NEW Blade Runner 2049 J.W. bottle - PICTURES PAGE 8

True it's not a 100 percent match.
True we are the RPF and we strive for accuracy.
True there is no practical way we can transform the commercially found one into an exact replica as seen on screen.
I get it.

Still, I'm I the only one that appreciates this for what it is and am happy that I have a very close approximation to what's seen on screen?

Yea, I'm super happy about mine. It'll never 100% accurate but I can live with that.

For what the price is, the new take on the bottle and the tasty scotch, I'm A-okay.

Still, I'm I the only one that appreciates this for what it is and am happy that I have a very close approximation to what's seen on screen?

I'm ridiculously happy with mine. Happy for a bottle that simply looks like it came from the universe to go with my Cibis. Now, if reservebar would only ship my second bottle!

True there is no practical way we can transform the commercially found one into an exact replica as seen on screen.
I get it.

It wasnt a hate session on the bottle, I`m one of the few that liked the design when details came out many moons ago, it was simply a description of the differences between the two bottles and to raise the discussion if it was a plastic bottle or not. The negativity came from you.

I prefer the screen used bottle, the stubby cap just makes it look that much more unique and futuristic. And I noticed in IMAX that Gosling's tumblers didn't look that asymmetrical and odd like the Bromioli's do. They looked pretty normal to me.

I get it.

Nope you are not alone as my previous comments suggested. For a bottle actually made by Johnnie Walker as a limited edition to celebrate the release of Blade Runner 2049 I could not be happier. This is only enhanced by the golden liquid that comes with it ;).

This is not unlike the release of the Pepsi Perfect bottles......not screen accurate but everybody wanted one because it was Pepsi Perfect actually made by Pepsi!

Let's just celebrate that we can get a Johnnie Walker Blade Runner whisky bottle actually made by Johnnie Walker :thumbsup

I'm desperate, still trying to get a bottle on ebay now, trying to keep a maximum of 110€ plus shipping cost and no one is accepting my offers, it's always more than 175€ which is crazy...
still no one here that would buy it on amazon.de or amazon.es and send it to me for a nice price?
I really don't get why France and Belgium were just totally ignored by johnnie walker, it really pisses me off :cry

I really don't get why France and Belgium were just totally ignored by johnnie walker, it really pisses me off :cry

We always get the short end of the stick with this sort of things.

Guess i'll have to fork out the cash and order from the US. Customs will like me.

well you can just order from germany and spain on ebay, to avoid the taxes, but the prices are still too high for me.

Not at all, I 100% agree on this; It's nice that the film production are taking the time these days to provide fans of the film the opportunity to purchase some decent Merch...

I drink JW black label all the time so for me £99 on a limited edition bottle isn't too much to ask either. I'd have expected a higher cost. If you look at Blue label for example thats £200 a bottle.

well you can just order from germany and spain on ebay, to avoid the taxes, but the prices are still too high for me.

I would bro but just checked and they wont ship to the UK from either amazon, and they have been unavailable on the UK site for sometime. Plus Amazon UK limited us to one purchase per account so I couldn't even order 2.

no I meant from ebay there. I have the same issue with amazon, so I'm well aware of the situation, sadly :cry

It seems that the movie and retail bottles are very different.

The movie version does not have as tall a neck which I think allowed them to simply cut the cap in half. The label is higher on the movie bottle and has some text higher on the label. The walking man logo on the movie bottle and is bigger.

None of these things can be done to the retail bottle so I`m thinking they may have used plastic versions on set just as they did in the original.

If this post about the JW BR 2049 bottles in a thread about JW BR 2049 bottles that was aiming at a discussion about the movie bottle is out of place, apologies. It clearly belongs in the Dexter thread.

If this post about the JW BR 2049 bottles in a thread about JW BR 2049 bottles that was aiming at a discussion about the movie bottle is out of place, apologies. It clearly belongs in the Dexter thread.

Lighten up, Francis. :lol

It seems that the movie and retail bottles are very different.

The movie version does not have as tall a neck which I think allowed them to simply cut the cap in half. The label is higher on the movie bottle and has some text higher on the label. The walking man logo on the movie bottle and is bigger.

None of these things can be done to the retail bottle so I`m thinking they may have used plastic versions on set just as they did in the original.

I don't think anyone here was suggesting that anything you said was wrong and yes the bottle is not entirely screen accurate as you said. It is quite possible that a plastic version was used in the movie, if for nothing else safety reasons. After TFA door accident I doubt that any studio was going to risk Harrison Ford dropping a heavy glass bottle on his foot or cutting himself if it broke ;)

Finally was able to pick up my bottle from the shipping company this morning (since I missed the deliver). This thing is gorgeous. A little smaller than I was expecting, but it feels great in your hand. It's gonna look great on my bar. And I think people who have no frame of reference for the movie will still appreciate the uniqueness when they see it.

FullSizeRender 22.jpgFullSizeRender 21.jpg

has anyone heard anything from reservebar? i got an email response from them last wednesday saying they were waiting for their distributor, and now that ive purchased it nearing two weeks ago im getting a bit annoyed with they lack of information in responses.

just curious how long we all have to wait on reservebar's distributor...

has anyone heard anything from reservebar? i got an email response from them last wednesday saying they were waiting for their distributor, and now that ive purchased it nearing two weeks ago im getting a bit annoyed with they lack of information in responses.

just curious how long we all have to wait on reservebar's distributor...

I reached out to them about mine and i received the following :

"We apologize for the delay.
This bottle (Johnnie Walker Black Label® The Director’s Cut) is a limited edition, and is being fulfilled on a first come, first serve basis.
We are presently waiting for more inventory to be able to fulfill your order.
You will receive an update as soon as we have more information on when the next shipment of this product will arrive."

More than slightly annoying since I know that I was one of the earlier orders placed and I've since been able to source a bottle locally. Tempted to cancel and get a refund from reservebar.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back