ROGUE ONE - E11 blaster differences

Hi everyone,

I think I found the correct flashlight bracket. Looks like the MAGPUL M-Lock 3 slots rail.

GetImage.ashx

You can find it here :
https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lok-polymer-rail-3-slots

They are available in alluminum and polymer plastic.

What do you think ?

From the length of the rail, it's possible they used the 5 slots instead.

I order a 3 slots and will make some pictures later today with my flashlight on it.

Based on measurements of the flashlight and the airsoft Sterling, the length at the base of the rail should be almost exactly 2 inches.

View attachment 680568

Hi everyone,

I think I found the correct flashlight bracket. Looks like the MAGPUL M-Lock 3 slots rail.

https://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public...Image.png&Format=jpg&Crop=5&Background=dfdfdf

You can find it here :
https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lok-polymer-rail-3-slots

They are available in alluminum and polymer plastic.

What do you think ?

Unfortunately neither that or the 5-slot version pictured below seem correct. Note how the screw holes do not intersect the chamfered ends of the rail as in the reference photos. In addition, it seems too long at 2.5" long for the 5 slot, and too short at 1.6" for the 3.

noImage.png

Every Sterling based prop I've seen from Rogue One including hero props made from actual airsoft Sterlings uses the same resin scope.
While the scope may have been first publicly discovered on Whitearmor,

I've been researching the props for a lot longer and knew about it months before the movie came out.
I've seen the details of the hero props. No real scopes. There could theoretically be a yet unseen one out there with the master scope, but it's not any of the props documented by the studio.

Anyone talk to Doopydoo about it? I'm curious what the backstory is and if he still has that master scope.

Oh you knew about it months before the movie came out did you? How exactly did you discover the matching DoopyDoo serial number in Rogue One prior to the film being released? I'm really curious.
Especially because you're only posting about it now, shortly after the discovery was made on my blaster reference. Yet you claim to have made the discovery last year prior to the film release and have not even mentioned it once before in this thread despite the fact that the scope and its numbers have been brought up and discussed here multiple times already.
I'll tell you right now that I've been researching this blaster for just as long as you claim to, if not longer! If you really made this discovery first; by all means show me some evidence to prove it. Recently somebody else tried to tell me it was actually them who first discovered and posted about the SDS power cylinders, but after comparing our posts it turned out they actually were not the first ones to make the discovery.

Also if the steel airsoft based 'master prop' had a real metal 1943 M38 Telescope I highly doubt it would be the same one that DoopyDoos cast theirs from, probably just another 1943 M38. There are many vintage scopes in great condition still around today, It could literally be any 1943 M38.
It's possible they just bought a bunch of scopes from DoopyDoos instead of wasting valuable production time recasting their own copies for all the resin props.

I'm betting DoopyDoos still has the original master scope in their possession, unless it originally belonged to another owner and was just borrowed for recasting to begin with.

Last edited:
Unfortunately neither that or the 5-slot version pictured below seem correct. Note how the screw holes do not intersect the chamfered ends of the rail as in the reference photos. In addition, it seems too long at 2.5" long for the 5 slot, and too short at 1.6" for the 3.

View attachment 734797

Yea I agree, that's definitely not the rail, the taper on the ends is all wrong. Keep trying though! This little piece is literally the only unknown part on the blaster that has yet to be discovered.

Do we really need to argue about who made which discovery FIRST?...nobody cares.
You BOTH did...congratulations and thank you very much in the name of this community! ;)

Besides of that you seem to forget that lonepigeon aka Chris T. is an artist with not only a S**Tload of knowledge, but good contacts to people at LFL/ Disney. So it is not unlikely, that he had access to pictures and informations from the prop dept. long before the first pictures were or the movie was released.

So please let´s focus on discussing the actual prop, not who did what first.

EVERY input is highly appreciated.

Oh you knew about it months before the movie came out did you? How exactly did you discover the matching DoopyDoo serial number in Rogue One prior to the film being released? I'm really curious.
Especially because you're only posting about it now, shortly after the discovery was made on my blaster reference. Yet you claim to have made the discovery last year prior to the film release and have not even mentioned it once before in this thread despite the fact that the scope and its numbers have been brought up and discussed here multiple times already.
I'll tell you right now that I've been researching this blaster for just as long as you claim to, if not longer! If you really made this discovery first; by all means show me some evidence to prove it. Recently somebody else tried to tell me it was actually them who first discovered and posted about the SDS power cylinders, but after comparing our posts it turned out they actually were not the first ones to make the discovery.

Also if the steel airsoft based 'master prop' had a real metal 1943 M38 Telescope I highly doubt it would be the same one that DoopyDoos cast theirs from, probably just another 1943 M38. There are many vintage scopes in great condition still around today, It could literally be any 1943 M38.
It's possible they just bought a bunch of scopes from DoopyDoos instead of wasting valuable production time recasting their own copies for all the resin props.

I'm betting DoopyDoos still has the original master scope in their possession, unless it originally belonged to another owner and was just borrowed for recasting to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I agree, that's definitely not the rail, the taper on the ends is all wrong. Keep trying though! This little piece is literally the only unknown part on the blaster that has yet to be discovered.

Even this part has already been positively identified, but I leave it to the original "Sherlock", if he wants to reveal that piece of information.

Last edited:

This is the correct rail for attaching the flashlight...
http://www.greenbase.hk/Unmark-System-Rail-base-for-416-Black-GTA1193-

The 3 slot model (2 shown in that set). I ordered mine from there.

