Rey's Saber contest winner announced

Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up

Where is the total of votes right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you'll see that some of the people will likely care ;) and they most probably won't be more members to the rpf, just friends of some of the participant that will never come back. last time, one of the participant was a teacher and all his students came to vote for him, he himself said that they should be ignored for the count.
but you guys decide what you want, what is important is that all the participant are ok with that and don't feel annoyed by those new members votes.
cheers :)
I truly understand where you coming from, this being my first comp I wasn’t aware of the underhandedness that some people would steep to for votes, hopefully nobody has or will do that on here if a builder gets 20 newbie votes it would shine doubt on the votes, maybe it should have been mentioned at the beginning before the voting started as to keep the votes doubt free, so let’s not cast anymore shadows over the voting and hopefully everybody has confidence in there fantastic builds to gain honest votes, in the end it’s all in the name of fun and I’m loving it :love thanks eethan for your valuable input

Last edited by a moderator:

Where is the total of votes right now?

I'm a freak: I'm keeping track in excel:
march-3.jpg
This is with Tom's vote (#104) included.

For me it's a toss up between K and M. They're closest to what I was thinking about doing, if I'd had the time.

I’ve just put this on the RPF bookface thingy, I hope nobody disagrees

Hi guys and girls I’m not selling anything I’m just passing on some information
Over on The Replica Prop Forum some members have entered a little competition, design and build Rey’s new light saber. The entries are now in and have been posted for members to take a look at and vote for the one you think suits her the most, the builder are anonymous until the end so we won’t know who has designed and built them, so if you’re a member of the forum and would like to vote on Rey’s new saber please shoot over there and vote
Please remember you need to be a member of The Replica Prop Forum
Please follow the link below

We said two weeks from the start.
I'm surprised not many more people come to vote!

Quite dissapointing, 59 votes :( I was wondering how Drew would cope with the many hundreds of votes he would have to count !!! Really appreciate the voters who have taken time out to visit here and vote. Thank you voters

The countdown begins 7 days remaining

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you to everyone who placed an entry into this contest, it's been fun looking over all the entries and seeing what y'all came up with. The variety is very impressive.

A. Very thorough execution. I enjoy seeing the extra steps you took with the repair kit and the presentation of the 'parts' photograph. Very clean AsFirstBuiltBy!

B. Yours has a feel reminiscent to that of a protosaber! I look forward to reading your build log when the contest is over to figure out what that CO2 piggy-back contraption is!

C. I love the look of this lightsaber. I would like to see it built with thicker tubing to make it safer to hold.

D. Excellent patina on the emitter! The double hanger/ flapper stopper is a great idea! I'd make that part thicker to prevent any 'apple-peeling' of fingers and other parts of the hand while wielding it. Very clean execution.

E. Great pommel find!!! I like the red stripes on the hilt, brilliant paint sceme! I think Rey would have polished this though because we know she knows how to use a scrub brush ;) ... I'd really like to see this lightsaber.... less speckled.

F. THAT CAMPING STOVE BURNER! I like this lightsaber a lot. I think it would read a little better with a bit thicker section in the neck and a transfer of some of that burner's patina up onto the Graflex style emitter.

G. YAY ELECTRONICS! Very clean build. I know it was intended to be exposed, but it'd be so cool if that Crystal Chamber could twist lock down into the pommel side of the hilt to hide it and 'close' the saber.

H. The knulled looking bits on the grip (rubber pinch rollers?) are AWESOME! It'd be fun to find what slides down into that green and gold slot and incorporate it into a control box!

I. Lovin' the desert photography! I'd push the emitter design a little further with some Obi-Wan ANH style ring of holes to give the lightsaber as a whole a bit more pizzazz.

J. This reminds me of those fold out guns. I want to see something fold out of this hilt.... a mounting device so it can be worn on a belt maybe?

K. I get where you were going with this, it's definitely a single handed sword with that giant pommel though, eh?! A lightrapier no doubt!!! I'd like to see you finish the handwheel bottom and plug those holes somehow to make the four ridges solid. I think this will help it read more as a pommel and less as its real world counterpart. I'd also swap out the Phillips screws for some Security Torx screws, those things just look cool and can be more easily imagined as buttons instead of just a screw to hold two parts together. We're gonna find a way to get you an older version of Photoshop or Photoshop Essentials so you can put a tip on that activated blade. ;)

L. NEAT PARTS! If this only had Bunny Ears. I'd like to see this with a shiny center where the black T-Track is. I really like the juxtaposition of the pretty chrome and black on the pommel end of the choke tube and think that it would look good up in the center part as well.

M. This one hits a little too close to home for me and makes me want to go find Rian Johnson and kick him in the nuts. Be constructive, be constructive, oooohhhhhmmmmmm. O.K. YAY ELECTRONICS! I would like to see this sans the cheese cloth wrap. Maybe have the wrap in a pile beneath the lightsaber as a photography prop instead! Like it'd been unwrapped from its storage box for the photoshoot.

N. Light-sai-ber? Can't wait to figure out what that Secondary Emitters part is! I can hear Michelle Christa Smith saying that the control box needs to be moved up towards the cross bar so that this could be twirlled properly. She'd say that tallywhacker at the pommel has to go too, but I think it looks cool!

O. IT'S SOOO CUTE! It's full of whatnots and doo-dads and all I want is to see more of this little camping lightersaber!!! SO GET THE BIG BLACK GLOVED HAND OUT OF THE WAY WOULD YA!!!!

P. Now that Rey is Captain of the Millenium Falcon she can afford to buy flour and yeast and make a proper loaf of bread instead of the ready-bubble-set just add H2O kind. If Kylo attacks her while she's rolling the dough, she's already got her lightsaber in hand! ;) HA!! I'm just teasing, it just so much looks like a rolling pin to me. Please don't be upset, it just gave me such a laugh when the thought jumped into my mind. I'm only sharing the thought in hopes that you see it too and it makes you giggle. I appreciate the thought and imagination that went into the blaster bolt absorber idea, but I think it's just too far a departure from the norm of what a lightsaber looks like to be a part of a lightsaber. Maybe it could be something worn on the wrist or forearm instead? And for your build log thread photos, please stop hiding the hilt with the glove. I think that the hilt has promise with what you have going on so far. If you were to lose the absorber bit, and then carve the wooden section with some ball-milled scallops that emulate the metal section of the old flashlight, it would really add to the elegant simplicity of the design. I'd stain it too, maybe Cherry or Walnut. Yeah, Cherry with Walnut in the scallops! I think it would look wonderful that way. I am truly impressed that you and at least one other member came up with not one, but two finished lightsabers for this contest. Commendations to you both!

O. Nice touches on the Button and the brass tubing coming out of the control box! I'd like to see the teal bit painted chrome or covered in Alclad or goldleaf maybe. It would help maintain the suspension of disbelief and keep me from focusing on what the real world part is.

O.K. I can tell I'm getting a little loopy from typing instead of eating lunch, oops, now dinner too, and I have to wrap this up and pick a winner so I can go eat and be ready for TWD tonight.

So, I pick "F" .

K and L, you're right behind it in Second Place, and O, the little Swiss Army Lightsaber that could, takes Third.

Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up

Thank you to everyone who placed an entry into this contest, it's been fun looking over all the entries and seeing what y'all came up with. The variety is very impressive.

Wow! Thanks for the elaborate and honest feedback! Interesting to read. And I agree that the stove burner emitter in F is a wonderful and creative idea!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back