eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Then the question becomes "how long to members put up with this?"

That is a personal matter that individuals will have to decide for themselves.

I'll add that by this logic, EFX or other licensed vendors will NEVER be banned simply due to the fact that they can string buyers' along with either hollow promises or pushing back delivery times, that is, until they either finally do deliver something or they just go bankrupt/lose their license, which is honestly no different from NON-licensed vendors who do pretty much the same thing, that or they simply disappear. So I can't entirely agree that this is a valid counter-point to not ban these accounts.

You are absolutely right that if they continue to communicate, a ban may never come. My post wasn't a counter-point. It was a stating of our approach to these situations.

The biggest difference in this circumstance is that you can't argue banning them from the RPF will result in hindered communication, especially when their communication is already craptacular and that they've got official avenues of approach, between directly (HR/customer service) and indirectly (Lucasfilm/Disney entities who deal with these things). The point I'm making is that EFX's line of communication is NOT exclusive to the RPF or any fan-prop community page- and neither are the customers.

No one that will decide on a ban has made this argument.

Additionally, the fact that EFX has members on here with personal accounts, negates the idea of banning "official" accounts unless we tie them with the companies as well. While I hope that nothing nefarious is going on with EFX and the money behind the pre-orders, what happens if something comes to light, as an example above, that an EFX (or any licensed vendor) employee having used their position to for personal benefit, the company goes under at the end of it all, and no one getting what they paid for?

Banning is not a punishment (considering it to be one would be immature, self-important and silly on our part). We ban account solely in an effort to protect the community in the only way we can (which is admittedly very limited) from those who we feel might use our site to prey upon them. It is nothing more.

Are we gonna let this individual off the hook because he was part of a "business" enterprise? Or are we going to allow such individuals who've willfully screwed over an entire collecting community to remain a part of this board?

Fortunately for you, the burden of these questions don't fall upon your shoulders. Let's not be coy. Gino is not eFX. He is just an employee. Without eFX his only threat to the community is contained to personal sales of which we have received no complaints. While he may be tied to eFX he is not necessarily responsible for their actions as a company and again, banning is not a punishment. We would not lash out at him in a petty show of vengeance to "punish" eFX. With that being said, what the members of the community choose to do privately/legally/collectively on their own is their own business. However, I would caution you to read our Community Guidelines carefully before mounting any crusade.

I noticed the efx Millennium Falcon page says it is a preorder with anticipated shipping Q1 2017 and the preorders are non-refundable.

It would seem unwise to place a preorder with efx. You have no idea when or if the product will arrive and there is no option for a refund

This is the best/worst/most blatant money grab yet. They gave themselves a 3 month window from preorder to delivery so they must have been well into production, confident they could get them delivered to their trusting customers who handed over nonrefundable deposits and full payments. Right?

Yet here they are, coming up to 12 months on since the preorder with no Falcons, no delivery date in sight and still no respect for their customers. The pessimist in me might think they had no intention of shipping these 3 months from preorder. But hey, what do I know. :confused

Wait - they offered that Falcon and took pre-orders?
Hilariously yes. NON-REFUNDABLE deposit or payment in full ONLY. Initially (not sure if it's ever been addressed since) without so much as details on the overall dimensions of the finished piece. And, bafflingly, there are presumably people who wanted in on some of that action.

Hilariously yes. NON-REFUNDABLE deposit or payment in full ONLY. Initially (not sure if it's ever been addressed since) without so much as details on the overall dimensions of the finished piece. And, bafflingly, there are presumably people who wanted in on some of that action.
According to the efx website, "Approximate 1:100 Scale - Measures Approximately 13-1/2"* Long X 11" Wide (Diameter)".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I know the problems here...but everyone can protect himself when does not order DIRECT from EFX.You cannot become the Legend stuff...but I can live with that problem because the shipping costs are so extreme high that I could buy another helmet for that money.
I also have the Scout Trooper helmet on preorder...but at my local toydealer.So I have no risk...if they ship it one day..ok...if not...also ok.;)

May 15, 2017

Dear Richard:

Order Number: 108805 - (Deposit)

First, and most importantly, we would like to thank you for your continued patience for our Scout Trooper Helmet. As you know, there have been many delays in the production, the biggest one being the first factory going bankrupt. When we identified a new factory, we had to start over since all of our castings, master patterns, molds and prototypes were taken and ultimately destroyed by the receivership bank.

