2017 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opened my presents on Christmas Day yesterday, so a big THANK YOU to my Secret Santa DaveChaos

KGRn0jv.jpg

pxwDfrN.jpg

The vintage Star Wars portfolio looks mega minty - is that the ORIGINAL shrink wrap it's in?!
The Force Awakens soundtrack shall be going on as soon as my wife leaves the immediate vicinity! :D:lol

And what is that in the top right corner? It's original Ewok fur in a tiny glass vial! Cool presentation.
XxDom2J.jpg

Thanks! :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
fsp mk1.jpgfsp mk1 2.jpgfsp letter.jpg

Ok finally time to post. Holy cats I love my gosh darn present. form2function / Demetri, thank you very much. Best SS gift I've gotten yet from this place (no offense to any of my previous Santa's). Absolutely loved the letter and love everything about this pretty much ray gun. I had no idea how you knew I was fire but then I realized it's in my bio. Wife got pissed because I told her it was my favorite present of the day. Thing is so friggin awesome, thanks. Now to make a stand for it and get a small plaque made.

Ok finally time to post. Holy cats I love my gosh darn present. @form2function / Demetri, thank you very much. Best SS gift I've gotten yet from this place (no offense to any of my previous Santa's). Absolutely loved the letter and love everything about this pretty much ray gun. I had no idea how you knew I was fire but then I realized it's in my bio. Wife got pissed because I told her it was my favorite present of the day. Thing is so friggin awesome, thanks. Now to make a stand for it and get a small plaque made.

You're most welcome, I'm glad you like it! As I said in my note, go crazy with it, it's yours to do with as you please now. You can make a stand for it, weather it, improve on it as you see fit. I had a good time building it, even though it took a longer than I planned for... partly due to the fires out here, the irony of which wasn't lost on me. It got there in time though so I'm glad. And my apologies to your wife! Perhaps some spanakopita will appease her? Worth a shot. ;)

This post has been long overdue so I apologize for that! My secret Santa did an amazing job and I'm super appreciative with the hard work they poured into their gift. Recently I've taken a serious interest in Stephen King and this year "IT" was among many of my reads.
Things started off while I was away at college and my brother received an eerie postcard from Derry Maine with an interesting note tying to King's stories.
As Christmas got closer I received the Pennywise Jack in the box that now sits proudly on my shelf. Later, the beautiful canvas "circus" print arrived with some very well written and interesting letters again involving some interlinked Stephen King stories! I can't thank my Santa enough for the hard work they poured into these gifts, and they're now my most prized pieces of my King collection! I hope you've all had a Very Merry Christmas and I'd like to wish you a Happy New Year!
IMG_2995.jpgIMG_2996.jpgIMG_2997.jpgIMG_2999.jpgIMG_3001.jpgIMG_3003.jpg

Glad you liked everything. Not sure you got everything in the order they were sent, being you were at school but the postcard was the first one, then a letter with photos in it. Then the poster then jack in the box.
Basically, you were to receive the postcard stating your aunt and uncle bought a bed and breakfast in Derry. Then everything goes to hell Stephen King style. Not sure you got the letter with the photos but it makes more sense with all the parts. Glad you liked the gifts, I made copies so if you need the other letter to make sense pm me.
chris

This post has been long overdue so I apologize for that! My secret Santa did an amazing job and I'm super appreciative with the hard work they poured into their gift. Recently I've taken a serious interest in Stephen King and this year "IT" was among many of my reads.
Things started off while I was away at college and my brother received an eerie postcard from Derry Maine with an interesting note tying to King's stories.
As Christmas got closer I received the Pennywise Jack in the box that now sits proudly on my shelf. Later, the beautiful canvas "circus" print arrived with some very well written and interesting letters again involving some interlinked Stephen King stories! I can't thank my Santa enough for the hard work they poured into these gifts, and they're now my most prized pieces of my King collection! I hope you've all had a Very Merry Christmas and I'd like to wish you a Happy New Year!
View attachment 782521View attachment 782522View attachment 782523View attachment 782524View attachment 782525View attachment 782526

View attachment 782521View attachment 782522View attachment 782523View attachment 782524View attachment 782525View attachment 782526

Wow, what an elaborate setup. Very impressive, I really love the poster print, especially the vintage annotation in the corner. Someone please post the full letter(s)!

