Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Does that include Ready Player One, where the OASIS scenes were purposefully meant to look like it was CGed and distinguish the OASIS scenes from the scenes that take place in the Real World?

Nope. Movies were things are not soposed ot look futuristic or like a computer. Example: lets say batman vrs superman .... the battle looked like two cgi computer game people fighting in a city. Movies were the cgi blends well like the new starwars movies or the new jurassic park movie that just came out and you cant tell were the cgi is im ok with.

I'm sure this has been said many times already (maybe even by me), but characters that don't get tired. I get adrenaline rushes and all that, but people should be falling and doing silly, clumsy things in the heat of battle. It's funny that this really struck me during the Clone Wars episode where Ahsoka was on the run; I mean, she covered a LOT of territory, jumping as well. I mean, Jedi powers or not, sheesh!
This fight with Rowdy Roddy Piper and Captain Anderson isn't bad. Better than most anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
When a digital bomb timer is counting down, there's always the pause when it reaches zero before it goes boom...
:facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

When there's an 'end of the world' scenario or a massive explosion so large that the characters see it coming and have time to atone for their sins before being blasted into atoms, they always simply vanish in a white light. Such a gentle and not unpleasant way to go, the way it's shown in the movies, isn't it?
Just once, I'd like to see them thrown through the air, screaming for a split second as they fly into a million pieces, so you know it wasn't a simple matter of "one second you're there and the next, you're not".

When a digital bomb timer is counting down, there's always the pause when it reaches zero before it goes boom...

I ALWAYS countdown with the digital timer. By the time the bomb ACTUALLY goes off I have already; gone potty, refilled my large Mr Pib, drowned my popcorn in butter and found the groove in my chair. And then 4 sec later... BOOOOOM! ;)

For some reason they still haven't perfected CGI characters jumping or landing or live-action characters riding CGI vehicles/beasts still looks awful. I suspect it has something to do with the complex way a body tends to move when a force is applied to it. It's not just about ragdoll physics but a live person has muscle with tension and moves to try to establish balance.

With jumping/landing it's especially awful when the person is supposed to be jumping a superhuman distance. I don't know if it's because they're not contorting the body enough for the effort or if it's because they tend to assume the center of mass is always in the lower abdomen forgetting that, in a body that's moving and contorting, the center of mass is moving all over the place.

A live actor on a moving CGI object is typically simulating large movements. The actor always looks "stuck on" when they should be struggling to maintain footing or even getting popped in the air.

Last edited:
Tumbleweeds in westerns. Those of you who live out west help me out here. Are these plants ever actually attached to the ground? Or do they just pop into existence and roll around? What the hell are these things?

When they're alive they're like any other plant and attached to the ground. They reproduce by dying, detatching at the root, and dropping seeds as the wind rolls them around.

It's an invasive plant, and a fairly recent one---they weren't actually prevalent in the "old west".

When there's an 'end of the world' scenario or a massive explosion so large that the characters see it coming and have time to atone for their sins before being blasted into atoms, they always simply vanish in a white light. Such a gentle and not unpleasant way to go, the way it's shown in the movies, isn't it?
Just once, I'd like to see them thrown through the air, screaming for a split second as they fly into a million pieces, so you know it wasn't a simple matter of "one second you're there and the next, you're not".

I think Rogue One did that exact ending with the Baze Malbus character. You see him jerk to the side when the grenade explodes.

That every time someone drops a Glock in any movie or show it always goes off and kills someone i.e. Soprano's , world war Z .

It was specifically designed with triple failsafe and has the best drop rating of any handgun out there .

It would be like if every time someone fell off a bike while wearing a helmet there head exploded . The complete opposite of what the product is designed for !

That every time someone drops a Glock in any movie or show it always goes off and kills someone i.e. Soprano's , world war Z .

It was specifically designed with triple failsafe and has the best drop rating of any handgun out there .

It would be like if every time someone fell off a bike while wearing a helmet there head exploded . The complete opposite of what the product is designed for !

Speaking of Glocks, it seems almost every time someone pulls one out you hear the sound of it being cockedt. Glocks don't and can't be ******.

Speaking of Glocks, it seems almost every time someone pulls one out you hear the sound of it being cockedt. Glocks don't and can't be ******.

The original Die Hard did this several times and used the exact same sound! GREAT movie... but it was those little things. ;)

I think Rogue One did that exact ending with the Baze Malbus character. You see him jerk to the side when the grenade explodes.
Yeah, but the Death Star "sniper" shot simply takes out the main characters in the end in that conveniently annoying 'white light death' effect I mentioned...

Or every punch to the face sounds like the same ones from Raiders of the Lost Arc... which is awesome!
Or so many movies where each firearm discharge sounds exactly the same. I was watching (John Wayne) "The Alamo" movie the other day and it was hard to listen to the one single sound used countless times in a row.

Speaking of Glocks, it seems almost every time someone
pulls one out you hear the sound of it being cockedt. Glocks don't and can't be ******.

Yeah also every shotgun gets racked and loaded at least twice.
just once I wanna see someone do that, accidentally expelled an unspent cartridge and look at it on the ground like whoops . Then pick it up and reload it .

- - - Updated - - -

Or so many movies where each firearm discharge sounds exactly
the same. I was watching (John Wayne) "The Alamo" movie the other day and it was hard to listen to the one single sound used countless times in a row.

U know every third shot should be a ricochet sound of course !

Or so many movies where each firearm discharge sounds exactly the same. I was watching (John Wayne) "The Alamo" movie the other day and it was hard to listen to the one single sound used countless times in a row.
And none of 'em actually sound like a real gunshot. :rolleyes They're as bad as that "whispery" silencer sound effect they've been using for decades. Yeah, silencers reduce the noise somewhat, but not that much.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back