Now, for the good news! We are now in full production of the Limited Edition helmet! All of the helmets have been cast, and now our QC team is in the process of inspecting every helmet casting. Based on the progress of the production, the factory is estimating that we should be able to start to ship the helmets from Hong Kong in about 60-75 days.

The Helmets

Some of the Facemasks

Our QC Team
(This is Mervyn, he worked with us at MR!)

Just as a reminder as we had previously informed our customers, we now have a new website and unfortunately, we were not able to transfer our database to the new site. But, as you can see, we still have access to the old site and the database of orders. Note, that you will have to re-register on the new site.

Once again, we thank you for your patience!

EFX

* We apologize if you received this e-mail in error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 15, 2017

Dear Richard:

Order Number: 108805 - (Deposit)

First, and most importantly, we would like to thank you for your continued patience for our Scout Trooper Helmet. As you know, there have been many delays in the production, the biggest one being the first factory going bankrupt. When we identified a new factory, we had to start over since all of our castings, master patterns, molds and prototypes were taken and ultimately destroyed by the receivership bank.

Now, for the good news! We are now in full production of the Limited Edition helmet! All of the helmets have been cast, and now our QC team is in the process of inspecting every helmet casting. Based on the progress of the production, the factory is estimating that we should be able to start to ship the helmets from Hong Kong in about 60-75 days.

The Helmets

Some of the Facemasks

Our QC Team
(This is Mervyn, he worked with us at MR!)

Just as a reminder as we had previously informed our customers, we now have a new website and unfortunately, we were not able to transfer our database to the new site. But, as you can see, we still have access to the old site and the database of orders. Note, that you will have to re-register on the new site.

Once again, we thank you for your patience!

EFX

* We apologize if you received this e-mail in error.

44224957e835bc3559f539da9fbc91db.jpg
8dfb6c534e73211ca8adbed7ae16e704.jpg
2d0b0188df219bdb7e9650721e87dafe.jpg

I have not. However, I have the Legend on order, & these are the fiberglass Limiteds. Ssssooooo maybe they're only sending the updates to the ones who ordered the Limited? I don't know, I'm trying to think positive.
They look good. Lets hope they ACTUALLY ship in 3 or 4 months.

I know the problems here...but everyone can protect himself when does not order DIRECT from EFX.You cannot become the Legend stuff...but I can live with that problem because the shipping costs are so extreme high that I could buy another helmet for that money.
I also have the Scout Trooper helmet on preorder...but at my local toydealer.So I have no risk...if they ship it one day..ok...if not...also ok.;)

Know what you mean. EFX shipping to Romaniia for Vader Legend through FedEx was $700, add taxes, VAT (24% at that time) and customs to that, and I could have bought a second Legend helmet - insane... I bought my Legend from a RPF member for a very honest price, waaaaaay below the crazy EFX offer, and very close to what US customers paid.

Paid in full Limited here, I also received the same email.

I wonder how long after the "shipping from Hong Kong in 60-75 days" it will take for the helmets to actually arrive in the USA.

I knew the last factory was a bust, but first I've heard they lost everything.

We deserved a simple detailed explanation. I have some empathy for them with that situation.

What I don't understand is this not being communicated properly and the guy nervously telling me at the Anaheim SW celebration (2015) that they would be arriving in 3 to 4 months.

I still remain in the camp that one day I will see this helmet.

When/if the time comes when they're done & ready to ship, the ones who've paid the deposit will get the option to - either - pay their helmets off & get them shipped immediately, or make payments. My advice is PAY THEM OFF NOW! Speaking from experience, I chose the "monthly payments" option with my Vader Limited. They took the 1st payment.... & that was it. It then took a few months of constant emailing, of me begging for them to take the rest of the money, so I could finally get my helmet.
With this helmet, I'm again in as deep as a deposit for the Legend. However, now, when the time comes, I'm paying it off immediately.

Paid in Full for Limited first day on pre order but no email for me :(

This is starting to seem very random. apparently only some who pre-ordered the Limited have gotten the e-mail but far from all.
Also am i the only one who still haven't seen or heared anything about my free Vader helmet ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back