Donnie Darko Frank the Bunny - Original Mold

Hello everyone. I'm the one who bought #6 on Ebay. I look forward to the mask ^ _ ^ I hope that the Russian post will not lose anything. When it comes, I show you a proof-photo. Not to stereotypes, it was not "a sort of scary deal" =))
Some believe that it was overpriced? I do not agree and I am very happy purchase. In the end, it's not just a "replica". Sorry for pure english.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I'm the one who bought #6 on Ebay. I look forward to the mask ^ _ ^ I hope that the Russian post will not lose anything. When it comes, I show you a proof-photo. Not to stereotypes, it was not "a sort of scary deal" =))
Some believe that it was overpriced? I do not agree and I am very happy purchase. In the end, it's not just a "replica". Sorry for pure english.

If you're a real collector and a real fan, then kudos on the purchase. I have had some scary "what could have happened" deals with overseas people. A lot of people are sour and bored of it.

But to be honest, I know this mask will be worth more than that in 10 years, so I don't feel you got taken.

CW BMX came out with a 24" Phaze 1 frame in your custom option. They sold for $1000 maybe 2 years ago. One person has sold theirs on ebay since and got $4000. Because there were only 20, not 1,500 or so, but 20. I think it's the most worthy investment I could have made. My goal is not to "have to sell" this within 3 years and hopefully 5-10. I am sure I will eventually find a woman who doesn't mind replicas, but I am sure I won't be lucky enough to have a woman who wants this in the house while I have kids.

When I went to Phil Tippet's studio they had a lot of stuff on display like the Garthak from Coneheads, and the foam deteriorated fairly badly over 20 years. I am hoping this foam lasts a lot longer. It's so much fun to look at.

Hi Art,

Number 8 made it's way to Scotland and it is a most impressive piece in hand.

DSC04021.JPG

Welcome to the RPF Vladimir! You should see your mask by the end of the week :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it wasn't necessarily a call out, I knew you have been busy with this. Thanks again, I love it. My dad and I always place $1 bets on Pawn Stars, Antiques Roadshow to see who can come closest to the right guess on price. I am pretty good at it, so my prediction is $3250.

Anywhere here is Frank in his new home. I will make a custom case for this but for now a $65 IKEA Deltof works fine. I just wish I could have used the top two shelves for him
View attachment 185706View attachment 185707

i think you can. just "drill" out the hole in the dummy head a little more so that the post goes in further... lowering the mask a little. that will give you just enough room to get it on the top half instead of it being in the middle.

another fairly easy option... cut your detolf in half. glass is super easy to cut... simply cut your glass down by 24" (or whatever) and then use a dremel to vut down the support "beams" on the detolf by the same measurement. sounds a little scary, but really easy... 15 minute project.

nice, i bet people are going to love it!

i'd love to have a suit with the mask i got from you. if you or the person you're working with ever think about making them to sell, i'd be interested.

have a blast at Comic Con!

Hi All!!! If you have any questions about the suit please feel free to message me here or through my FB page. Or you can email me at eveningarwen@aol.com. I'm not on the RPF as often as I used to be but I still try to check in at least once week at the minimum. Like Art said, there's still some mods in the works but we have a pretty tight handle on what needs to be fixed for it to be even better.

I got sick to my stomach finding this thread just now. I had finally given up after years of searching probably only a few months before this one was started. ugh. :facepalm

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back