1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Great console Sofa, much more sleeker in design/look than the first one. Yep, those corridor pads are a pain and as for cold (I'm in Ottawa, Canada) it's a pain: 2 weeks of extreme cold makes my life miserable:angry Cockpit looks great for sure and those Nav chairs will make it even better!!

Man o man do I love your detail work! I feel you on the cold Sofa. I'm down in Louisiana freezimg my bum off about to end up single the next time I prime and paint something in the spare bedroom. Lol. Really need to get on with the heat and a/c out in the shop.

I always love how humble you are too man. You make these posts saying "not much" and you get more done in a weekend than most subcontractors down here do all week.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Hey sofa, this looks absolutely amazing. Maybe you can make use of this for the screen:
ou1aanou1188lw4zg.jpg

This is what it says:
MillenniumFalconInfoScreenTranslation.jpg

Happy Xmas/New Year to you and your family Sofa:) Love the new greeblies and that Nav chair is getting there!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and yours, J! Hope Santa was good to everybody?

I was aiming to finish up the nav chair rubber strips but it was just so cold!

- - - Updated - - -

Great updates SK!!! Looking forward to the new year's round of generally more of everything!!!

Wasn't the Falcon originally owned by the Hendrix Experience during the recording of Are You Experienced? I bet they leave that out of the next movie :D

That's the way I like to think of it, lol.

Hey Hey W!

Thanks so much! Let's hope this years sees an finished product so we can start all over again!

From what I understand, the studio and Hendrix fought for custody of the Falcon for months until the ship slipped out of sight... I hope we see the backstory! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Sofaking01,

Let me know what you think of this so far?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1YoZWaTqb0

Izzy

OH YES!!!! Iz, once again you have saved the day! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Great job, Sofa. Looking forward to future progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, my friend! I'm looking forward to this part of the project coming to an end!

Great console Sofa, much more sleeker in design/look than the first one. Yep, those corridor pads are a pain and as for cold (I'm in Ottawa, Canada) it's a pain: 2 weeks of extreme cold makes my life miserable:angry Cockpit looks great for sure and those Nav chairs will make it even better!!

Hey J,

Thanks so much! Those floating panels really bothered me. I'm really happy with how they turned out. The pads... UGH! Fingers crossed this new direction solves most of the pain.

OH WOW! You guys are DEF feeling the cold weather. Stay warm and bundle up!

- - - Updated - - -

This is honestly one of the most amazing things I've seen in my lifetime.

Hi G,

Thank you very much! That means a lot to me and the team. I'm hoping to have it finished up so we can once again get it out there for the public to see. I hate that it just sits in the warehouse.

Man o man do I love your detail work! I feel you on the cold Sofa. I'm down in Louisiana freezimg my bum off about to end up single the next time I prime and paint something in the spare bedroom. Lol. Really need to get on with the heat and a/c out in the shop.

I always love how humble you are too man. You make these posts saying "not much" and you get more done in a weekend than most subcontractors down here do all week.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Hey ST,

Thanks! I'm trying very hard to make each and every greeblie look like it has a some sort of function. "Good Enough" is not in our vocabulary. :)

Hang in there! The temps should be coming back up to a sun tanning 35-40 degrees! ;) We have a space heater in the warehouse and it works great in that small 2'x2' footprint! Anything away from that... forget about it!

I'm really disappointed in how slow this last leg of the project is going. We were supposed be done in late Nov but one hurdle after another compounded by the holidays continues to push the finish line seemingly forever out of reach! But we'll get there!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm amazed at the dedication and attention to detail shown in this build. I love getting email updates.:thumbsup

Hi M,

Thanks so much! As I mentioned above, "Good Enough" is not an option. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey sofa, this looks absolutely amazing. Maybe you can make use of this for the screen: http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/6071/ou1aanou1188lw4zg.jpg?size_id=c

This is what it says:
View attachment 784495

Hey J,

WOW!!! LOVE IT! This will DEF be added to the screen show / animation. Feel free to send anymore you might have. Thanks for the kind words!

This goes out to everybody! If any of you guys/gals want to add some artwork or animations to the slide show PLEASE feel free to contact me and we'll include them. :)

65414A51-046C-4BCD-9148-989E98EFBF53.jpegGot this pic from my Millennium Falcon owners workshop manual,
im having trouble loading pics to the forum, some will load and some won’t, as and when I figure out what’s going on I can post some more unless you already have the manual

Last edited:
View attachment 784611Got this pic from my Millennium Falcon owners workshop manual,
im having trouble loading pics to the forum, some will load and some won’t, as and when I figure out what’s going on I can post some more unless you already have the manual

Hey B,

LOVE THAT! Def looks the part. I dont have the workshop manual. I'm kinda creating my own as I go. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I like that display graphic. I'll try to make a vector graphic so sofa can use it :)

Hey J,

That would be awesome!

View attachment 784611Got this pic from my Millennium Falcon owners workshop manual,
Is it possible to find out which display of the falcon this belongs to? Like if it is in the cockpit or somewhere else. And are there other display graphics in there you can share?[emoji4]

Is it possible to find out which display of the falcon this belongs to? Like if it is in the cockpit or somewhere else. And are there other display graphics in there you can share?[emoji4]
that pic is from the Passive sensor / scan-mode transceiver, it only says it’s from the falcons sensor suite
I’m going to message you more images as posting pics has become frustrating as some are loading and others are not

Hey Sk,
I’m curious, those pads, aren’t they supposed to be some kind of paddings in the corridor and not be rigid?

In this case, why not just

2C5C05F0-DE4E-425C-B383-A8DB1E12DEAE.jpeg90D89BDB-FAF5-45C9-9152-BC86F65ECEC8.jpeg8ED7104D-B051-42C5-BE2B-BED00BAE3502.jpeg505D2DD2-6AD5-46F7-AF5C-2BB564239AA7.jpeg
AB3DF521-BCB1-409C-996D-CD3060C49BC5.jpeg003E3389-BA5F-4D1E-B0FE-79B5C6E23D26.jpeg40990F97-809A-4F1B-B7DE-7566EC4B723B.jpeg869589ED-46BE-4311-9FA2-C4F213EF88CE.jpeg22060EA1-11EC-4577-A3A2-AE991AC5065A.jpeg
Hope these help a little
there’s still one I’m trying to send but finding it difficult to load and I think you will like it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back