To my Santa, apologies that I haven't opened your gift yet. I've actually taken off work, and I've been spending all my free time with visiting family that I rarely see. I want to give the gift it's proper due and my full attention! I promise to open it as soon as I get a chance! Such a strange mixture of emotions - I feel terrible yet exhilarated to open it!

I opened my Secret Santa Gift. I am floored by what was sent. I am trying to get Pictures up. Unfortunately a Medical issue which I thought passed decided to give me a Christmas Visit. Because of this I was in a really low place. Very Very Depressed. I figure in order to try and feel a little bit better I was going to open my Secret Santa Gift on Christmas Eve Eve. My santa made me a little Hold out blaster that looks similiar to Han's. Absoutly amazing.

What Santa did not know (Or somehow found out) is my favorite costume is my Endor Commando because my Father and I made that costume by hand. I only had the standard E-11 to carry with me and that takes up alot of hand real estate for costuming. Since I am a 501st member I am usually the only Rebel costume at events. I get on my knees and put my hands on my head like I am captured. It is very difficult to get a full sized E11 hidden so it looks like I am unarmed/captured. Now thanks to Santa I have a small blaster which is barely bigger than my hand (Big ol Bear Paws Here) It slipps discreetly into my jacket pocket for pictures. It is literally the perfect weapon to accompany my costume. Thank you so very much Santa.

last jedi premire.jpg

blaster.jpg

Careful Troopers....... Now I have a Blaster............... HO............ HO................ HO..........

My gift arrived this morning, and I’m really happy to add these Star Wars items to my collection (for the record I loved The Last Jedi). Thanks Santa (Luis)

Ironically, I just finished booking a vacation in Spain when this package arrived from Spain.

Mark me received Michael, and thanks again to you and everyone who participated this year.
bbf62a93b7d2d8ff4c545535bb57548b.jpg

Glad you liked everything! While I did design all the patches and coins, I wanted to clarify that I only did the layout for the holiday card. The artwork itself is by Japanese Star Wars artist Tsuneo Sanda: http://www.sandaworld.com. He created the art exclusively for the 501st's holiday card last year. I wanted to make sure he got the proper credit!

Scott

I did Christmas with my family today and opened my SS gift. All the gifts were designed by my Santa and he has super good taste.

I got patches, pins, and challenge coins! Somehow my SS knew too well. I’m a former cop and have a challenge coin and patch collection at work. I’ll post more pics once they’re with the rest of my stuff. I also got a super cool embroidered luggage tag with a place for my name and “Property of Imperial Armory” on the other side.

My SS also did custom artwork on the card and it’s gorgeous. There was a nice personal note inside as well .

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171225/abf4ee4928879dd2e7e43e459049c75b.jpg

Two other gifts: a laser engraved “Trööpermeister” flask and a Raincor tooth necklace. I love them both so much and can’t wait to make a good chain for the Raincor tooth out of bone and metal.

Thank you Secret Santa so much. This is my second year doing this and I can’t wait for many more to come. A big thank you to Michael for putting this on as well. Merry Christmas to everyone around the globe.

“May your beard never grow thin”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

List updated! Not too shabby, hopefully we get more received gifts soon.

For those of you PMing me, no "R" by your recipient's name doesn't mean they haven't received, it means they haven't told me yet that they have. There could be a variety of reasons for this...

They could be busy (it's a busy time of year for many), they may not be at home, they may be waiting to open it at a family gathering, etc...

Also, although it's VERY MUCH ENCOURAGED that people post a thank you and what they got, every year some don't. Sadly it's a reality of an online exchange like this. I won't be bugging people for an update on whether they have received until next week.

