Hasselhoff confirms Knight Rider returns

if they had to update it, the new corvettes would be a good choice. they newer stingrays are damn sexy

I've thought of this too, but I also think it might be too much.
A full blown sports car might be too flashy, and it's only a two seater so no characters in the back seat if story needs it.
KITT was different looking but on the custom car side of things so rather than hey that guy is rich and bought a fancy sports car
it's more on the oh he's a car guy and customized a musclecar. In some of the old episodes it sort of bought him some respect
and opened up some doors.

I can see using the same year Firebird, it still looks great, just update the interior gizmos and add new tricks.
I

Ugh, I disagree. Dated boring design, didn't hold up well at all. Flip up headlights ? 82 qualified as a classic going back to 2007 but you dont exactly see sky high prices for these things.

Ugh, I disagree. Dated boring design, didn't hold up well at all. Flip up headlights ? 82 qualified as a classic going back to 2007 but you dont exactly see sky high prices for these things.

Being over 50 now I can see this where you're coming from, I remember these cars when new, but to young eyes? classics.
Hell I'm amazed at how many third and fourth tier muscle (barely muscle usually) or the huge front bench seat tuna boats as we called them that are coveted now.

Also on the KITT's voice....

I talked to someone today that thought that perhaps with today's abilities to sample and manipulate they might be able to get the voice sounding
more youthful again. I'm sure they still have tons of the 80s voice to sample, perhaps merging that with his voice today? seems plausible.

yeah, they were just starting to retool to resemble the original format more when it was cancelled.
I didn't get that far. I watched the pilot movie and two or three episodes, then decided they had insulted my intelligence enough.

Definitely dated. Like the DeLorean, if it hadn't been used in a popular franchise it would probably have faded into obscurity. Both cars suffered from similar problems--they looked cool for their era, but neither were as fast as they looked and really didn't drive much better than any other car. Their slightly stiffer suspensions and lower stances made them more stable when cornering, but also meant you felt every little bump in the road.

The KR concept suffers from the same problem that James Bond's gadgets do - in the 21st century there is no longer enough room between "common" and "obviously not possible." The gadgets are supposed to be somewhere in between. That's hard to do in a post-Mythbusters world.

The 1982 car is old enough to be classic-ish now (at least when the example is in good shape). But the KITT concept was cutting edge, not retro classic.

It could work to put The Hoff back in the 1982 car for the show. But that's not a whole show. He & KITT could be a supporting characters along with some other younger people I suppose.

As for the KITT voice, I dunno. Even if it could be recreated I doubt it would be financially worthwhile. Probably best to either stick with the original guy while he's alive or else cast someone else.

They could always write it into the fiction that KITT's voice has been changed a bit from the old days. Like maybe mention some big loss-of-data in the past and say they didn't have the software to do KITT's voice quite exactly the same anymore. Etc.

"Sorry about that, Michael. KITT's core memory bank survived. But the user-interface software didn't all make it over. He's the same personality under there but you'll have to get used to a little change in the voice sound. We tried to get close."

It's been done. I actually liked the Mustang GT500KR they used in the 2008 attempt to reboot Knight Rider, but the show itself was just awful.

Yes, that show was terrible. They filmed with crappy digicams that made it look like a student homemade camcorder video and the greenscreen was pathetic.

All they had to do was bring back Hasselhoff full time as the mentor and not have so many useless cast members.
And at least incorporate the original Pontiac somewhere.

All that and the transformers cgi was frankly an insult to the original series. The furthest the original went was a Super Pursuit mode which is actually viable in reality, but the transformers stuff was frankly uncalled for!

They failed miserably.

So have they said what kind of car they are using?
Yes, and here it is!

qNo62I4.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back