remember if I stopped by here or not or just lurked. But starting
On 2 projects. A live fire blastech E-11 and anh DL-44 red 9. Although I can't bring myself to destroy a 100+ year old firearm I'm hoping rare earth magnets and machining buddy can help with what I need

Hi Everyone, I'm David from Texas. I'm a huge Star Wars and Superman fan. I have loved both my entire life, but am old enough now to realize I can actually make some of the things I have loved for so long! I'll be lurking around! I'm working on custom lightsabers and trying to start a DL 44 build. After, during all of that, I'm going to start working on a couple of Superman suits

Hi team, Rofey from Australia here. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but more broadly I'm a fan of all things science-fiction. This site looks great!

I'm keen to scratch-build some classic Star Wars ships, and thought I'd start with a TIE Fighter (TIE/ln). I'm new to scratch-building, and my question is: where can I find good blueprints and/or dimensions? More broadly, what would you suggest as the best source for Star Wars blueprints and/or dimensions? Cross-sections could also be helpful.

Cheers!

Hi everyone, I'm Dawson. I'm from the Chicago suburbs going to school for computer science at the University of Minnesota. I recently ordered the parts to make a dl-44 ANH Hero's blaster and am currently working on making an STL for the 2002 Spider-Man Pumpkin Bomb with my roommate. I have a mono price select mini v2 3d printer at home with a tevo tarantula on the way. I'm currently looking into what I need to build a 'Proof that Tony Stark has a Heart' arc reactor.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hey there!

I was referred to this site through someone on Reddit, who suggested I post my work here. I ended up staying to see other people's awesome projects! I have been propmaking for just under 6 months. It started out as an obsession with 3D printing, and evolved to what is now my career. I got laid off from my corporate design job last year, and the timing felt right to transition into something I actually enjoy. Since then, I've been making custom 3D prints and props for cosplayers and hobbyists alike. I am still learning and consider myself to be an absolute amateur, especially compared to the talent on here. I'm doing my part to get better by making stuff everyday!

I always welcome suggestions for improvement.

Here's some of my work:
IMG_20180530_133320.jpg2.jpg bottle19.jpg IMG_20180526_223350_168.jpgstone13.jpg

Attachments

• amospin13.jpg
    amospin13.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 64
  • amospin19.jpg
    amospin19.jpg
    736.2 KB · Views: 73
  • beltbullets1.jpg
    beltbullets1.jpg
    630.5 KB · Views: 63
  • chaosmed1.jpg
    chaosmed1.jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 67
Hey all Plokman is here. *cricket chirping* wow tough crowd.

Haha Just kidding hey everyone glad to be here. I've been a bit of a tinkering model making guy since I was in grade school Once made a Deku Mask from Majora's Mask granted that was not as good as I can do now I'm sure. I'm wanting to start building props in both full size and Lego minifig size. I'm hoping to set up a custom shop in regards to the Lego scale stuff not sure if I'll find my large scale stuff worth anyone's dime (I'm very critical of my work and I love detail if it's not good enough for me I'd never sell it to anyone as it's not good enough for them.)

Hope that didn't come off as advertisement really I'm not going for that just saying what I plan to do quite soon so I can make some extra scratch. :) Beyond model making I am also if I may say very decent Pixel/sprite artist the Truck in my Avatar is one of my latest for a large Transformers project I'm doing and I think it's a first at that as well, Transformers:Roll Out the first fully sprited Transformer comic with my own take on the Cybertronian universe. Oh in case your wondering the truck in my Avatar that is my incarnation of Ironhide in Vehicle Mode.

I suppose I should of said I'm also a writer in the process of a hand drawn comic collaboration fo my own IP which is my Namesake. I'm no good at drawing well not good enough for a comic anyway but my good friend Ian Dimas de Almeida from Deviant Art has the talent to bring my world to life and he thinks my writing is of equal merits. More on that will be forth coming. Keep your eyes on my signature if you think it sounds interesting.

Again I really hope that doesn't come off as braging, advertising or anything rude and against the RPF rule book. I just had a lot to say and tell is all and I just got here I don't wanna be that guy who throws himself down a well at the start. Anything needs changing let me know I will remove the offending text.