Star Wars is my full time job. As Markus said above, I have a lot of access so I find out things earlier than most.
I can't just post that info though since I'm under multiple NDAs and other contracts.
Specifically about the scope... I found out the Doopydoos was a perfect match when someone posted a closeup of their kit from Doopy on one of the Facebook trooper groups. I already had the info on the prop scope and knew they were all the same and ALL castings, even on the hero props.
I didn't tell anyone (about the Doopy connection) until someone finally posted a closeup pic of one of the R1 prop blaster scopes on Flickr (the serial number was clearly visible). Even then I only told a few friends because I wasn't sure how it would be received by the prop community or Doopydoos. It would be like calling out the production as recasters.
I do believe they most likely recast one of Doopydoos castings. It's very unlikely they bought large quantities of scopes from him.
They may have bought or borrowed his real scope.
They did not buy any more real scopes to put on Hero blasters. Most of the real parts they used are/were cheap and plentiful. That's why they used airsoft guns and cheap knockoff flashlights (made by Element, not the original Surefire). The flashlight is another discovery I made, finding the exact model knockoff confirmed by model number markings among other small details. I revealed that one as soon as pics of the blasters were publicly shown.

Slyfox, I don't really care who discovered what first. The only reason I mentioned it was because you were trying to tell me it was not confirmed that the hero props had real or cast scopes. I did confirm it myself. I guess it won't be a certainty for others until the hero props go on display or a book publishes really huge pics of them.

Anyway, back to prop building...
Is anyone making resin or rubber casts of the correct airsoft Sterlings? I really want an accurate base for my blaster and I don't want a metal one (I want my R1 blaster for trooping, but still want it accurate)
Is anyone making R1 accurate cylinders?

Thanks!

Last edited:
@lonepigeon Chris, were you able to definitively determine if the power cylinders were simply cast from the SDS version? Assuming there has only been one version of the SDS cylinders, to my eye the R1 cylinders look too different in proportion, and in ways that can't be chalked up to shrinkage or mold distortion -- a little longer here, a little thinner there, less/different detail -- more like they were built from scratch based on photos of the SDS. Potentially the molding master was a rebuilt/heavily modified SDS, but why bother with that? Thanks for your help.

I agree, it's not worth arguing about that stuff, initially I just thought somebody was trying to take some kind of credit for someone else's discovery. It wasn't even me that made the connection on my blaster reference, it was someone else on whitearmor that I've worked with.

Yes, anyways back to the topic at hand; Every contribution is definitely appreciated. Great info on the flashlight rail Chris! Everyone's been trying to find that little rail. That's awesome, Great Job Identifying that! And I remember it was you that identified the Element M300A Flashlight very early on in this thread. It's Amazing that we actually know the origin of literally every single part of this blaster now!

I believe you about All the scopes in Rogue One including the hero props being resin casts too. I had originally suspected this when I wrote the blaster reference thread for the 501st Stormtrooper Detachment and I even mentioned the possibility at the end of the Scope section in chapter 2. I also believe it's the same case with the Counter, every single Hengstler Counter in Rogue One is probably a resin or rubber cast. I mentioned this possibility as well at the end of the counter section in chapter 3.

Anyways, I will update my Blaster Reference Thread to reflect the discovery you made on the flashlight rail. :thumbsup

Last edited:
Is anyone making resin or rubber casts of the correct airsoft Sterlings? I really want an accurate base for my blaster and I don't want a metal one (I want my R1 blaster for trooping, but still want it accurate)
Is anyone making R1 accurate cylinders?

Thanks!

Yes Chris, There are currently two different rubber casts available. One from "ShearTech" and the other from "Praetorian Blasters", they can both be found in the new R1 E-11 Subforum I started over at the whitearmor.net detachment forum.

The rubber cast from "ShearTech";https://www.facebook.com/therealSni9er/videos/g.1649283795357976/10155265638397226/?type=2&theater

The rubber cast from "Praetorian Blasters";http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41732-praetorian-blasters-r1-e-11-build-up/

This is the correct rail for attaching the flashlight...
http://www.greenbase.hk/Unmark-System-Rail-base-for-416-Black-GTA1193-

The 3 slot model (2 shown in that set). I ordered mine from there.

Thank you very much for posting that rail - I found what seems to be the same company's US facing store on Amazon and ordered a set of two. The listing says "polymer" but they're definitely metal:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6V9FJH/

Here are a few photos. The first two have the new rail on left in comparison to the rail mentioned previously in this thread. The second two are the new rail with the correct flashlight attached.

Thank you very much for posting that rail - I found what seems to be the same company's US facing store on Amazon and ordered a set of two. The listing says "polymer" but they're definitely metal:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6V9FJH/

Here are a few photos. The first two have the new rail on left in comparison to the rail mentioned previously in this thread. The second two are the new rail with the correct flashlight attached.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4269/35293145305_14b24195a7_c.jpg

Yes thanks for posting that as the UK variant is out of stock everywhere you look, It appears you're correct about the US based storefront. The picture of the rails you posted from US "Green Blob" supplier are the exact same product photo from the UK "Greenbase" supplier; http://www.greenbase.hk/416鱼骨片2片短-NGA0906-

Does anyone know how to connect the stock to the sterling? What part do we need to connect it? How can it be done? Appreciate the insight,

I am now the the ref, and I am starting a shore trooper kit. Could you re-post the FB links for the Sean Fields page? The link is broken, and I could not access them externally since the entire url is not shown.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back