Anovos Problems

mrburns385

Does anyone know how to get Anovos to actually resolve customer service issues? Considering how much money one spends on their products, you'd think the company would actually try to ensure decent customer relations instead of cranking out as many products as possible, the rest be damned.

I ordered the Premier Line Han Solo ESB outfit and holster rig July 2015. By November 2016, they finally arrived. I had someone else measure me to make sure I chose the right sizes. However, the shirt and jacket were incredibly tight. And the cheap snaps used on the shirt wouldn't stay closed. On the off chance someone assumes I'm just a fatass and fudged the measurements, the pants fit just fine. Sizing issues aside, when I went to assemble the belt, one of the snaps was not riveted in properly when it was assembled.

I contacted their live chat support and received what started as excellent service. Almost immediately responded. Very helpful. Started the process on their customer service site on November 22nd, gave them the pictures they requested, then didn't hear anything from them for four days when they gave me options. I responded later that day on November 26th. After that, I didn't hear anything until December 6th when I contacted their live chat again and was assured I would be contacted shortly with resolution. It's now December 13th and still nothing.

Now tell me, when someone drops this kind of money for a product, any product, is customer service not a concern? It's incredibly disappointing. I met a company rep at the 2011 Las Vegas Star Trek convention and was beyond impressed by their products. The promise of exacting craftsmanship and the quality of the work was incredibly appealing to me. And the rep in the booth seemed like a great guy too. It's just unfortunate.

Has anyone else had similar issues with this company and/or know who I might contact to resolve this issue?

If you use the search function you will find several threads about this exact concern with ANOVOS. Unfortunate that their customer service seems to be an ongoing problem no matter how many times they post on FB that they are working to do better.

Only one way to resolve these types of issues. Hobby-wide. Consumers have to demand better, with your wallets.

Start expecting these companies to do as the rest of the other companies in the business world do...perform, or go out of business. I have never seen any business segment where the customers pay 100% up front and "finance" their own product. Think about that...as a customer, would you walk into Wal-Mart, and "buy" a Basketball, pay the $18.99 then say "whenever you can get it to me"? I think not.

I completely understand the nature of the "fan made" issue. Some folks are great at the craft, do a great piece, and someone else wants one...so they send them money, and wait. Completely understand. Individuals are not going to go get a "business credit line" to create things others want. However, a few of these particular Companies are businesses. If they plan on selling items, then they should set it up like any other business, finance, produce, sell. The "risk" involved in this business it seems, is all on the consumer. I have seen some horror stories in the Darth Vader prop world, and it is sad to see. The "Sith" in some, I guess!

Heck, I guess I''l just let everyone know, I can do anything you need, any piece you need from any genre, movie, whatever...send me the money first, and you'll get it when I either find one or make one, and you'll get what I send you, no matter what. I'll mark it up to make a great profit, and then...well, you get the drift. Of course I am kidding, but I just think these folks need to be held accountable, and if they are going to be "businesses", then they should act like it. Customer Service is a huge part of that. Sorry for the rant, and I most certainly am not picking just on Anovos. I just think if anyone is expecting me to part with my money for 1-2 years...for nothing...then I will find those who can deliver faster and with the same quality.

Far too many people that are extremely talented out here to have to tolerate that kind of Customer Service, wait times, and other fallacies I see.

Just an opinion from a newbie who thinks this is a great craft and has seen some incredible pieces from some incredible artisans. This is one of the parts of it, that does get me a little. Just the newness in me, I suppose. You get what you expect, and I say we should expect better from the "businesses".

Paying up front is extremely common in this community. That isn't the issue. When I sold here I asked for money up front. Some of my runs came in way late. It was easy for me to manage because I didn't have to go through licenses, multiple suppliers, or deal with thousands of customer questions and complaints. I think anovos is a very exciting company going through growing pains. Not entirely excusable, but not completely uncommon.

I have never seen any business segment where the customers pay 100% up front and "finance" their own product.

Not familiar with Kickstarter?

As benhs1898 stated - this is how a lot of the runs here at the RPF are done - maybe not 100% up front but at least a deposit to get the ball rolling.

I agree 100% on the points. Again, I get the fan made aspect. And like you said, nothing wrong with deposits for buying a place in line for a run for a quality piece of art from someone who has a special talent or piece. I suppose my point was more about the customer service part, lack of communication sometimes and the "businesses" who are having customers provide 100% business financing and are then not responsive or accountable for the excessive waits or quality issues. Not picking on just this one vendor.

Again, I offer no more than a "newbie" point of view / opinion. That is all. I meant no harm. I happen to have my $ laid out for 3 items "under a run" as we speak. I get the idea in principle for fan made memoribilia. I promise. Just saying more customer service should be expected. All I was saying.

Ordered OT TK ensemble on May 2nd, 2015. Still waiting. Not a word from Anovos as to why they keep pushing back the promised delivery date. Klassy with a 'K'.

Their facebook handler says go to online chat, the online chat says they don't know anything other than what the release calendar says (and doesn't even work in the same state as Anovos). So nothing online knows anything. The release calendar just changes to the next quarter when the promised quarter ends.

So I try to get answers here since this seems to be the only place where someone who actually works for Anovos responds--still waiting for an answer from Got Maul.

Regardless, good luck with the low quality product you received from them. I hope they make it right for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered OT TK ensemble on May 2nd, 2015. Still waiting. Not a word from Anovos as to why they keep pushing back the promised delivery date. Klassy with a 'K'.

Their facebook handler says go to online chat, the online chat says they don't know anything other than what the release calendar says (and doesn't even work in the same state as Anovos). So nothing online knows anything. The release calendar just changes to the next quarter when the promised quarter ends.

So I try to get answers here since this seems to be the only place where someone who actually works for Anovos responds--still waiting for an answer from @Got Maul.

Regardless, good luck with the low quality product you received from them. I hope they make it right for you.

Agreed with 2 weeks left in this quarter live chat cant/wont say exactly when items will ship, a left hand right hand analogy comes to mind

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back