Anyway it's awesome to be here and I hope to give as much as I get in help for prop making.

Welcome to the RPF! We're happy that you could join us, especially since some of you have been waiting for quite some time.

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, your prop interests, maybe even show us some pics of your collection.

(...)

The RPF Staff
Hi all - I'm Steve from the Nashville, TN area. I came across the site after watching a YouTube video by Tested (Adam Savage One Day Build) on doing the DL-44 Han Solo blaster. In the video, they talk about the level of accuracy that this community pursues, and even after all that talk, I have to say, I am completely blown away by the level of detail and dedication that I've seen in some of these threads. Happy to be part of the community. I don't have any builds yet, but hopefully someday soon.

Cheers.
--steve

Greetings from Wisconsin!!! My name is Tim and am a huge fan of all things Metal Gear (hence the screen name) and also a huge fan of Cable from X-Men/Deadpool.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

I've been screwing around with foam for a couple of months now and should make an effort to be social since im hiding in the spare room all the time making piles of offcuts everywhere.
I'm from Australia, turning grey and an art/media/It teacher and currently trying to slap together the skyrim steal armour set from punished props. I make a small version of the helmet for my son, which he loves prentending to be a knight in.
Ghost Rider/ Judge Dredd will be probably the next things I want to do.....maybe the X-01 armour from F4...I dunno…

Hello all! I'm very new to this group- I've been on the facebook page for about a year now and finally registered to join here! My name is Denise Chukhina- on social media I go by "skeleton key cosplay" and my particular interest in props is the costume aspect. I have an MFA in costume production from UNC and love to make very detailed costumes. In particular I've recently been enjoying the making of two Rey costumes from Star Wars and am hoping to make a Padme Amidala costume for celebration next year! IMG_5052.JPG A huge thank you and shout out to SofaKing01 on the rpf who made the Replica of the Millennium Falcon cockpit that I was able to take photos in this past weekend!

Hi, I'm Dereck and I am new here. I have heard my heroes talk about this forum but for some reason I haven't ever made an account. Well now that has changed and I am excited to be a part of this amazing community. I hope to one day turn my hobby into a career. I would love any and all suggestions on how to achieve that goal, plus I always appreciate advice from people will to give it.

Hey guys, I'm new from Club Obi Wan, where I am temple_runner.

I love Indiana Jones, the Robert Langdon series by Dan Brown (and Tom Hanks), Kolchak, westerns, etc.

I make props, too, and also some to sell. Can someone tell me if that's something allowed here?

The RFP! Glad to be here. Started watching Tested and Punished Props about a year ago and have had my mind on props ever since.

My interests are all over the place. I'm an art director at a design agency and I love to just make stuff in any medium.

Favorite Franchises
SW (of course)
Predator
Blade Runner
GI Joe
Select Marvel Properties
Hellboy
Ugh. There's so much more.

I've only done one actual prop thus far. Snoke's ring in concept form, not the screen version (see pics). I hope to do more. I'm contemplating a Tusken rifle.

Thanks for having me RFP!

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 8.51.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-05 at 8.51.27 AM.png

Ello! xD

I've joined cuz I'm aspiring to be a product designer, that designs replicas, from movies and films for people to buy in shops (e.g. converting a space-aged gun from a movie, to a 'toy' that people can buy) :p. I need a little help, and inspiration for what I'm currently doing in school (I'm currently basing my course work on Prop making, and how to convert a expensive movie/film props into a product that can be sold for a reasonable price), overall I'm basically asking for advice on how to build a props XD

(P.S: the theme of my course work is Sci-Fi, just in case you guys have any ideas you can share)

As for interests, I like sketching, designing and making random stuff, from drawing a creature made entirely of water, to design a hammer, to making a sonic screwdriver made out of a mini light saber from a McDonald's kids meal (yes, I did that xD).

Hello everyone.
Im Matt. Just joined after attending wonderfest 2018 for the first time. I work at a hobby shop and am primarily a wargamer and figure painter though lately I've been dabling in more general modeling and stuff like the star wars bandai kits. Looking forward to the next step in my hobby journey.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back