Anakin Starkiller V2 lightsaber show-off thread

With all of these wonderful V.2´s I felt inspired to start work on mine yesterday

Will see, how the weathering turned out, once I removed the stencils :)
Still have to get a M6 square head bolt and a collar shaft

Just file down a regular M6 hex - for me it looks not as regular as all those used square heads. Or it might be a veeery used one.

Already thought about this Michae ;) But I´ll be heading to the hardware store anyway in the next days, since I am in need of a collar shaft.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442930974.981348.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442930989.670348.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442930999.041652.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442931007.013043.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone else used my stencils? I'm curious to know how they turned out. Sold a bunch but haven't seen anyone post.

Has anyone else used my stencils? I'm curious to know how they turned out. Sold a bunch but haven't seen anyone post.

i plan on using yours, i have yet to really tackle mine. i have allot going on in my life right now, last weekend i aged my chrome clamp

heres how i got it, shiny new chrome

IMG_5338.jpg

i then hit it with scotchbrite, then 300 grit paper, then 400 grit, sanded 1 way to simulate grain
IMG_5528.jpg

2 hours in white vinegar vapor bath
IMG_5529.jpg

nice and gross now

IMG_5595.jpg

IMG_5596.jpg

i didnt know if the vinegar would work, i googled some ratrod guys on how they aged chrome and they said vinegar doesnt work on chrome... worked great for me, i now need to start layering it with acrylics

I'm in the same boat. My garage is filled with furniture, so nowhere to work.

Aaaaaany time now I'll get 'er done. Projects are stacking up.

i plan on using yours, i have yet to really tackle mine. i have allot going on in my life right now, last weekend i aged my chrome clamp

heres how i got it, shiny new chrome

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y323/lightningdan/V2 saber/IMG_5338.jpg

i then hit it with scotchbrite, then 300 grit paper, then 400 grit, sanded 1 way to simulate grain
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y323/lightningdan/V2 saber/IMG_5528.jpg

2 hours in white vinegar vapor bath
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y323/lightningdan/V2 saber/IMG_5529.jpg

nice and gross now

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y323/lightningdan/V2 saber/IMG_5595.jpg

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y323/lightningdan/V2 saber/IMG_5596.jpg

i didnt know if the vinegar would work, i googled some ratrod guys on how they aged chrome and they said vinegar doesnt work on chrome... worked great for me, i now need to start layering it with acrylics

Dude, that's brilliant! would have never thought to try that. I just mentally filed that away in my random weathering techniques folder.

Dude, that's brilliant! would have never thought to try that. I just mentally filed that away in my random weathering techniques folder.

the only reason i thought of it was because my friend is into ratrods (i personally cant get into it, i dont understand it, sleepers are cool but ratrods... i just dont get it) anyway, him and his buddies got all kinds of tricks to destroy metals. they were telling me to use muriatic acid. i didnt have any in the shop so i attempted vinegar since they use that on aluminum and stainless to age and dull..

fair warning, they told me not to put the aluminum in muriatic acid for too long it will eat/pit/destroy the aluminum. i think i lost them where i told them i place them in a container sitting out of the actual liquid and use the vapors to do the damage.. i still would be careful with the muriatic vapors

the only reason i thought of it was because my friend is into ratrods (i personally cant get into it, i dont understand it, sleepers are cool but ratrods... i just dont get it) anyway, him and his buddies got all kinds of tricks to destroy metals. they were telling me to use muriatic acid. i didnt have any in the shop so i attempted vinegar since they use that on aluminum and stainless to age and dull..

fair warning, they told me not to put the aluminum in muriatic acid for too long it will eat/pit/destroy the aluminum. i think i lost them where i told them i place them in a container sitting out of the actual liquid and use the vapors to do the damage.. i still would be careful with the muriatic vapors

I don't even know what a ratrod is. is that like some kind of Mad Max hot rod?

I don't even know what a ratrod is. is that like some kind of Mad Max hot rod?

no sorry lol, not movie prop related, its a show car category

rat_rod_by_nightwhitelion2.jpg

these guys like rust, dirt, grime, dents. i just dont understand the category. and its not like its a "poor mans" show car, some of these guys have over 100k into these rust buckets. i just dont understand the class? lol

Awesome work everyone! Hope you don't mind a question about the emitter nipple rod from a newbie! From several Luke 'Hero' plans and various versions on the RPF the blade hole differs from between 7mm and 9mm? Is one of these correct for the V2? Pics of the MOM look to be nearer 7mm to me if the nipple is 19mm in diameter - but it looks a bit small to sturdily hold a 'blade' unless going quite deeply into the neck. Regards :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back