M

Re: Terminator 2 shotgun: Home made replica

Very nice! Its definitely a prop that's on my list (though I'm planning on making the 'large loop' version used in the truck chase scene). Any parts you found particularly awkward?

Awesome. I'm still thinking how I can get a shotgun. Dutch law forbids me to import an airsoft one because one has to be member of an airsoft club etc. I only want to have it as display, and perhaps some posing with ;-). Would love to try the flip (though with a normal one I would probably break my wrist).

Cool idea to build one yourself. I am not that handy and crafty.

OMG, that looks fantastic! If you ever want to make another, please let me know!

OMG, that looks fantastic! If you ever want to make another, please let me know!

What Funky said. I'm only across the ditch too...

Outstanding job, by the way sir.

That's awesome!

But it is Sydney - got a Replica Firearms Permit...?

That's awesome!

But it is Sydney - got a Replica Firearms Permit...?

Is that really a thing in Sydney? Does it count even if it isn't an actual replica (metal and non-firing)? I mean, I'm just curious, I can see where it could be potentially used in a crime and they would be strict on that kind of thing, But IIRC Cosplay Chris on YT lives in or around Sydney and AFAIK has never mentioned anything other than the run of the mill orange stoppers on the end.

Please forgive my ignorance in the matter, just curious.

Is that really a thing in Sydney? Does it count even if it isn't an actual replica (metal and non-firing)? I mean, I'm just curious, I can see where it could be potentially used in a crime and they would be strict on that kind of thing, But IIRC Cosplay Chris on YT lives in or around Sydney and AFAIK has never mentioned anything other than the run of the mill orange stoppers on the end.

Please forgive my ignorance in the matter, just curious.

Hey, sorry if I alarmed you with my post. But what you have made looks like a sawn-off shotgun, it doesn't matter what it's made of. Carrying it around in a public place (even in a bag on the way to a Cosplay event) is likely to incur the wrath of the police, at the least.

Sorry, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but NSW police have been antsy about these things:

https://www.facebook.com/nswpoliceforce/posts/180388948663511

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data..._Firearms_Permit_FACT_Sheet_Sep_2013_V1.4.pdf

Just a heads up - I'm not tying to be a nanny or anything.

Oh no worries. Not my build. Just a curious third party who has never been to Australia lol.

E: Just read the FB post and holy crap. Man firearms laws are harsh outside the states...even for replicas...here in Kentucky (obvious redneck/hillbilly references apply) we would give our kids those and toss em outside without a second thought. Lol. Just highlights the fact that you should know your local laws.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back