Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Re: Bob the Alien (Giger Alien)

I keep coming back to this thread and I am blow away by the work.You should show your wife all the replies here, so she can see just how amazed everybody is with your work.Then she might have a little more appreciation for this piece and your hard work.:lolAnd again, H.R. Giger himself would be impressed here!!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

I keep coming back to this thread and I am blow away by the work.You should show your wife all the replies here, so she can see just how amazed everybody is with your work.Then she might have a little more appreciation for this piece and your hard work.:lolAnd again, H.R. Giger himself would be impressed here!!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

LOL thanks :) To be fair she's very supportive, she's just not into the film/prop thing like I am, she has different interests.

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor...

:lol Thanks man :)

Simply Amazing Sir!

Well I've glued the rest of the head on now behind the skull part, been waiting for the glue to dry before I can crack on with the shaping.
I'll update with a pic or two later :)

Leigh, how big is your "skull" area? I seem to recall reading that Giger used a real human skull, but also that it was the largest one he could find. Your head looks like it's pretty much the right size overall so I was wondering how big that makes the skull.

Also do you have a copy of the book 'Giger's A L I E N'? If not you might find it useful; then again not sure you need it! :thumbsup

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor...

Can you pick mine up as well, My arms fell off when I saw this thread.

Truly a thing of beauty and obviously a lot passion and talent to make this as good as it is. Glad I popped into the prop forum today. Amazing :cool

Leigh, how big is your "skull" area? I seem to recall reading that Giger used a real human skull, but also that it was the largest one he could find. Your head looks like it's pretty much the right size overall so I was wondering how big that makes the skull.

Also do you have a copy of the book 'Giger's A L I E N'? If not you might find it useful; then again not sure you need it! :thumbsup

Thanks :) I wouldn't have a clue how big it is? I havent measured it, Do you want me to measure it? & if so from where to where?
I do have the book but I've mostly used pics from the internet for reference material :)

Can you pick mine up as well, My arms fell off when I saw this thread.

Truly a thing of beauty and obviously a lot passion and talent to make this as good as it is. Glad I popped into the prop forum today. Amazing :cool

Thanks man :)

First-time sculptor my *****.

You are a professional. Fact.

:lol:lol Cheers:)

Heres the latest:
118.jpg

119.jpg

120.jpg

I'm thinking of using car body filler to smooth off the top & add a little more to the top of the skull part before I get too keen with the clay although I've had a little play with the clay on his face already.

I'm after some constructive critisism please :)

Last edited:

Well, since you asked (I'm reaching here though), and without looking at my refs, I *think* that maybe the top of the human skull area should be a little more rounded off side-to-side? It's very obvious you've paid much closer attention to the proper shape of the overall head than most though, so I may be completely off there. You deserve the praise you're getting, you really do.

:lol:lol Cheers:)

Heres the latest:

118.jpg

119.jpg

120.jpg

I'm thinking of using car body filler to smooth off the top & add a little more to the top of the skull part before I get too keen with the clay although I've had a little play with the clay on his face already.

I'm after some constructive critisism please :)
Ummmm....ok......
Your curtains do not compliment your wallpaper.......other than that, i haven't got anything.

This sculpt is just magnificient!

Rich

Hi, been following and it just keeps getting better!! My wife does not get it either! She often worries what is going to happen next!!! I look forward to seeing the end result. I wish I had a 1/10th of your skill. Keep going!

Well, since you asked (I'm reaching here though), and without looking at my refs, I *think* that maybe the top of the human skull area should be a little more rounded off side-to-side? It's very obvious you've paid much closer attention to the proper shape of the overall head than most though, so I may be completely off there. You deserve the praise you're getting, you really do.

Thanks :) I'd thought about adding a little to the top of the skull to round it more, Hmmm

Ummmm....ok......
Your curtains do not compliment your wallpaper.......other than that, i haven't got anything.

This sculpt is just magnificient!

Rich

:lol LMAO! :lol cheers :)

Hi, been following and it just keeps getting better!! My wife does not get it either! She often worries what is going to happen next!!! I look forward to seeing the end result. I wish I had a 1/10th of your skill. Keep going!

Honestly I think its luck more than skill, Cheers :)

The top of the skull needs to be shaved down on the sides. It should look bell-shaped when looking at it from the front and slightly above. This pics might help some.
¥ª¥È¥Ê¤Î¥ª¥â¥Á¥ã - Yahoo!¥Ö¥í¥°

Yeh, the top needs a little work, I'll shave a bit off the sides & when I add the convoluted pipe it should exaggerate the roundness aswell Cheers :thumbsup.

That Sano 1/3 bust is just superb isn't it & spot on accurate aswell :cool now thats tallent :)

Many thanks guys for the input & of course the complements :)

OK, I've rounded the top of the skull part a wee bit, I've shaved some off the sides & I cut the end of the nose off & completely resculpted his face....

What do you think?
121.jpg

123.jpg

I'm much happier with this face than I was with the previous one :)

Last edited:

Mucho coolness.

Mucho appreciated :thumbsup

This is very cool. Will you be making a latex version filled with foam or just resin ones?

Thanks

My current line of thinking is urethane. I'm not sure how to do it yet though:confused. As I understand it so far, with a mould this size & shape slush casting would be the easiest way (correct me if I'm wrong) as I cant see me being able to get in there with a brush or glass fiber matting. I'm not even sure how to do the mould yet, whether to make it in 2 halfs or 3 as per the original ???

I'd assume the latex/foam would be ideal for costuming?? I'd never intended this to be used in costuming as I have no current plans for a suit to go with the head, its just meant to be a bust. But I suppose once you have a set of moulds it opens up all sorts of options I guess.

I am intending to use a rubber :confused(not sure which to use yet) on the neck & the lip's & tendons.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back