Bandai release schedule

The boy in me is upset for all this smallness, but the adult in me begin to appreciate it, because a couple of 1/48 big kits could eat half of my exposition space (living in a small/medium flat with wife an daughter, so... big models=less models... ;)

I'll gladly build this AT-AT, but would definitely like to see bigger kits. I think that once the kits start hitting the stores in the US via the official distributor, Bandai will have a better idea of just what the market is here, and if they like what they see will release some bigger kits for this market. In the meantime, looking forward to the 1/72 TIE striker!

The 1/144 AT-AT fits in with most of Bandai's other SW vehicle models as far as shelf space needed to display it. Other than the 1/48 x-wing, do any of the other vehicles take up much more than a 6x6 inch area?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The 1/144 AT-AT fits in with most of Bandai's other SW vehicle models as far as shelf space needed to display it. Other than the 1/48 x-wing, do any of the other vehicles take up much more than a 6x6 inch area?

So, box scale it is then?

Yeah, I wouldn't call Bandai idiots. They have given us more SW kits than any other company in history. They have all been insanely detailed (no matter the size) and reasonably priced. What more could you ask for? Bigger kits for me. Bandai for the most part has done what no other company dared to do. Their release schedule is crazy.

100% agreed!

Enough whining and xenophobic remarks about the Japanese, folks.

Every corporation sells what it sells to make money. Not to satisfy one individual's wishes personally. Get over it.

Before Bandai, count up all the high quality, affordable, accurate, and detailed Star Wars kits that were out there.

So, box scale it is then?
What I am describing is display scale, not box scale. Vehicles with a smaller footprint (snowspeeder and AT-ST) are 1/48, others like the X-wing and TIE fighters are 1/72, larger vehicles are 1/144. The finished models typically fit in an approximately 6x6 inch square.

What I am describing is display scale, not box scale. Vehicles with a smaller footprint (snowspeeder and AT-ST) are 1/48, others like the X-wing and TIE fighters are 1/72, larger vehicles are 1/144. The finished models typically fit in an approximately 6x6 inch square.

Seems to me to be a distinction without a difference.

While I do wish Bandai would release more kits in a larger scale (1:48 Y-Wing for example) I do live their small kits. The attention to detail and the fine tooling is remarkable.
For me the best news about the new ATAT kit is that they are returning to the Original Trilogy subjects once again.

Seems to me to be a distinction without a difference.
I don't own any of the character models, but I suspect some of them have much larger boxes than the 1/72 vehicles, but the display footprint is similar. They seem to be more concerned with width and depth of the finished model than height of the model or the box size.

Very tempted by the AT-AT.... It's a slightly better size than the F-Toys. If only there were Snow Speeders and AT-STs in the same scale...

I'm delighted! I've not posted on here in ages, but I think it is time for me to build a new diorama! I'm currently working on a Falcon and I can hands down say it is the best kit I've ever had.

I'm delighted! I've not posted on here in ages, but I think it is time for me to build a new diorama! I'm currently working on a Falcon and I can hands down say it is the best kit I've ever had.
Agreed, Bandai 1/144 Falcon kit is incredible, as is their 1/72 Y-Wing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back