Riddick's clothes

Scorn

I suppose I should of thought ahead, but does any one know the types of pants and boots Riddick wheres? Are they Custom or can they be bought?
Cheers

I'd be quite curious to know what people have used when doing a CoR Riddick costume. Anybody got any hints?

Re: Riddick's clothes

I suppose I should of thought ahead, but does any one know the types of pants and boots Riddick wheres? Are they Custom or can they be bought?
Cheers

they are all custom. his shirts, his pants, his boots, all custom.

I'd be quite curious to know what people have used when doing a CoR Riddick costume. Anybody got any hints?

i use a set of 'outdoor' cargo pants i got from gander mountain as a base. i added the brown seem 'piping' myself and just chalk trace white grid marks on the crotch and inner thighs to match. the columbia sportswear company makes great textured stuff in their pants. id start there

here is a few pics of some of the items i used to build my riddick pants. i have some finishes to make still since i moved but i'll be finishing them at some point. basically a pair of the outdoor cargos, as i stated, some ribbon liner very similar in pattern to what was used, and for the stitched leather grid part of the pants, well u can go a few ways, buy a shirt or fabric with a grid pattern like the walmart shirt i depicted, or take a gel pen and draw the grid...or if u can sew, buy the seuade fabric and stick with light brown the grid and stich em on ur pants. if u cant sew, use heat transfer tape like i depicted. works great. heavy fabric or light fabric it will hold up.
pantsPIPINGlayout.jpgdrawnRUNEshirt.jpggridSHIRT.jpgheatTAPEspoolFABRIC.jpgpantsTAG.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

i didn't show a pic of the finished product yet, but u see how i layed out the piping on it, makes sense. also threw in apic of the hand drawn 'rune vest' tho i abandoned that theory after insanity set in a few hours / days after doing it and went with an iron on approach.

- - - Updated - - -

hope that interests you a bit, im still trying to get ahold of a stunt costume or on screen but till then im building with what i can.

Great progress :thumbsup. If any can help with any details let me know - but just so you know, you're replying to questions that were asked by Scorn and DrMaul in 2006

Great progress :thumbsup. If any can help with any details let me know - but just so you know, you're replying to questions that were asked by Scorn and DrMaul in 2006

yeah i know, i thought id reply simply because since the new riddick came out this year, maybe ppl will be going back and looking at their old riddick posts. and since there was a thread for this already, i didn't start another one. i hate when multiple threads show up. i'll be doing 2 pairs of updating, and keeping the one i like most and probably selling the other so i'll just keep my progress flowing on this page.

here was the original test run of my riddick pants. the pair i showed in earlier posts was the main pair i used due to better coloring and texture. also i used brown spray over a mesh pattern to yeild a better grid effect. but these guys i had laying around and wanted to test . COR Riddick Pants v4 2.jpgCOR Riddick Pants v4.jpg

Last edited:
These are the updated final versions of my home made (modified) riddick COR clothing. the 4.0 was the test run for the style i would use to create the 5.0 and as you can see the 5.0 is much less messy, much sleeker, and has far more character than the 4.0. To my knowledge, no one has attempted the pants to this extent before, but i have seen some great tank top attempts, or one at least. so I am very proud of how good these garments came out. of course also pictured are my custom handled ulaks and my 3.0 bracers yet to be updated. i have also replaced my home made goggles with a rubber set from gothamcity fx.
pants4and5.jpgtanktop4and5.jpgbracers_finished.jpgshiv_wip5.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back