New alternative for Solo Blaster

As starting points, comparing the Kyairsoft and Evike, are they both pretty much the same? They look the same to me, but I am as far from knowledgeable about guns as a person can get.

As starting points, comparing the Kyairsoft and Evike, are they both pretty much the same? They look the same to me, but I am as far from knowledgeable about guns as a person can get.

Evike is selling the same AW Customs blasters as KY. ArmorerWorks does the actual work, as I understand it. The box I ordered from KY Airsoft (directly) is covered with ArmorerWorks graphics. The Evike listing lists the manufacturer as "AW Custom", the same company.

It's entirely possible I'm wrong, of course, but seems pretty unlikely to me, given the various little details that would be miraculous to get wrong in the exact same way. ;) I'd be a little surprised if anyone actually bought both and can compare side-by-side, however.

By the way, contacted Dark Energy Creations to try to get the metal grill separately since that was the one major problem I had, and they were nice enough to put up a new separate product order for one if anyone wants one:

http://darkenergycreations.com/grillsettfa.aspx

What base airsoft is it designed to fit? The WE Mauser that the Evike/KY kit is built on is wider than the HFC, which itself is significantly wider than a Denix.

Edit: I went back and re-measured because I realized I took caliper readings at different spots on the WE and HFC. They ended up being very similar: 0.91 inches at the front with a gradual taper to approx 0.925 inches under the back edge of the radiator piece. A DEC grill designed for the HFC should fit the WE with little (if any) modification.

Last edited:
I know that the AW kit sold by both evoke and KY is 7/8" wide. I've bought two different grills so far that are to thin.

I know that the AW kit sold by both evoke and KY is 7/8" wide. I've bought two different grills so far that are to thin.

Interesting. Which two did you try, to save others the time? Do you have any pics?

While they wouldn't be perfect (obviously), I wonder if 3D-printed grills would be the way do go? With a 3D printer it would be child's play to scale up the model by 5% (or whatever factor you want) to help out. The main issue with 3D printed grills, assuming you spend some time sanding them to eliminate print lines, is they lack the taper to the point that the original radiator pieces had. But the actual size problem with be easy to resolve.

And just to provide a little more precise data, I just pulled out my calipers, and the width of that front grill measured out at 23.4 mm (about .92 inches)

Last edited:
It's on the HFC apparently. Do you know the difference in thickness between the KY and HFC?

I went back and re-measured because I realized I took caliper readings at different spots on the WE and HFC. They ended up being very similar: 0.91 inches at the front with a gradual taper to approx 0.925 inches under the back edge of the radiator piece.

So a DEC grill designed for the HFC should fit the WE with little (if any) modification.

Evike buys and resellers a lot of guns. Thier Pulse Rifle is actually the one made by Snow Wolf, but no mention of the name on Evike.

I went back and re-measured because I realized I took caliper readings at different spots on the WE and HFC. They ended up being very similar: 0.91 inches at the front with a gradual taper to approx 0.925 inches under the back edge of the radiator piece.

So a DEC grill designed for the HFC should fit the WE with little (if any) modification.

Fantastic, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, anyone know where you can get replacement lenses that would actually magnify?

This Halloween "I got a rock!"

I had to return my Evike order. The threads on front scope mounting disk wasn't properly cut and wouldn't tighten.
My hope was that they would send a new disk but they wanted the entire kit returned.

Minus that one defect, it was a great looking blaster just hope the replacement doesn't have any other issues.
But it sucks that an order originally sent via two day shipping.... but the replacement still hasn't been shipped after it was received on Tuesday.

Evike Strikes Out! This is a two pitch game.

Second blaster is worse than the first. First was just a bad scope mount knob.

This one ...The Scope is jammed on the frame and won't come apart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst thing is its too far forward and can't get to the, currently covered, small set screw so even if I wanted too can't mount it flush to the pistol frame.

Good job guys. Replace the original with an even more defective product.

Did yours come pre-assembled? From what I have read the parts all come individually wrapped and you put it together.

Did yours come pre-assembled? From what I have read the parts all come individually wrapped and you put it together.

Mine came partially assembled. The base gun had the mounting posts already screwed in, grill snapped in place. The scope was clamped in the mount, and the scope clamp was mounted to the cross bar.

All I had to do was attach the whole scope assembly via the two thumb screws, yank out the plastic orange barrel tip, and attach the flash hider/bull barrel assembly.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back