Bandai release schedule

It's hard to tell on the photos, but the inner mandibles on the new kit may or may not be parallel. The design of the "pod" doesn't look like it requires the inner mandibles to be parallel, so hopefully they're not on ILM's CG model.
10530972a7.jpg

maybe the mandibles move? they "toe in" when there isnt a pod there ;)
That has long been my theory- it makes sense design wise. Solo added some hardware which seems to lock them in place- those two units on the top often described as deflectors, but the original configuration looks like variable geometry wsa intended IMO.

I see some people complaining, but in a way I think it's kind of cool learning the 'history' of a ship. I'm not a big fan of JJ, but as long as it makes sense and the end result is we see the evolution to Han's Falcon that we are used to I'm fine with that. If they do like they are doing over in the Trek world and are just changing things just for the sake of changing things... that's where I start to dislike things.

That has long been my theory- it makes sense design wise. Solo added some hardware which seems to lock them in place- those two units on the top often described as deflectors, but the original configuration looks like variable geometry wsa intended IMO.

That makes sense. I'm sure they will explain the evolution of the design in the movie.

TazMan2000

I'll be completely honest, I was not a fan of the new design when the first photos got leaked / released. I thought it was too much of a departure to take place in a 5 year gap. But I have to say it's grown on me a lot. Realizing that the Falcon we all know and love is still there but hidden under a bunch of cosmetic plating really helped me get there. The forward pod makes perfect sense to me. I fully understand that everyone has their own tastes, but it strikes me as odd that people are so off put by the forward pod. But I know, when something gets you it just gets you, trust me I understand. I'm just on the 'I'm ok with it' side of the fence this time. Now that I have both a DeAgostini and Bandai PG Falcon my dreams have been realized (forget that I still need to build both of them *ahem*). This is just an interesting side take with a very nice McQuarrie lean to it. Gravy. I'm ok with it.

i would love one, if they would knock a zero off the end of that number.

Very hard to pin down a size for the Death Star. Even Star Wars dot com doesn't list a size for either, so it's impossible for us to know how big any kit will end up being.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back