ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Before the Vader helmet recently started shipping, two out of the three products shipped by Anovos were from TFA. The FO helmet and 501st FO kit. These were put up for sale much after the long delayed OT products. Is it just coincidence that the items from the new movie were pushed through much more quickly? Maybe Anovos made that decision, but those items were produced much quicker than the OT products.

Are those actually shipping in mass quantities now? Last I was aware, they shipped out the initial batch, and the rest of the orders have yet to be filled on the FO kits.

Before the Vader helmet recently started shipping, two out of the three products shipped by Anovos were from TFA. The FO helmet and 501st FO kit. These were put up for sale much after the long delayed OT products. Is it just coincidence that the items from the new movie were pushed through much more quickly? Maybe Anovos made that decision, but those items were produced much quicker than the OT products.

We have no idea when the TFA items went into development. We only know when they offered them for presale. TFA items (as any new and yet to be released movie) are under terms of nondisclosure agreement. So it is entirely possible that TFA items that were first offered for resale may have had more development progress than say you OT items that they could show and start pre-orders at any time.

Didn't notice this the first time I glanced at the most recent Anovos email. Can anyone identify this? Pretty sure it's a belt buckle, but I don't recognize it at all. (Silly question, I realize. Of course someone here will know what it is!) Hoping it's nothing so obvious as to make me look silly... :lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    477.9 KB · Views: 75
We have no idea when the TFA items went into development. We only know when they offered them for presale. TFA items (as any new and yet to be released movie) are under terms of nondisclosure agreement. So it is entirely possible that TFA items that were first offered for resale may have had more development progress than say you OT items that they could show and start pre-orders at any time.

I'm sure the TFA items were in development before they were announced. Disney wanted to get the FO kits out to 501st members for appearances. Disney and Anovos wanted to have the standard FO helmets available to take advantage of when TFA was getting the most attention.

My point is they are able to move the products through the process when both sides are motivated to get them released. If one side doesn't view a product as high of a priority as another product, the lower priority will wait.

Are those actually shipping in mass quantities now? Last I was aware, they shipped out the initial batch, and the rest of the orders have yet to be filled on the FO kits.

If you are referring to the FO kits, no they are not shipping to regular customers. They had a special run for members of the 501st so they could build the kits and do appearances in the new armor.

The new kits are supposed to be easier to build than the 501st kits. The people that received the 501st kits said they were challenging to build.

Didn't notice this the first time I glanced at the most recent Anovos email. Can anyone identify this? Pretty sure it's a belt buckle, but I don't recognize it at all. (Silly question, I realize. Of course someone here will know what it is!) Hoping it's nothing so obvious as to make me look silly... :lol

*Luke Skywalker Belt Rig: COMING SOON Current estimated delivery: Q1 2017

- - - Updated - - -

It's worth noting that they've updated the Star Wars updates page ~4 times in the past month. Progress!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this and I have to wonder what exactly is coming with the rig.

When the holster first went on sale, I asked a few times what the materials were being used for the droid caller and other bits. Finally they admitted they would be plastic. When the rig missed the first or second or third or whatever delivery date, they came back and said that they were upgrading the caller to metal. Now I have to wonder if they are going to revert back to plastic and try to get people to buy the metal ones at upgrades.

Here is what has been said so far...

June 10, 2014
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=212164&page=6&p=3333890&viewfull=1#post3333890

I was interested in what the droid caller, cylinder, and greebles were constructed from.

June 11, 2014
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=212164&page=6&p=3335430&viewfull=1#post3335430

What materials are being used for the greeblies and droid caller?

Frank - they will be made with high impact plastic & metal parts where needed (pins). BUT, they will be direct from the screen used pieces ...not seen on screen...because they were in pouches.

J

Are you grouping the droid caller in that statement as well? Is it that all plastic as well? Just curious as I have been troubled with looking for a decent droid caller replica.

For this set and to make it cost effective, yes, droid caller will be of the same material. We might revisit an upgrade set with metal components, but no plans are definite for that direction.

Aug 13, 2015
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=212164&page=18&p=3726587&viewfull=1#post3726587
...The good news on the belt rig is that they are on US soil being packaged for shipment. The end is very near on this project...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=212164&page=18&p=3726860&viewfull=1#post3726860
...As for the upgrades, the email for the han solo stuff will come out. There is one automatic upgrade in there that I think you will be quite pleased to hear about, considering it is our form of mea culpa for being so late. Just keep an eye out for this as I am pushing to have the letter sent either this or next week...

Sept 1, 2015
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=212164&page=21&p=3745228&viewfull=1#post3745228

Newsletter just came:

...https://gallery.mailchimp.com/d364b...ages/3f066d7b-e586-4181-bd5b-a5db21499618.png

*Han Solo Holster Rig: Production complete. Pending safety testing and packaging. We’ve also taken the liberty of updating the Droid Caller. The caller is now full metal construction and will be provided at no additional charge to those who purchased the rig. Again, it’s the very least we can do for a project that has taken so long to deliver. Current estimated delivery: November 2015

...Team ANOVOS

-----------------------

Last edited:
So, I heard a rumor that there's been a falling out with Cal....

Might explain why most of the new sculpts are different. Heard there's a lot of complaints regarding the newer AT-AT driver helmet too. Anyone hear of this?

In a comment later yesterday they did go ahead and confirm that the metal one comes with the belt:

It is indeed! If you have pre-ordered the Han Solo belt rig, no need to order this Droid Caller. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got told by a guy called Heath who was at the Anovos booth at Celebration that the Luke Bespin and Imperial officer were being boxed as we spoke, I think however with lack of an update on the webpage that could be a lie

If the metal ones are coming with the belt, and the metal caller is now moved to preorder - I can only assume that the rig is further delayed. Glad I went with Todd's when I did, but honestly, we all could have learned leather crafting and metal work in this time and have had our own.

Here's the story on the new droid caller from SDCC. The holster is almost ready. The thing that's holding it up is that Disney is insisting they package all the greeblies and the droid caller in individual boxes because they plan on selling them at the Disney Parks. So the belt will come in a box, with three smaller boxes inside to hold the accessories.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back