This year there is only one person who hasn't been in contact. I'll be contacting a Mod to see if I he can get a hold of him before assigning a backup Santa.

Mark me as Received! I apologize for the late post, our household has been recovering from a crazy sickness.
SS_Gift_2.jpgSS_Gift_3.jpg
It's a mug that says "Morning's are Mordor" and a pin with pizzas forming a Triforce. It also came with 2 magnets of Daleks saying "Refrigerate!" Thank you so much Secret Santa! All these gifts are fantastic! This has really made my year.

Glad you liked everything! While I did design all the patches and coins, I wanted to clarify that I only did the layout for the holiday card. The artwork itself is by Japanese Star Wars artist Tsuneo Sanda: http://www.sandaworld.com. He created the art exclusively for the 501st's holiday card last year. I wanted to make sure he got the proper credit!

Scott

As promised, here’s the stuff in my office at work, right along side my other collections. Thanks again!

ef76276a8d60132264ad8dcf2bdcfdae.jpg

307372897b1b60e4ce38c553ce4a69c8.jpg

6c8332281721d3b75b3e9886729470aa.jpg

21612c7037a14492fb8e1b6f08fcb4f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies to my Santa (don't know if you want to be identified), but I finally got a chance to give your gift my full attention! And boy howdy, was it worth it!

The mysterious gift wrapped in brown paper...as I said before I'm a sucker for vintage. You had me at the wrapping paper. I'm that weird person who thinks a sandwich wrapped in wax paper is somehow superior to one in a Ziplok bag.
IMG_2287.JPG

What's inside? An Indiana Jones messenger bag! Awesome!
IMG_2294.JPG
I love that it has a stiff plate that keeps the back flat. I have actually considered this from a design perspective.

Absolutely satisfied with just the awesome bag, I open it up to find...
IMG_2289.JPG
Another gift inside! Something more? Wow! What could it be?

IMG_2290.JPG
An amazing 3D printed fertility idol! So cool, hope to one day work on it [curses his non-prop-making hands]. I've already pre-searched techniques.

Finally, there was a card with a clever Indy graphic.
IMG_2291.JPG

Group shot:
IMG_2300.JPG

Thank you so much, Santa!

P.S. To my recipient, please let me know if my item was undamaged. Don't know how rough they were on the package.

IMG_2287.JPG

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2289.JPG

IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_2291.JPG

IMG_2300.JPG

Last edited:
So, as I returned from my short trip to the family's place for the holidays, after a long drive, I arrived home to an empty doorstep...still no Secret Santa! Resigning my self to another day wondering what magnificent items would await me once the gift arrived, I sauntered inside. Hours later, long since the sun had set, the door bell rings. Not wanting more disappointment, I let my roommate answer the door for me. He returns from around the corner with a large package. Could it be?! NO, don't get your hopes up! Wait...it is?! YES!
IMG_2768.png IMG_2769.jpg
The box looked a little worse for wear, but I was just glad I was going to get to open something finally! (I am a very impatient person, haha.) Opening the box, I found a nicely packed and beautifully wrapped present. What could be inside?

IMG_2771.jpg IMG_2772.jpg IMG_2770.jpg
First was a mysteriously stamped box, inside of which was proof that I shall now serve as hand of the king! What an honor. Along with this was an awesome medieval/viking drinking tankard. Wow! These are both so cool, blown away this year.

After some expert level sleuthing on my part, I'm confident in thanking @joshvanrad
for these lovely gifts this year. After inspecting these, I have to ask, did you make them yourself? Fantastic craftsmanship on both. Either way they're still awesome, was just curious. Also, do you happen to know if the tankard is drink-safe? I'm always super paranoid about these kind of things haha. If not, I have the perfect place on my shelf for it, but if it happens to be, I'd love to have many drinks from it in your honor.

Thanks again Josh, and of course to Michael, who without we wouldn't have all this fun each year. Merry Christmas everybody, and Happy New Year!

IMG_2768.png

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

IMG_2772.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back