Hi all,

Another longtime lurker, but finally decided to join as my future prop wishlist grew more and more specific and this is the place to learn everything I may need to know to make things happen. I collect stuff from mostly movies, but occasionally also videogames and TV shows I enjoy. You could say Indiana Jones is my main interest, but I also have a number of props from Jurassic Park, Star Wars, The X Files, Back to the Future, The Goonies, Lord of the Rings and more.

Something distinctive about my collecting habits is that I try to follow the internal logic of the films I collect from, meaning, if the object was destroyed in the story and therefore it's not supposed to exist, I can't have it. Also, if the story is set in the future and thus hasn't happened yet, I can't have the props either. So for example, if I were to own a Darth Vader helmet, it'd have to be the fire damaged version from The Force Awakens as that's the state that helmet is supposed to be in after Return of the Jedi. Or, say I wanted a Pre-Cog Ball from Minority Report, sucks for me, cause that means it'd have to wait until the year 2054 when the Pre-Crime Police Division is created (I'm waiting). If anything, these rules add a fun touch to my descriptions when friends come look at my stuff and also help my collection from spiraling out of control.

Anyways, looking forward to being part of the community from now on.

Hello!

I guess I am brand new to prop making.

I am a carpenter in a shop that produces sets for theatrical performance. I'm getting a bit bored and I want to broaden my skillset a bit, so here I am. I have a few projects in mind but I am a novice when it comes to casting, sculpting, and I guess the know how of properties. I am definitely hoping that I will find someone to reach out to in this community for advice. The project that I am the most excited to attempt would be recreating the Witch King of Angmar's flail. I am skilled with metal, wood, autocad, and I have a full shop at my disposal, I just need some guidance. Well that is about it, maybe someone will see this and say hello. :)

I'm excited to join the community and to get this new hobby going.

Hello, there!
I'm new in this forum, was referred to by a member who saw what I do and well,..here I am :)
anyhoo, I make models from scratch in my basement and lately,I've been making 1/6 Speeders from Star Wars with a few manual working features such as: Opening Canopy,articulated top-bottom air-brakes & shocks,rotating Harpoon Gun,Fiber Optics & LEDs in the cockpit along with working Harnesses for securing the Pilot & Gunner and can be displayed on a wood & Acrylic base or hanging from the ceiling without any exposed wires,as are all my models.painted & weathered hope you all enjoy my work, as I'm pleased to be here...Cheers!

Hello!

I guess I am brand new to prop making.

I am a carpenter in a shop that produces sets for theatrical performance. I'm getting a bit bored and I want to broaden my skillset a bit, so here I am. I have a few projects in mind but I am a novice when it comes to casting, sculpting, and I guess the know how of properties. I am definitely hoping that I will find someone to reach out to in this community for advice. The project that I am the most excited to attempt would be recreating the Witch King of Angmar's flail. I am skilled with metal, wood, autocad, and I have a full shop at my disposal, I just need some guidance. Well that is about it, maybe someone will see this and say hello. :)

I'm excited to join the community and to get this new hobby going.
Screenshot_20180128-164709.jpg
This will help

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the RPF so here goes an introduction. In 1997 my parents took me to see Star Wars A New Hope......I wasn't even 4 yet! It had a BIG impression on this kid, and I've been interested in films, and film props ever since! And incidentally my real name is Luke, so guess who my favorite character is!

Hello All, just wanted to introduce myself, names Christopher and i have started to do more EVA foam building and i'm looking forward to seeing everyones great work.

Greetings,

My name is BioQuake, and I am new to prop-making.
I've always wanted to get into prop making though, but I guess I've just never really had the time for making anything that I would be satisfied with. With the news that I will be receiving a 3d printer soon, I have decided to go all out, and dive in head-first. I'm very excited to get started making props, as the processes behind the props seem very interesting to me.

Cheers.

Hey guys!

I'm new to the whole prop building side of cosplay and came across this site while looking for Loki Staff info. I can't wait to delve deeper into making props!

Hello, my name is Marcus, long time reader/lurker and I am going to start my first take on a prop replica shortly. The way everyday objects are used in building props is probably one of my favorite aspects.

Hi folks

So, my dau is wanting to make a Rey cosplay and Dad is being enlisted...which is cool, so don't tell her that Dad is STOKED...but also wanted to register as this link

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237501&page=4

FLIPPING AMAZING. We live in the PNW and I have made some costumes before with them or for them when they were younger. She is now 17, she can sew and she does Cosplay parties for kids...she is excited about this and truly, folks like TheLadyNerd thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I discovered this site while looking for info on the weapons used in Clue the Movie. There's only a few threads on here but the info given was great. I'm collecting the weapons as a gift for my sister who is a huge fan of the movie.
Then I fell into the lightsaber wormhole after rediscovering a Heiland flash handle that my mother had found at an auction (apparently my uncle had found a Graflex in the same lot and sold it...ugh!). So now I'm on an additional quest to try to replicate the three ANH sabers.
If there are any closet Clue fans out there or anyone who'd like to help me on my saber quest feel free to reach out to me.

Hi my name is Ste and I work in the film industry doing visual effects for ILM, MPC and many more.
Got introduced to the site through my step dad Bengrim09 looking forward to seeing some cool builds and hoping for some help on my own project in the upcoming months.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi my name is Ste and I work in the film industry doing visual effects for ILM, MPC and many more.
Got introduced to the site through my step dad @Bengrim09 looking forward to seeing some cool builds and hoping for some help on my own project in the upcoming months.

Thanks
Hi son welcome aboard, you have joined the best forum EVER, if you have any questions on anything your thinking of building just ask, as I’m sure from past experience you will get all the help you need, everybody ( nearly ) lol would gladly help, but remember what ive told you ! Read as much as you can and do your research first !!! We won’t do the hard work for you !!
( I might or your mum will kill me )

Hi, all,

So nice to be a member. I've lurked for a while marvelling at all the amazing talents here.

I'm an artist and illustrator and into all types of creating. I used to build theatre sets and props and I enjoy learning about new materials and processes.

Please bear with me as I learn my way around. I'm very much looking forward to meeting and interacting with you all.

Best,

Steve

Hello all,
Been doing costume for a few years now mostly halo with the 405th, and staragte a while ago with sci-fi hero. Been on here back and forth for help with projects for a few yearsnow. Now after a costuming hiatus due to my children i am back and working on some star wars costumes.

I am working on my "oldman" Han Solo at the moment. I can not wait to finish it and show it off.

Hi all!

I'm a long time lurker, having been impressed by the quality of work posted on these forums for years. I love to design and appreciate the time and effort others put into their designs, both professionals and amateurs alike!

Currently working on Nerf customisation and paint jobs, inspired by so many on here...

hi my name is neil big fan of the 66 batman and the Keaton batman never made a costume before but would love to have a go I'm putting together a paper 89 batman cowl at the min would love to have a go at a foam one so it anyone has and foam patterns from the 89 batman would love to have a go thanks for letting me in here guys

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back