NEW SW Prop pics!

SethS

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well-- not NEW new... but a few things some people might find helpful and/or interesting.

First, Adywan's ESB revisited came out. I took some screengrabs of his restored image on a couple of our favorite shots:

esb_revist.jpg

esb_revist2.jpg

As far as ON SCREEN props go-- I think I'm 100% in the screw camp now.

- - - Updated - - -

And next-- new scans from the Chronicles book. The book images themselves aren't the greatest, but I think these are big enough for detail observation...

Lightsabers:

obi_chron.jpg

vader_chron.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

...and the DL-44 shots...

DL44_ANHTOP_chron.jpg

DL44_ANH_chron.jpg

DL44_GK_chron.jpg

DL44_IM_chron.jpg
DL44_MS_chron.jpg

Seth you are the man! I too jumped right away at seeing the black clamp screw. Clear as day now, in also sold that those are black Phillips head screws on those grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a black screw on the clamp band as well-- prob the same as the grips. But I still see how it could be corrosion too. But I'm keeping the black screw on mine.

The speeder shot-- I'm trying to tell if there's now clamp screw on that one, or if it is just hidden.

But yeah-- no way it's rivets with any on-screen prop.

Is the red button missing from the button knob, or is it just in shadow?

Damn Seth why did you have to say that... now you got the placebo effect going on with me.

I never thought of it missing until you mentioned it and it sure does look like it could be doesn't it?

esb_revisit3.jpg

Here's the one on-screen shot with silver-looking fasteners.

Call me crazy but this looks either like the black screws are half worn to silver, or we're just seeing holes in the grips to the base metal. Hard to say. Can't rule rivets out entirely-- but logically speaking, prop dudes work fast. Jamming in some screws is a hell of a lot faster than drilling and popping in rivets.

There's promo pics that look like rivets. And I'm pretty sure this is what Shane Johnson was using when he made the tech journal-- which to me, is what cemented rivets into acceptance.

If anyone wants to grab their own stills, the shots are (in order of my posting) The R2 bumping into Luke shot on Bespin, Luke crawling out of the crashed speeder, the Wampa cave, and when he first hits the ground when the Wampa attacks Luke the first time.

Seth do u have a large picture of the wampa cave shot? I would like to have it framed. Hoping to get a nice 5 x 7 ish size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just the one I posted-- If you want a specific frame, let me know and I'll do my best to grab it.

37476e3b840def522d266f8e99172c61.jpg

I cropped it Seth, 1628 x 738 it should work fine for me! Thanks, I'm gonna print and frame it. I have a blurry one in my display case I was never happy with

6c0b993b3dda83a6529e458a231fee66.jpg

I still say at least two of those Wampa cave grips are misshapen. the vertical fin is half the height too..

- - - Updated - - -

Also, thank GOD we have lots of screw proof now, Seth, you're wonderful

I still say at least two of those Wampa cave grips are misshapen. the vertical fin is half the height too..

- - - Updated - - -

Also, thank GOD we have lots of screw proof now, Seth, you're wonderful

The grip to the left of the 2 rivets. When studying for my dagobah saber, I always thought the tip of the grip was in the snow.

Now you can clearly see on the opposite side there is a "short stubby" grip that matches the grip on the left of the rivets....

What you think tom? These suckers are casts..? Shrunk maybe? Wrapped?

The grip to the left of the 2 rivets. When studying for my dagobah saber, I always thought the tip of the grip was in the snow.

Now you can clearly see on the opposite side there is a "short stubby" grip that matches the grip on the left of the rivets....

What you think tom? These suckers are casts..? Shrunk maybe? Wrapped?

Gino said the ends can look weird because of the way they sloppily cut them.

Seeing these pictures, you're right, the entire grip is shrunken. Maybe they were bad casts? (running our of T strip: cut one perfect one and make a mold)

Or they were so used, beat up and altered on set they ended up this way? Can't imagine that. But this WAS a fighting stunt. They used a short blade in the snow to wiggle it.

Gino said the ends can look weird because of the way they sloppily cut them.

Seeing these pictures, you're right, the entire grip is shrunken. Maybe they were bad casts? (running our of T strip: cut one perfect one and make a mold)

Or they were so used, beat up and altered on set they ended up this way? Can't imagine that. But this WAS a fighting stunt. They used a short blade in the snow to wiggle it.

I'm also wondering if heat has anything to do with it.

Was it stored in the hot sun? Granted this was shot on cold locations, but when it was made where was it stored?

Did they have to use heat to remove the grips and re glue them once they stared falling off due to the cold?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back