Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

We here in Germany really hard with the 1/72 Falcon.
For the falcon 500 $ on Ebay + shipping + German Zoll makes a value of about 700-800$.
This is just way too much for me :cry

It will settle down....hopefully

For a while you'll get the opportunists, then, perhaps we will get a realistic price

J

Yeah, model dealers mostly. In my limited experience, your CC or bank account doesn't get charged until the item is in stock and is or has shipped (which seems like a good biz practice). So I was surprised when the full amount was charged to my account immediately. I have to assume these guys are confident they are getting X number of kits from Japan. Otherwise, they have a lot of chargebacks to do. Or....they whole thing is a sham and they just scammed a bunch of naive SW geeks. :)

Maybe they need the money to buy the kits from their japanese "smuggler"...

We here in Germany really hard with the 1/72 Falcon.
For the falcon 500 $ on Ebay + shipping + German Zoll makes a value of about 700-800$.
This is just way too much for me :cry

Luckily we have Revell's superior kits in large quantities.

Joke aside. It's really a pain.

You can put a deposit down on one on ebay for $250. Hopefully the listing is still up in two weeks that way i can afford it,although i will be eating gruel for some time lol.

$250 deposit then $250 plus shipping when its avaliable in september.

He said he would apply the %10, but havent seen notification of the 10% being applied yet.
??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They happily took the 10% off and I got the refund confirmation e-mail. So far, so good, I must say.

Joe

I have preordered it on 7th June at USA Gundam Store. Today they informed me that the kit will arrive sometime late october. This will be a loooong wait... :(

I have preordered it on 7th June at USA Gundam Store. Today they informed me that the kit will arrive sometime late october. This will be a loooong wait... :(
Did you ask them when it would arrive? I ordered mine from them back in May and didn't receive any kind of notice as to when it would ship.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

...OH, WELL, my kits stack is taller than me AND he stares at me every day, so at least I know how to spend time waiting. :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Did you ask them when it would arrive? I ordered mine from them back in May and didn't receive any kind of notice as to when it would ship.

Yeah, I asked them two days ago.

okay, maybe this has been covered here already, but won't anyone else but GundamUSA be carrying the kit? I am just totally reluctant to give money when nothing is in hand.
Been burned a few times,and not necessarily twice shy.. but, c'mon!

okay, maybe this has been covered here already, but won't anyone else but GundamUSA be carrying the kit? I am just totally reluctant to give money when nothing is in hand.
Been burned a few times,and not necessarily twice shy.. but, c'mon!

Derringer, above, works for Bluefin. He seems to be saying, we should hear details around the time of SDCC, which is next week.

I think usa gundam isn't the official reseller. They have some locals in japan, buying 12 kits each. Thats why they take the full payment up front. Thats how it looks to me.

I have built the accurized MPC falcon, the "1/72" FM falcon, the 1/144 Bandai Falcon, and then diagostini falcon which is waiting to be assembled...you'd think I'd be content.

But NO! I must also have THIS more perfect 1/72 falcon...the completionist mind set is a crazy and expensive obsession.

Last edited:

I have built the accurized MPC falcon, the "1/72" FM falcon, the 1/144 Bandai Falcon, and then diagostini falcon which is waiting to be assembled...you'd think I'd be content.

But NO! I must also have THIS more perfect 1/72 falcon...the completionist mind set is a crazy and expensive obsession.

Know what you mean. It's an odd obsession. And I don't think you're the only one!

for those we are interested, p-bandai Hong Kong is now accepting orders for the MF

price - $2739 HKD (approx $351 USD) shipped to a local HK address

for those who has friends/family in HK who are willing to hold/ship this for you, it may not be a bad option (although I think postage will be a killer)

now, do I really want to add this to the garage full of models which I will never get around to build in this life time? :)

http://p-bandai.hk/hobby/item-1100006496/

You can put a deposit down on one on ebay for $250. Hopefully the listing is still up in two weeks that way i can afford it,although i will be eating gruel for some time lol.

$250 deposit then $250 plus shipping when its avaliable in september.

If I may offer some friendly advice: Never, ever pre-order from ebay. It's very easy and common for products of this nature to slip on their shipping date. There are some unethical types who know this and want your money and will wait for the clock to run out. You have a set number of days to contest a sale and ask for a refund. After that ebay will do nothing. Same for paypal. Never buy an item on ebay from someone unless they have the product and it's ready to ship. If they make excuses and say they will send later that's a big red flag.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back