Jabba's Palace Guard blaster

JetSetWilly

Added Palace Guard blaster to the thread :)

Along with Country Paul I made the most of our week of summer and went at my Denix Hoth build. I've been holding out for a MGC but things didn't go as planned so this will do for starters.

I dug out a Denix I've had for a while. The nose was crushed so had to chop it of, I know it would've been better poking through the flash hider but it was a mess.

Cleaned and drilled and tapped.

P1040464_zpsef4d61b4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P1040467_zpscda3bf2c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then tried the mount and pistons before painting.

P1040468_zps7412bbff.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P1040473_zps1358fd24.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then it all went together

P1040537_zps063874b4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P1040539_zps4a13ba1b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The FH isn't fixed yet, after a few coats of paint it doesn't slip on as far as I'd like and the coils aren't fixed yet as I wasn't sure which way round, I think this is right?
Also, the rivets look a little off in the pic but that's just a rare appearance from the sun casting shadows.

All that's left, apart from making the FH and coils good, is to beat him up a little. My wife began the weathering process a little early with her heavy handed approach to gun slinging. I only let her feel guilty for ten minutes before telling her that was the way forward :)

I have to say a big thanks to Michael/Lichtbringer for his quality mount, FH and disc along with Markus/OdiWan72 for their wealth of information. Also KhalDrogo for the real M19, cheers!

Next stop, ANH.

Last edited:
Re: Han Hoth DL-44

Sweet Action man!

For my ESB I chose to go with a Luke, as I already have two Han blasters, but I love this hoth version too.

Oh gosh... please let me not NEED to have all the variants.

It looks great!

Looking great!

If you plan to stick with the =O shaped V8 parts instead of accurate greeblies, I´d recommend to flip the so the smaller end are facing each other....making these look closer to the real deal ;)

I have a (V.3) Hoth blaster in the works myself and will try to paint the "knurling" onto the flashhider.
We´ll see how this works out ;)

HanBlasterHoth.jpg

Markus

Forgot to say....once you´ve been bitten by the blaster bug, you´ll HAVE TO own every incarnation of a prop (in this case...BLAAAAAAASTERS :D)

Take it from a man, who´s addicted himself :lol

Markus

here's a larger pic of the same shot. I tried to upsample it and subtly enhance the details as much as possible without losing them to artifcats (open in new tab/window for full size):

hothleftside.jpg

Don't mean to hijack your build thread, but I'm still trying to figure out the shape of these parts. Vince showed some small pics of them in his new interest thread...

what other evidence is there for this? Crazy... it's a perfect shot... just too low res.

No worries Scott.
I just spotted Vince's thread, I haven't stuck those bits down as I was probably going to add better greebs at a later date.

Look forward to seeing your Hoth version Markus and yes, I'd say I've been well and truly bitten.

Had a play with the scope today Scott and added the knobs and tip from Markus, will get some pics up with the GK.

Cheers

A few pics of the Compaq super 4x31, I added the correct cast knobs and metal tip courtesy of Markus and stuck him on my GK. I also dropped a glass lens in there that I got from a kid's microscope, dremmeled to fit. Just need to paint the new screws and touch in the 'Compaq' on the new knob cast.

I can't take credit for the Blaster, it was Scott's originally as was the scope.
Cheers!

P1040685.JPGP1040686.JPGP1040719.JPGP1040720.JPG

Re: Han Hoth DL-44 & GK

Had a free afternoon so worked on my Palace Guard blaster.
I'd painted it a few weeks ago so just flipped the sight with a little dremeling and attached the side plates.

Still need to sort a mount for the scope and as with all my blasters I need to weather it. Think I'll save them all up and have a weathering fest at the end :)

I'm happy with it so far.

Where's everybody getting those 'tri' discs for their Hoth blaster scope mounts? I keep seeing them but don't recall anyone ever offering them for sale!

Had a free afternoon so worked on my Palace Guard blaster.
I'd painted it a few weeks ago so just flipped the sight with a little dremeling and attached the side plates.

Still need to sort a mount for the scope and as with all my blasters I need to weather it. Think I'll save them all up and have a weathering fest at the end :)

I'm happy with it so far.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk18/matspratt/P1050060_zps17929d62.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk18/matspratt/P1050061_zps73179504.jpg

what did you use for the sight greeblie... the ones that's attached to the sight under the barrel...(pen cap?)

I wander are those metal shaped pieces on the side are from the same thing used on the reveal helmet, after all they appear in the same movie?

You’d have to ask Markus as all the parts came from him, naturally :)
I’ll have a look and take some better pics if you like.

what did you use for the sight greeblie... the ones that's attached to the sight under the barrel...(pen cap?)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back